IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Bloody-Palace.jpg

Finally got through main storyline missions last night and started playing this. Basically (for me) as close to hack n' slash gaming joy as one can get. Just floor after floor of different enemy combinations being thrown at you. My only complaint would be (it's a minor one) it would be nice if you could set up your own floor combinations. Otherwise, gaming perfection. 

Just picked up Crimzon Clover: World Ignition on Steam... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyWFF1sNfKM

I've heard a lot about it over the last few years, and since I had a few extra $$ this payday... figured why the hell not. 

I'm pretty surprised it runs on my meager little laptop. 

So far, I'm pretty pleased with the scoring mechanics - and the graphics are top notch. It's pretty satisfying destroying large groupings of ships and seeing all the gems get sucked up. 

DoDonPachi DaiFukkatsu

=D

It only took me 9 years, but I finally made it into the Ura loop...

=P

Congrats! I’ve only recently discovered how amazing and difficult the Cave games are. I’m about to dive into this genre.

Ha, thanks!

If I could make a suggestion - I'd fully recommend checking out Mushihimesama (Bug Panic) - it's easily the most straight-forward bullet-hell title from Cave that I've played. The 'Original' mode is just - shoot enemies, collect gems, find enemies that you can 'grind' (by staying as close to them as you can) for gems, and don't get hit. The other gameplay modes included get more fancy with the scoring systems, but it's still probably the most accessible (in terms of getting to know the genre - not difficulty - the game can be ridiculously hard, especially on higher difficulty settings) Cave's library.

Oh... and this is a great resource if you're interested in getting to know the scoring systems and just general ins and outs of bullet-hell games (I linked a search that should show most of Cave's games) - http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/?s=bullet+hell+cave+shoot-em-up

Good luck! 

=D

Thanks for the info and link!

I have some experience playing Espgaluda and DoDonPachi, so I'm a little familiar with some of the scoring mechanics. I've been browsing through a bunch of Cave games in MAME to see what clicks and they're all pretty great in their own unique ways.

No problem-o!

I hope it helps you click a bit more with their games. 

And yeah... I think every single one of their releases is fairly unique - aside from sequels, of course - but even with those it seems like they expand on or change quite a bit when it comes to the scoring systems & gameplay modes. 

And since you're familiar with Espgaluda and DoDonPachi... the scoring descriptions on that hardcoregaming site will be a lot easier to grasp while reading (ie, you shouldn't have to jump back and forth between reading the site and playing the game while trying to make sure you're understanding everything correctly). 

And also, since you're familiarizing yourself with their games, if you haven't yet, you should snag the Mushihimesama Futari Black Label rom. That's got to be my favorite game in their entire catalog. Followed closely by Espgaluda II Black Label, though I'm not sure if that was ever released in arcades. But if you have an XBOX 360, the $80 purchase is TOTALLY fucking worth it. Speaking of which, I really need to get MAME installed on this laptop... 

I'm still sporadically playing all the games that I started last year. It has been hard for me to really enjoy these things lately. I started playing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night again because I've never beaten it... I think I've quit on it again. I might get back to it soon. I also started on Azure Striker Gunvolt for Switch. I didn't finish it on 3DS because I found it very uncomfortable to play, but it's much better with a controller.

I've mostly just been working on my own game and playing a few others for inspiration. I've recently started feeling really sad about the fact that I have so many games that I'll never even be able to start playing because I don't have the time, energy, desire, whatever... I still have every game that I've ever owned in my life, and a great deal of those I've never even played. My head tells me to sell them, but my heart says to keep them. What a dilemma :\

But the truth is that I think I'm getting to the point where I'm no longer going to buy games, no matter what they are or what they cost. They're becoming a waste of money for me, and I need all the money I can get. It's a weird revelation to have.

Decided to try Enter the Gungeon since it was on sale for only $7.49 on Steam. Looks like a DLC just came out for it as well, which I'll probably try later. Pretty cool so far.

Also just unlocked the Engineer in Risk of Rain 2. Had to complete 30 stages in order to do so, but I think it was worth it. Now just need to unlock the Artificer and the Mercenary. And I wonder if the Acrid and the Bandit will be returning once the game is complete.

Also downloaded Borderlands GOTY Enhanced edition since it was free for owning a copy of the original game. But I'm having an issue where all that's showing is a black screen in game, although the menu and cutscenes seem to be OK. So it's basically unplayable until NVIDIA drops another driver update...hopefully.

