IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

4 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

can't wait for the atari VCS to drop with the sandbox mode. maybe then you can run a better neo-geo aes on that ?

Not at the price they’re asking - you could build a great emulator PC with that kind of money 

On 8/13/2019 at 1:34 PM, Joyrex said:

How to tell which Switch is which (the newer one on the left with better battery life vs the old model):

dl7bhros1gzyestgmbic.jpg

Switches with the expanded battery will have serial numbers that start with “XKW,” and the following model numbers:

HADSKABAA for units with blue/red Joycons.

HADSKAAAA for units with grey Joycons.

or HAC-001(-01)

The model number for older Switches is HAC-001—note the lack of the (-01) suffix, which is only included on models with better battery life.

The new LCD screens run at a warmer color temp, and the Joy Con joysticks have been rejiggered as well.

21 hours ago, ambergonk said:

Ion Fury is dope

I just found out about it and it seems awesome. About time someone makes use of old engines to make a fully fledged game like this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisbot said:

I just found out about it and it seems awesome. About time someone makes use of old engines to make a fully fledged game like this.

Yeah, we had the Build engine trifecta (Duke 3D, Shadow Warrior, and Blood) from 96-97. But now a new generation has emerged, and plays with the smoothness of a modern shooter.

Grab it and play it. You won't regret it.

• Like 1

I beat Super Mario Odyssey. Great game with some occasional frustrations.

Started Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. I was skeptical, but it's pretty cool so far.

8 hours ago, usagi said:

is it really gonna be PS4 only? fucksake.

yup that's the way the news goes with like half the games I want to play these days. Especially since I don't own any consoles. PC master race? More like PC "I don't have access to 2/3rds of the games that I want to play"... race.

16 hours ago, Brisbot said:

yup that's the way the news goes with like half the games I want to play these days. Especially since I don't own any consoles. PC master race? More like PC "I don't have access to 2/3rds of the games that I want to play"... race.

I don't see it that way... almost every game I see these days (outside of the ones made by Sony themselves) are almost always PC/PS4/XBONE - it's really the only way devs can recoup their costs making the games these days...

Yeah as a PC gamer I actually feel overloaded with great games to play... Sure there are a few good looking console exclusives (Bloodborne, im lookin at you) but whatever. 

But what I really came here to say is that No Man's Sky in VR is so good! Bugs and performance issues are still there, but HG has already been rolling out a bunch of patches. If you have a vive, rift, index or psvr, NMS is very much worth jumping (back) into. Come find me!! 

Sony has announced they bought Insomniac Games, maker of the PS4 hit Spiderman game, and the Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter series. They are now PS4 exclusive developers.

Spiderman on the PS4 sold 13.2 million copies!

Edited by Joyrex
Spoderman

Blasphemous just looks like Dead Cells with a different art style. I love Dead Cells and the whole Metroidvania concept but it's getting tired.

19 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

I wonder if Microsoft was sniffing around? 

Blasphemous looks dooooooppppppeee

I think the success of Spiderman is what made them finally pull the trigger - Insomniac was looking at branching out (they did Sunset Overdrive as an Xbone exclusive), and so Sony decided to finally gobble them up.

16 hours ago, usagi said:

Blasphemous just looks like Dead Cells with a different art style. I love Dead Cells and the whole Metroidvania concept but it's getting tired.

Yeah, I can see the comparisons too, but the whole theme is very well done and interesting. I do agree though that metroidvanias are getting a bit oversaturated.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice was great. Cool story and lore, interesting puzzles, fighting was decent, if simple. I didn't think I'd like it, but it kept me really engaged.

Might finally give No Man's Sky a try next.

31 minutes ago, onecaseman said:

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice was great. Cool story and lore, interesting puzzles, fighting was decent, if simple. I didn't think I'd like it, but it kept me really engaged.

I bought this on the strength of the premise and really need to make time to get into it.

On 8/19/2019 at 6:01 PM, Joyrex said:

Sony has announced they bought Insomniac Games, maker of the PS4 hit Spiderman game, and the Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter series. They are now PS4 exclusive developers.

Spiderman on the PS4 sold 13.2 million copies!

But they can't agree to keep Spidey in the MCU, wtf did they not learn their lesson?

IMG_6591.JPG