IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

3 hours ago, ManjuShri said:

Actually it seems Larian's Baldur's Gate 3 teasings and rumours might be true. Downloading the video and opening up the file in a text editor reveals 

http://larian.com/video/three.mp4

114295234.jpg

oh my GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Just in time too. I beat the first one just a few weeks back. Beat the second one about a year ago.

Edited by Brisbot

Now I just snagged Gato Roboto (the feline version of Metroid) on Steam. I knew about it months ago, but pretty much had forgotten about it until it came out today. I just barely scratched the surface of Void Bastards though. Priorities n' shit.

On 5/30/2019 at 8:41 AM, oscillik said:

Ahhh yeah, so it's not Linux it's UNIX (BSD is classed as proper UNIX). Still a PC though.

But yeah, that's why it's hilarious — it can totally be ported (considerably easily) to PC, but they won't. Because exclusivity. Which is even funnier considering that the margins on console hardware are pretty slim, and they make the money from games sales...

Even more ironically - PS4 dev kits are essentially PCs with custom software (and some hardware I reckon as well). I wonder if anyone's ever tried to port the PS4 OS or SOC to bog standard PC hardware (that matches the PS4)?

On 5/30/2019 at 12:47 AM, whylessness said:

guardian ape's second form is an apparition type, so divine confetti is super effective against it. divine confetti is actually a straight up damage buff against any boss, which is never explained in the item description. combine that with an ako's sugar. gg ez

I know about the divine confetti - makes those assholes with Terror statuses much easier to deal with. Didn't think of using with PooApe.

11 hours ago, ambergonk said:

Now I just snagged Gato Roboto (the feline version of Metroid) on Steam. I knew about it months ago, but pretty much had forgotten about it until it came out today. I just barely scratched the surface of Void Bastards though. Priorities n' shit.

I'm soo tempted to get this for Switch just so I can play it, but kinda want to hold out for PS4

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 11:11 AM, ManjuShri said:

Actually it seems Larian's Baldur's Gate 3 teasings and rumours might be true. Downloading the video and opening up the file in a text editor reveals 

http://larian.com/video/three.mp4

114295234.jpg

=O

• Like 1

Currently playing that old Bungie game "Myth 2: Soulblighter" awesome game.

Also installed my old copy of the sims 1. i haven't played a sims game in like 10 years.

24 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

Currently playing that old Bungie game "Myth 2: Soulblighter" awesome game.

Also installed my old copy of the sims 1. i haven't played a sims game in like 10 years.

Not sure if I'm in the minority, but my favorite "sims" game is still the original Sim City. =/

5 hours ago, StephenG said:

Not sure if I'm in the minority, but my favorite "sims" game is still the original Sim City. =/

Yeah and with the money cheat.

Just building a sprawling urban jungle, watch your city turn into a metropolis and then of course the inevitable disasters... 

11 hours ago, yekker said:

Yeah and with the money cheat.

Just building a sprawling urban jungle, watch your city turn into a metropolis and then of course the inevitable disasters... 

Yeah! I had a ton of fun with that game lol

So I finished Far Cry: New Dawn. Good lord is that story awful. Pretty fun regardless though. My girlfriend and I had a good time just wandering around looting different locations.

7 hours ago, splbt said:

speaking of funcom games. did anyone ever play anarchy online back in the day? those were some good memories

hell yeah

Have any of you played Sundered? It was on sale for like $5 so I grabbed it (even though my current computer most likely can't run it). Any good?

• Like 1

Playing Team Sonic Racing with my nephew, it has a novel mechanic where you race in teams of 3, and slingshot each other to the finish line by passing thru their slipstream.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 6:55 PM, StephenG said:

I feel you. I played Sim 3000 and 2000 as a kid. I've never played the original though I used to watch my uncle play it.

15 hours ago, TubularCorporation said:

85431938_JekylandHydegoodendingWEB.thumb.jpg.ebbc5b2a0c1dd7b3a6cfdb9940f1947a.jpg

Took three tries but I did it.

EDIT: if you recognize this then you have my sincere condolences.

Damn, that looks familiar! I can't put my finger on what game it is though (I know it's a NES game though)

Played a ton of Gato Roboto... this game is sooo good! The jumping mechanic is a bit slippery; it's easy to overshoot a platform.

Currently stuck on the third encounter with a certain creature... I won't spoil it but it's pretty obvious/comical. Damn pattern memorization skills faltering as I get older.

Picked up the new(ish) Yoshi game for switch. The demo was fun enough so I sprung for it. I don't REALLY need another new game but what the heck eh.

11 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Damn, that looks familiar! I can't put my finger on what game it is though (I know it's a NES game though)

Played a ton of Gato Roboto... this game is sooo good! The jumping mechanic is a bit slippery; it's easy to overshoot a platform.

Currently stuck on the third encounter with a certain creature... I won't spoil it but it's pretty obvious/comical. Damn pattern memorization skills faltering as I get older.

is that ghosts and goblins or one of it's sequels or spinoffs maybe? Since it's an end screen, could be a cinematic.