IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

12 hours ago, oscillik said:

Rage 2 is actually fairly decent so far.

Too bad my machine can't run it, even though it was able to run Far Cry: New Dawn.

I heard it's basically an open-world Doom 2016. Not sure how accurate that sounds though.

1 hour ago, ambergonk said:

Too bad my machine can't run it, even though it was able to run Far Cry: New Dawn.

I heard it's basically an open-world Doom 2016. Not sure how accurate that sounds though.

Nah that's not accurate at all, in my opinion. It's not even running on an id Software game engine (most people assume it's id Tech 6, but it isnt). The gunplay doesn't feel similar, the game mechanics are different, etc.

It does, however, feel like an evolution of what Rage was, but much better. The scenery just looks great, and the skies in particular are rather nice, especially at dusk.

12 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Leak of supposed PS5 Dev Kit:

IMG_6601.JPG

It looks like a damn air conditioner

First off, dev kits for modern consoles are basically PCs or generic boxes at best - secondly, that is the most impractical design for a console, let alone any piece of consumer electronics - look at how much wasted space/plastic there is!

This is likely just some fan with terrible design skills and wishful thinking.

Well, actually in looking at a PS4 dev kit, I dunno anymore - seem Sony has a penchant for overengineered dev kits:

Image result for ps4 dev kit

Here's a PS3 dev kit (more in line with what I'd expect a dev kit to look like:

Image result for ps3 dev kit

Here's a PS2 one - not bad:

Image result for ps2 dev kit

And for completeness, here's a PS1 dev kit:

Image result for ps1 dev kit

• Burger 1

58 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

First off, dev kits for modern consoles are basically PCs or generic boxes at best - secondly, that is the most impractical design for a console, let alone any piece of consumer electronics - look at how much wasted space/plastic there is!

This is likely just some fan with terrible design skills and wishful thinking.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08/21/ps5-devkit-design-seemingly-confirmed-by-game-developer

Finally beat Ion Fury. Solid throwback shooter overall, but the final battle was utter bullshit.

Tempted to hop back onto Mutant Year Zero again already. Haven't tried the new DLC yet.

EDIT: Speaking of Build engine games, Duke 3D Megaton edition beats the shit out of Gearbox's 20th Anniversary edition. How Gearbox managed to worsen the frame rate even at lower resolutions, make the X and Y axis mouse sensitivity awkward and inconsistent, not to mention shoehorn an unnecessary overhaul of Duke's one-liners and thought that would usher in the great homecoming is beyond me. Megaton edition is as smooth as butter in comparison. Thanks Randy Pitchford.

Edited by ambergonk

On 8/23/2019 at 6:20 PM, Rubin Farr said:

It turns out Tetris blocks aren't just called Tetrominos, they originally had names like Rhode Island Z, and Orange Ricky. lol

IMG_6609.PNG

Rubin plz .... https://www.reddit.com/r/quityourbullshit/comments/azagnr/tetris_blocks_do_not_have_names/

i-found-the-original-instruction-booklet

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2019 at 9:07 AM, Joyrex said:

although SNK gets my nod for best hardware (making it a mini arcade unit instead of just a mini NEO·GEO was a stroke of genius, although not perfectly executed).

i gotta hand it to snk; there is definitely no chance there will a shortage of neo geo mini's at this rate. they're releasing a new one every other month

neogeomini-kuroko-special-edition.jpg

16 hours ago, Nebraska said:

i gotta hand it to snk; there is definitely no chance there will a shortage of neo geo mini's at this rate. they're releasing a new one every other month

neogeomini-kuroko-special-edition.jpg

They are getting their money's worth out of the moulds :dadjoke:

I gotta admit - as niche as a Kuroko NEO·GEO Mini is, I like the smoked black plastic look.

16 hours ago, Lewps said:

Played through Deadspace 1, first game I've played in 5 years. What a beautiful and disgusting game

Dead Space is excellent (2 is good, but 1 is still the pinnacle of the series. We won't menton 3). I really wish they'd do a PS4 remastered version like the PC version (4K 60fps horror with better textures. That game is a masterclass in sound design.

Finally completed Rage 2. The game in and of itself is pretty fun to play, especially when you have all the weapons and abilities.

That ending is fucking shite though, just as shite as the first Rage. I guess it's cursed?
DOOM ETERNAL AWAITS…