IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

My most played FPS is back again with its nice and lovely chunky unfiltered pixels. It's kind of like a Brutal Quake, with hints of Quake II's aesthetic thrown in. It's no doubt also in response to Dusk & Devil's Hand bringing back the 90s software rendered vibe. It's still in beta but it seems OK so far ...

https://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWJFudlrgvo

Even if you have Darkplaces installed anyway I recommend using the version supplied with the mod as I had loads of visual glitches with the more recent version I had installed (missing textures, holes in maps, console error messages being thrown up)

This looks very cool, but the weapons NOT being centred on the screen feels really weird. I’ll still give this a try tomorrow though

I was wondering what seemed off, couldn't quite place why it seemed different ... you'll be happy to know that in the General Options menu when you press the 'Home' key that you can choose to have centralised weapons. You'll be wanting to head in the menus anyways as the mad man has 'mouse invert' on by default :blink:

My most played FPS is back again with its nice and lovely chunky unfiltered pixels. It's kind of like a Brutal Quake, with hints of Quake II's aesthetic thrown in. It's no doubt also in response to Dusk & Devil's Hand bringing back the 90s software rendered vibe. It's still in beta but it seems OK so far ...

https://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWJFudlrgvo

Even if you have Darkplaces installed anyway I recommend using the version supplied with the mod as I had loads of visual glitches with the more recent version I had installed (missing textures, holes in maps, console error messages being thrown up)

This looks very cool, but the weapons NOT being centred on the screen feels really weird. I’ll still give this a try tomorrow though

I was wondering what seemed off, couldn't quite place why it seemed different ... you'll be happy to know that in the General Options menu when you press the 'Home' key that you can choose to have centralised weapons. You'll be wanting to head in the menus anyways as the mad man has 'mouse invert' on by default :blink:

That's the only way to use the mouse in FPS games, mate...

current game: slay the spire. verdict, awesome. roguelike card game, no randomly generated dps stats ingame so the level of strategy is phenomonal. ive only played the ironclad so far, reached the act 3 boss but got annihilated.

oh man i've been real hooked on slay the spire too. great game. you're gonna love the other characters. the defect especially, the way that class plays is just brilliant.

Slay the Spire is my most played game in the last year (300hrs, omg). It hits every mark for addictive rogue-like elements and deckbuilders. I didn't realize they finally got out of Early Access!

This sucks. After what appears to be almost a decade in development, Nintendo has pulled the plug on Retro Studios' Metroid Prime 4, and are basically starting over. I can't imagine the morale at Retro, I think they've even been thru layoffs and restructuring in the last year.

Sounds like Metroid Prime 4 is in development hell basically. As with any game today, it's better that they take their time and be thorough and diligent with their development, than to rush something out all broken and buggy.

The Resident Evil 2 remaster just dropped and has been getting positive reviews across the board so far. Now I'm tempted.

The Resident Evil 2 remaster just dropped and has been getting positive reviews across the board so far.

Of course it has, I mean just look at the quality of that tofu:

resident-evil-2-remake-tofu-bonus-mode.j

The Resident Evil 2 remaster just dropped and has been getting positive reviews across the board so far.

Does it support PSVR?

Does it support PSVR?

It's third person

This sucks. After what appears to be almost a decade in development, Nintendo has pulled the plug on Retro Studios' Metroid Prime 4, and are basically starting over. I can't imagine the morale at Retro, I think they've even been thru layoffs and restructuring in the last year.

The video says Retro wasn't working on it, and that Nintendo is bringing them back in to take it on. So, good news for Retro no?

The video says Retro wasn't working on it, and that Nintendo is bringing them back in to take it on. So, good news for Retro no?

yeah pretty sure it was being developed by bamco before. don't know why they wouldn't have started with retro. hopefully this'll light a fire under them to rerelease the first 3 in hd with normal controls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=zLIv_UXI_So

yeah pretty sure it was being developed by bamco before. don't know why they wouldn't have started with retro. hopefully this'll light a fire under them to rerelease the first 3 in hd with normal controls
What I've gleaned from the sparse info available, Retro started this game some years back, got too much on their plate, and Nintendo subbed it out to Bandai Namco Singapore, who have apparently fucked it to the point it has to go back to Retro for a restart. So then, what the Hell have Retro been doing since the last Donkey Kong Country?? There's a rumored Star Fox racing game, but that could have been cancelled by now.

Re2 remake is great, playing now

Just came in the mail. Been waiting for this for years. Loved remake, RE4, and RE7, but never got a chance to play RE2 when it came out originally.

Just came in the mail. Been waiting for this for years. Loved remake, RE4, and RE7, but never got a chance to play RE2 when it came out originally.

oh man... i think you're in for a treat. i really wanted to wait for this to get cheaper but the temptation to dive in now is pretty strong

oh man... i think you're in for a treat. i really wanted to wait for this to get cheaper but the temptation to dive in now is pretty strong

I wouldn't hold it against you if you gave in. Having played the 1998 tank control original, Capcom nailed it as a remaster. I put in about 2 hours and so far my only complaint is inventory management. You may frequently have to backtrack to storage chests.

Ion Maiden got a recent 113 MB update as well, including a new map, new weapon (along with updates to 2 existing ones), new power up, and new game mode. Scheduled release for full game is Q2 this year.

RE2 (2019) is growing on me. I know I bitched about inventory management earlier, but turns out it becomes less of a problem as you get upgrades for more inventory space.

Ammo IS scarce af tho. But I'll be damned if this isn't a proper remake. Anyone who loved the 1998 original will not be disappointed with this one.