IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Just finished the final boss fight in the Nightdive remaster of Blood (end of fourth episode...fifth doesn't count). The Cultists will always be the toughest enemies imo. Just one of those bastards can drop you in a split second from full health.

Then decided to try Brigund: Oaxaca. It's rather clunky, but I can see what some say about its similarity to Deus Ex and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.. I'll probably delve into a little more tonight, but will try Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden if I decide I've had enough.

16 hours ago, Brisbot said:

Thanks. I'll be looking them up. I am more interested in the older games. I tend to enjoy older RPG's since they didn't have it down to a science then and innovate in ways newer rpgs just don't. 

Ever play the original Phantasy Star? Absolute all-time classic.

• Like 1

I cleaned up and added a composite output to an old trashpicked Atari 2600 yesterday and I've been trying to troubleshoot some intermittent video problems and hopefully avoid having to drop $25 on a new TIA chip. In the process of doing that before work this morning I beat E.T.

21 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Lapis X Labrinth looks very, very interesting (PS4/Switch)

Yeah it looks like an action-oriented Disgaea, could be good fun indeed !
I'm currently trying to finish all the games I have on Switch (some of them I barely started), including Disgaea 5 : it was hard for me to get into it but I really like the game for some reason now ! I'm getting close to the end of the main story so I guess this is where the fun begins lol

3 minutes ago, splbt said:

gives me a seizure just looking at a gameplay video

Yeah lol I had the same reaction at first, better read that epilepsy warning carefully :emotawesomepm9:

1 hour ago, splbt said:

gives me a seizure just looking at a gameplay video

1 hour ago, Stock said:

Yeah lol I had the same reaction at first, better read that epilepsy warning carefully :emotawesomepm9:

Yeah, to say the action gets chaotic is an understatement

On 5/22/2019 at 12:03 AM, bitchroast said:

https://www.retrorgb.com/mister-hdmi-core-now-sub-1-frame-of-lag.html

the hdmi output is seemingly pretty snappy and just subject to tv adding lag it seems. i would like to test the vga outs but my crt is (indefinitely) at my mums

I didn't have anything that could accept HDMI at all until last month, my folks got me a small LCD TV set for my birthday, and it's about the cheapest usable one you can get so I'm sure the lag is pretty bad.

I would love a big CRT but it's getting hard to find them free since everyone started recycling, and the little 14" Commodore monitor is working well so far.  I'm glad I didn't lug it around for nothing the last 7 years.

I think I'd be less picky about lag with SNES games since most of them I've only played emulated and most of them tend to be less twitchy than NES so it doesn't matter as much. TBH I'd probably mostly play Kirby's Dream Course anyhow.

Been thinking about playing through vanilla Doom and Doom II this summer, it's been about 10 years. I don't know if I could deal with using the original keyboard controls though.

Edited by TubularCorporation

It had been so long I forgot you could actually remap the keys in the original DOS versions, I thought you were stuck with the default controls that make it really awkward to circle strafe.  Nobody I knew started using WASD until Quake. Thanks for the reminder!

Edited by TubularCorporation

7 hours ago, ManjuShri said:

this micro mages game looks so incredible. gonna have to buy a rom and try it on my MiSTer :wang: !!! it supports 4 players as well and just in general what the game is doing is very impressive, for NES. 

like when that Commodore 64 version of Super Mario Bros came out and the initial reaction is ??? How the fuck ???

Edited by bitchroast
  • Like 1

Well.... I just finished off Bleed 2. GREAT freakin game! Hard difficulty is crazy good. 

I am now moving onto Isbarah. Sucks that it doesn't have controller support, but after playing a bit - I can totally see why. 

Still though - its kind of funny that I played with keyboard/mouse controls for the last 15 or so years, and after a little over a month with a controller it feels pretty strange going back to the keyboard/mouse setup. 

Does anyone know of some other bullet-hell/shmup + platformer mash-up games? I'm really diggin' the combination of genres. 

• Like 1

Sorry - I should have also said that I've played Cuphead and Nowhere Patrol too... I tried to edit my last post, but I was too slow. 

=P

On 5/25/2019 at 12:01 AM, Hk47 said:

Well.... I just finished off Bleed 2. GREAT freakin game! Hard difficulty is crazy good. 

I am now moving onto Isbarah. Sucks that it doesn't have controller support, but after playing a bit - I can totally see why. 

Still though - its kind of funny that I played with keyboard/mouse controls for the last 15 or so years, and after a little over a month with a controller it feels pretty strange going back to the keyboard/mouse setup. 

Does anyone know of some other bullet-hell/shmup + platformer mash-up games? I'm really diggin' the combination of genres. 

The Mummy Demastered is a great Metroidvania, with shooting and a recapture/grinding mechanic.  Nice enemy design as well.

i bought Lego Indiana Jones on Wii specifically because someone released an exploit where you put a downloaded file on an SD card, play Lego Indiana Jones on disc, go up to a fountain and press B or something .. and then the wii for whatever reason reads the files off the SD card, reboots itself and installs custom firmware onto the console,... installs the Homebrew Channel. used to be my way of playing old roms on TV ?

this was a while ago, btw! back when websites were selling modded NES and SNES controllers with gamecube adapters on the end specifically for plugging into the Wii. 

6 minutes ago, bitchroast said:

i bought Lego Indiana Jones on Wii specifically because someone released an exploit where you put a downloaded file on an SD card, play Lego Indiana Jones on disc, go up to a fountain and press B or something .. and then the wii for whatever reason reads the files off the SD card, reboots itself and installs custom firmware onto the console,... installs the Homebrew Channel. used to be my way of playing old roms on TV ?

this was a while ago, btw! back when websites were selling modded NES and SNES controllers with gamecube adapters on the end specifically for plugging into the Wii. 

Oh man that reminds me of me hacking my Wii for hours on end so I can install games on an external hard disk.. Only for my little sister to fuck up the whole thing a few months later with menu shanaenigans while I wasn't home

9 minutes ago, bitchroast said:

That's pretty cool, I don't think I had played it since I last had it on PS2. Never had the knowledge to tinker with wii and xbox 360 stuff either but knew of a few friends who had done it.