Also downloaded Borderlands GOTY Enhanced edition since it was free for owning a copy of the original game. But I'm having an issue where all that's showing is a black screen in game, although the menu and cutscenes seem to be OK. So it's basically unplayable until NVIDIA drops another driver update...hopefully.

Works fine for me, running on latest stable Nvidia drivers…

Shyot. Hope that doesn't mean I need a new machine. Because the original, BL2, and Pre-Sequel work fine..

Nah, it's probably some corrupted file or something. Try verifying the files through steam, or uninstall and reinstall the game.

Shyot. Hope that doesn't mean I need a new machine. Because the original, BL2, and Pre-Sequel work fine..

Nah, it's probably some corrupted file or something. Try verifying the files through steam, or uninstall and reinstall the game.

I'll try uninstalling then downloading and reinstalling after work tonight. In the meantime I've begun a new playthrough in the original Borderlands GOTY as backup, on high graphics settings. I understand the Enhanced version has new gameplay tweaks as well, but to what degree I'm not certain.

I'll try uninstalling then downloading and reinstalling after work tonight. In the meantime I've begun a new playthrough in the original Borderlands GOTY as backup, on high graphics settings. I understand the Enhanced version has new gameplay tweaks as well, but to what degree I'm not certain.

I think the biggest one is the on-screen mini-map. I can see how that would be useful, since the original game didn't have that. Fucking annoying to have to keep going into the map to check where you are

bit the bullet and getting a MISTer... wish me luck folks... 

I'd love to get hold of a Vampire v4 board for my Amiga 1200, but it'll be silly money when/if it's released, and it'll sell out quicker than a motherfucker. I'll have to make do with my ACA1233n accelerated Amiga 1200

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

that's the one. 

never had an amiga so am honestly pretty clueless on all things amiga, but this should be a good opportunity to poke around at one via https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Minimig-AGA_MiSTer

that's the one. 

never had an amiga so am honestly pretty clueless on all things amiga, but this should be a good opportunity to poke around at one via https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Minimig-AGA_MiSTer

Yeah the MiSTer can do a good Amiga, as far as I know.

Amigas are fucking awesome, but then I'm biased, I grew up messing around on them. I'm still a bit sad that the IBM PC architecture took over.

I was thinking about this a month or so ago, actually...in the 90s there were all these different home computer architectures floating around, it was great. Now they've all literally been replaced by the IBM PC compatible (even consoles now are running PC architecture hardware). There has been a lot of talk about Apple moving over to ARM based CPUs for their Macintosh computers, and Microsoft has been toying around with ARM too.

I think it's time for a change, to be honest. But it's gonna be a bit tumultuous.

that's the one. 

Yeah the MiSTer can do a good Amiga, as far as I know.

Amigas are fucking awesome, but then I'm biased, I grew up messing around on them. I'm still a bit sad that the IBM PC architecture took over.

I was thinking about this a month or so ago, actually...in the 90s there were all these different home computer architectures floating around, it was great. Now they've all literally been replaced by the IBM PC compatible (even consoles now are running PC architecture hardware). There has been a lot of talk about Apple moving over to ARM based CPUs for their Macintosh computers, and Microsoft has been toying around with ARM too.

I think it's time for a change, to be honest. But it's gonna be a bit tumultuous.

There's been rumours of Apple developing their own CPUs for Macs to a) Stop paying Intel for chips, b) bring closer together their iOS/MacOS ecosystems, and c) Effectively kill Hackintoshes

mortal kombat 11 fuckin hell, i havent' been this HYPE for a game since mortal kombat 10 wich was a total disappointment compared to mk 9 but the beta gave me high hopes

i just love playing this game online, when you finally beat all those screaming kids who only pick scorpion, i tell you, that gives any man a boner rushsh

mortal kombat 11 fuckin hell, i havent' been this HYPE for a game since mortal kombat 10 wich was a total disappointment compared to mk 9 but the beta gave me high hopes

i just love playing this game online, when you finally beat all those screaming kids who only pick scorpion, i tell you, that gives any man a boner rushsh

I haven't played Mortal Kombat since II, but this does look awesome. Will I be totally overwhelmed, or is it possibly to get back in it for 11? I will not play online, just solo and with friends at home.