IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

posting in the 666 page just because. Also, still on DMC V Blood Palace + 2nd replay. Game does a great job softly training you to steadily improve your skills while still keeping it fun. Spectacular game design prob my fave hack/slash second only to Ninja Gaiden II. 

EDIT: So I go to my google feed and I see Ninja Gaiden II and think "oh yeah, it's just google picking up on my post here and invasively sending me things info on things that, ok, yeah, I do want to know about" and then I see NINJA GAIDEN II IS NOW BACKWARDS COMPAT ON XBOX ONE!!!?!!!!

OASIDFPOAISHD FPOIAH S;OAHS DF;IOASHDF H 

*mind assplodes*

Pfft. This is the real Ninja Gaiden II:

An utter classic. I really loved the cut scenes and art when I was a kid. Plus the music is great.

^ I backed them a few days ago. I guess when it comes to a Doom tribute though it's actually preferable not to diverge too far from the original formula. But I'm stoked regardless.

And here's some recent gameplay footage of Wrath - another upcoming throwback FPS

^ I backed them a few days ago. I guess when it comes to a Doom tribute though it's actually preferable not to diverge too far from the original formula. But I'm stoked regardless.

And here's some recent gameplay footage of Wrath - another upcoming throwback FPS

One minute in, and this looks great

Here’s the full list of “the next ten”, as Sega is calling them:

Earthworm Jim

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse

World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck

Contra: Hard Corps

Streets of Rage 2

Thunder Force III

Super Fantasy Zone

Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master

Landstalker

https://techraptor.net/content/ten-more-games-announced-for-sega-genesis-mini-sonic-mickey-and-more

I loved Faxanadu!

+1.

That and "Battle of Olympus" i keep revisiting frequently on emus. Excellent soundtracks, too.

Faxanadu isn't terribly hard if you go through the chore of farming coins early on.

Also love Faxanadu, and Zelda II is still my favorite Zelda and one of my favorite games full stop.

I think "Sidescrolling platformer with RPG elements" is just my thing.

I loved Faxanadu!

+1.

That and "Battle of Olympus" i keep revisiting frequently on emus. Excellent soundtracks, too.

Faxanadu isn't terribly hard if you go through the chore of farming coins early on.

Also love Faxanadu, and Zelda II is still my favorite Zelda and one of my favorite games full stop.

You absolutely owe it to yourself to check out BoO then, if you haven't already... it's basically a Zelda 2 mod:

comparison.gif

tried playing thru Zelda 2 again couple months ago, without using save states or cheating (did use a walkthrough though :-) 

got up to the last dungeon but it really started getting too hard. almost seems like the game relies on ... not picking up any Extra lives during the initial run and then stocking up on all the available extra lives specifically for the last dungeon... picking up an extra life in the game removes it from the map and going with this strategy pretty much means needing to start the game from scratch ;-; 

Zelda 2 rules but definitely gets a little too hard there toward the end. maybe one day ;-; 

I loved Faxanadu!

+1.

You absolutely owe it to yourself to check out BoO then, if you haven't already... it's basically a Zelda 2 mod:

comparison.gif

I've never played very far in it, I looked at it a bit on emulator and I may have rented it once as a kid but I'm not sure.  I remember it being good but I think there was something less satisfying about the controls.  I do need to play it for real sometime, though.  I'v heard Athena was another solid Zelda II style game.

tried playing thru Zelda 2 again couple months ago, without using save states or cheating (did use a walkthrough though :-) 

got up to the last dungeon but it really started getting too hard. almost seems like the game relies on ... not picking up any Extra lives during the initial run and then stocking up on all the available extra lives specifically for the last dungeon... picking up an extra life in the game removes it from the map and going with this strategy pretty much means needing to start the game from scratch ;-; 

Zelda 2 rules but definitely gets a little too hard there toward the end. maybe one day ;-; 

I think if you played it as a kid it's different, because it dosn't seem too hard to me now but I do remember it was like 6 months before anyone I knew beat it back in the day. I actually remember leaving the room the first time a friend of mine beat it because I didn't have it yet and I didn't want the ending spoiled.

A lot of Zelda 2 could probably be fixed with improving the dialogue - A mixture of the poor translation and the vague vagueness really makes it a nightmare to play without some sort of guide.