IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

https://youtu.be/28uPjH5aQVU

lol @ this overpriced slap of plastic

wtf are they thinking ..

imagine most of the money is in the parts and sticks..

also imagine people willing to spend money on this already have a home set of sticks..

also you can’t use this with other devices like you can a hori or madcatz.

very bizarre shit going on here lol

https://youtu.be/28uPjH5aQVU

lol @ this overpriced slap of plastic

wtf are they thinking ..

imagine most of the money is in the parts and sticks..

also imagine people willing to spend money on this already have a home set of sticks..

also you can’t use this with other devices like you can a hori or madcatz.

very bizarre shit going on here lol

Probably for people rich enough to make a faux arcade setup for their Switch

4tq8waa0s0n21.jpg

not to mention switch already has .. capcom beatemup collection, street fighter collection, SNK oldschool collection, namco collection + good collection on Hamster arcade ports.

the capcom logo still strikes me as being exceedingly a waste of money.

i guess i'm thinking about it all wrong, and it's more an expensive "nice looking" monument to put up and display.

Edited by bitchroast

along the lines of the Street Fighter 2 cartridge re-release that had cost $100 and had the warning

"WARNING: Use of this reproduction game cartridge (the “Product”) on the SNES gaming hardware may cause the SNES console to overheat or catch fire. The SNES hardware is deemed a vintage collectible, so please exercise extreme caution when using the Product and make sure there is fire extinguishment equipment nearby. Use of the Product is at the sole risk of the user."

https://store.iam8bit.com/products/street-fighter-ii-30th-anniversary-edition

Yeah I don't know why anyone would want a table sized logo in their house.

The Switch 8.0 update brought some pretty nice QoL improvements though. I also finally picked up Smash Bros

Started cities skylines. As someone who has very little time for gaming, it’s not instantly approachable and it’s a challenge to get the pacing right. I can’t get beyond a small town before everyone loses their electricity or water, there’s a sewage backup, there are too many sick people, homes are abandoned, I’m out of money and loans, and there’s a mass exodus. Need to understand the foundation and pacing more. Until then, back to red dead.

I'm about halfway thru Project Warlock - an indie pixel FPS that came out last December. Cool aesthetics, good soundtrack, not disappointed. A must-try for the classic  early 90s shooter fan base.

I'm about halfway thru Project Warlock - an indie pixel FPS that came out last December. Cool aesthetics, good soundtrack, not disappointed. A must-try for the classic  early 90s shooter fan base.

I got that too, I tried playing it for a bit but couldn't get into it. Something about it that just feels off, something in the movement. I'll give it another try though.

DUSK had me wanting to play through from beginning to end, though. I'm also looking forward to Prodeus.

posting in the 666 page just because. Also, still on DMC V Blood Palace + 2nd replay. Game does a great job softly training you to steadily improve your skills while still keeping it fun. Spectacular game design prob my fave hack/slash second only to Ninja Gaiden II. 

EDIT: So I go to my google feed and I see Ninja Gaiden II and think "oh yeah, it's just google picking up on my post here and invasively sending me things info on things that, ok, yeah, I do want to know about" and then I see NINJA GAIDEN II IS NOW BACKWARDS COMPAT ON XBOX ONE!!!?!!!!

OASIDFPOAISHD FPOIAH S;OAHS DF;IOASHDF H 

*mind assplodes*

Edited by T3551ER

I got that too, I tried playing it for a bit but couldn't get into it. Something about it that just feels off, something in the movement. I'll give it another try though.

DUSK had me wanting to play through from beginning to end, though. I'm also looking forward to Prodeus.

I felt iffy about Project Warlock at first too. But after you complete the first episode it turns out the array of environments and enemies throughout the game is much more diverse than it initially appears. Plus you get cool weapon upgrades.

I think I left off on E2M7 of Dusk on Cero Miedo about three weeks ago when I got distracted by Risk Of Rain 2. But I might return to it after finishing Project Warlock.

As for Prodeus, I just backed them on Kickstarter a few days ago. TBH I feel that indie devs are the true heroes of the game industry these days.

Edited by ambermonk

posting in the 666 page just because. Also, still on DMC V Blood Palace + 2nd replay. Game does a great job softly training you to steadily improve your skills while still keeping it fun. Spectacular game design prob my fave hack/slash second only to Ninja Gaiden II. 

EDIT: So I go to my google feed and I see Ninja Gaiden II and think "oh yeah, it's just google picking up on my post here and invasively sending me things info on things that, ok, yeah, I do want to know about" and then I see NINJA GAIDEN II IS NOW BACKWARDS COMPAT ON XBOX ONE!!!?!!!!

OASIDFPOAISHD FPOIAH S;OAHS DF;IOASHDF H 

*mind assplodes*

Pfft. This is the real Ninja Gaiden II:

Ninja Gaiden 1 has been backwards compatible on the nintendo Switch for months now.

And a damn fine game it is - the whole trilogy on NES/Famicom could be considered the Dark Souls of its day...

ey. definitely.

but also, what about ... Faxanadu.

I loved Faxanadu! It was such a weird game, and yes, a bit like Dark Souls (the setting at least; wasn't particularly hard as far as I can recall).

I felt iffy about Project Warlock at first too. But after you complete the first episode it turns out the array of environments and enemies throughout the game is much more diverse than it initially appears. Plus you get cool weapon upgrades.

I think I left off on E2M7 of Dusk on Cero Miedo about three weeks ago when I got distracted by Risk Of Rain 2. But I might return to it after finishing Project Warlock.

As for Prodeus, I just backed them on Kickstarter a few days ago. TBH I feel that indie devs are the true heroes of the game industry these days.

I'm for sure gonna return back to Project Warlock, just like I recently did with Wolfenstein: The New Order. Just will need a concerted push from me to do so.

DUSK is absolutely my favourite game of last year, deffo recommended. It ticks all the boxes for being a retro inspired game that brings in just enough modern niceties.

Most of the games I've own are from indie devs, or at least devs that started out as indies and became venerable and aborbed into something bigger (looking at you id Software). I've got a few games from the stupidly commerical devs, but they're generally not my favourites.

I loved Faxanadu!

+1.

That and "Battle of Olympus" i keep revisiting frequently on emus. Excellent soundtracks, too.

Faxanadu isn't terribly hard if you go through the chore of farming coins early on.