IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

glad ppl are enjoying re2

is spiderman good? tell me it's good cos i just ordered it for £30 new

A ton of fun if not so innovative. I 100%'d the game and all the DLCs.

Seems a bit generic and childish tbh, will give it a chance though, reminds me of deadpool game Edited by worms

^ best moment from that game.

iirc they did some dodgy non-canonical shit like add weird 'zombies' in a sewer level but in large part it feels right in with the movie. it was one of the first games I played where I felt player choices really had an impact on the story.

Edited by usagi

I'm right at the boss fight to save Ada, but I have a roll of film I haven't developed yet. Should I risk going back up to the police station to develop it, or will I get a chance after this fight?

Bloodborne is excellent, really looking forward to Sekiro, but I do hope they eventually decide to do a Bloodborne 2.

Sekiro should be nice yeah, BB is so perfect I almost don't want a sequel.

But I do. Won't be mad if they don't do one tho

Yeah, I'm with you on that. On one hand I want more, because it was excellent and I want more Lovecraftian goodness. On the other, the game and it's lore were self-contained nicely far better than even the Souls games.

Also for those that have finished RE2, I need advice on something...

I know I'm at the boss fight to help Ada, cause I attempted once and died... but I also have a roll of film I haven't developed yet, should I do the boss fight first or run back up the the police station to develop the film? Will I get a chance if I don't do it now?

Edited by ghOsty

It runs on modern machines alright iirc, the only two exceptions being that the police target practice area and the escape from the bomb blast scene don't work right since they're tied to cpu cycles.

I'm surprised Good Old Games haven't picked it up yet for legit redistribution ....

I'm right at the boss fight to save Ada, but I have a roll of film I haven't developed yet. Should I risk going back up to the police station to develop it, or will I get a chance after this fight?

Bloodborne is excellent, really looking forward to Sekiro, but I do hope they eventually decide to do a Bloodborne 2.

Sekiro should be nice yeah, BB is so perfect I almost don't want a sequel.

But I do. Won't be mad if they don't do one tho

Yeah, I'm with you on that. On one hand I want more, because it was excellent and I want more Lovecraftian goodness. On the other, the game and it's lore were self-contained nicely far better than even the Souls games.

Also for those that have finished RE2, I need advice on something...

I know I'm at the boss fight to help Ada, cause I attempted once and died... but I also have a roll of film I haven't developed yet, should I do the boss fight first or run back up the the police station to develop the film? Will I get a chance if I don't do it now?

You are at the point of no return for the police station. No idea what’s on the film.

RE2 spoiler regarding said roll of film

If it's the one you found in the sewer section, I'd return to the police station with it and develop it in the dark room. If you examine it, it should say "Hiding Place". You can shortcut back to the police station if you have that T-shaped crank, as well as the key to the room in the treatment facility. You can take the lift up after you move that shelf in that room you unlocked with the key. (the room with the door labeled "Treatment Facility" IIRC, but mind the zombies)

Once you've developed the film, head back to the S.T.A.R.S. room and search around. That photo from the developed film provides a hint. Thank me later. Just make sure you do this before inserting the 6 chess plugs into the appropriate sockets that open the bulkhead door.

Edited by ambermonk

You are at the point of no return for the police station. No idea what’s on the film.

It seems I'm not, see below

RE2 spoiler regarding said roll of film

If it's the one you found in the sewer section, I'd return to the police station with it and develop it in the dark room. If you examine it, it should say "Hiding Place". You can shortcut back to the police station if you have that T-shaped crank, as well as the key to the room in the treatment facility. You can take the lift up after you move that shelf in that room you unlocked with the key. (the room with the door labeled "Treatment Facility" IIRC, but mind the zombies)

Once you've developed the film, head back to the S.T.A.R.S. room and search around. That photo from the developed film provides a hint. Thank me later. Just make sure you do this before inserting the 6 chess plugs into the appropriate sockets that open the bulkhead door.

I had the utility door open, and was still able to backtrack all the way back up, unfortunately forgot to revisit the S.T.A.R.S. room, but I did get the first hint. In the "next area" beyond the sewers now... Will probably finish Leon's run tomorrow.

This has been a great game so far, really hones in on the survival aspect of the survival-horror genre, for most of the game it felt like I was barely scraping by and keeps that tension.

Who would've thought a free multiplayer version of Tetris would rule in 2019, but it's awesome.

Agreed - I just wish I could get into the top 10 finalists during a round... when it gets down to 50-30, I get overwhelmed with a diarrhea blast of rows and die.

Who would've thought a free multiplayer version of Tetris would rule in 2019, but it's awesome.

Agreed - I just wish I could get into the top 10 finalists during a round... when it gets down to 50-30, I get overwhelmed with a diarrhea blast of rows and die.

I'm still not used to modern tetris drop button so i prefer older versions (nes, gameboy, snes)

Wow, the RE2 ending was... sudden.

apparently the "2nd Run" endings for each character are more fleshed out.

Yeah it was the same in the original, however this was a lot more abrupt and poorly executed; in the original the abbreviated endings actually felt complete.

I'm still not used to modern tetris drop button so i prefer older versions (nes, gameboy, snes)

The one thing with T99 I find enormously frustrating is having to use Nintendo's excuse of a d-pad (basically four directional buttons) to control it - why not the analogue stick at least as an option?

And yes, I know they sell those cap thingys to turn it into more of a D-pad, but still not the same.

Controversy surrounding Metro Exodus now. The publisher Deep Silver made the decision to pull the game from Steam and make it exclusive to the Epic service, two weeks before scheduled launch. Lots of people are pissed, and understandably so. Supposedly Epic's quality as a game service is garbage compared to Steam. I used it briefly myself early last year when during my Fortnite (StW) phase. And I've had multiple failed login attempts into my Epic account. But I uninstalled the service a few months back anyway. Other users aren't as lucky though I've heard.

No way am I buying Metro Exodus now, let alone pre-ordering, so long as it's Epic exclusive.

As for RE2, I haven't touched it since Monday when I lost my nerve. Maybe I'll pick it back up later when I'm done being a chicken. I dunno tho, I legit got minor PTSD from it.

The Epic store is somewhat ok, but the best thing is that they give away about 1 game every 2 weeks for free

I now have: Axiom Verge, Subnautica, Super Meat Boy, What Remains of Edith Finch, and Jackbox Party Pack. 

Awesome, great interview. 

Gonna check out that game. 

my nephew broke the switch that he got for his birthday. it wont charge. he tried a new power supply and that failed to work. wondering if any of you guys have experience sending  to nintendo repair centre? what's are the prices like? i guess it's better to send to nintendo official repairman, they'll have all the spare parts handy...