IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Finally the veil is lifting on the weirdness surrounding what Death Stranding is about:

For those who want to see actual gameplay, here's almost 50 minutes from the Tokyo Game Show:

• Thanks 1

Finished the main story of Control over the weekend...

Great game! I really dug the SCP containment inspired story, and there were many Lynchian/Twin Peaks inspired moments, X-files as well. The story was presented in a really cool way too, with the documents and live-action cutscenes really adding to the lore that slowly kinda unfolds and expands as you progress. The gameplay was fun as well, using the telekenetic powers in combat is a blast.

There was the issue of framerate drops on initial release, but they released an optimization patch and the the remaining  issues seem to mostly be with people playing on base level consoles (which are now like 7 years old so...). I'm playing on a PS Pro, and I haven't had any issues, runs smooth, looks great other than when coming out of the map/menu which is an issue they've said they're working on and it really isn't gamebreaking.

Overall, fun game,  cool presenation and aesthetics, gonna enjoy going through the endgame and doing some of the remaining sidequests.

spacer.png

Edited by ghOsty

^ nice! 

For anyone that misses games like Dragon Age Origins -- Greedfall is worth your time (as long as you can get past the often lollably awful lip synching). I'm about 7 hours in, it's great so far. Leaps and bounds above Spiders' other games. Not for everybody, but particularly if you liked Gothic, or Elex, you'll be right at home. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 10:45 PM, Joyrex said:

Finally the veil is lifting on the weirdness surrounding what Death Stranding is about:

For those who want to see actual gameplay, here's almost 50 minutes from the Tokyo Game Show:

I recommend watching it with Youtube's autogenerated subtitles for that extra touch...

IMG_1164.JPGIMG_1163.JPGIMG_1162.JPGIMG_1161.JPG

• Haha 1

Out of curiosity, anyone playing Borderlands 3? Because I hear it's plagued with technical issues right now. The latest apparently is game saves being deleted on PC because of the Epic Games Store's janky cloud save system.

So yeah. That's why Epic exclusivity is a bad move, Randy. One of several reasons.

On 9/16/2019 at 6:21 PM, ambergonk said:

Out of curiosity, anyone playing Borderlands 3? Because I hear it's plagued with technical issues right now. The latest apparently is game saves being deleted on PC because of the Epic Games Store's janky cloud save system.

So yeah. That's why Epic exclusivity is a bad move, Randy. One of several reasons.

i am, on ps4 though. having a great time with no issues at all. shitty reviews on ps4 metacritic seemed, at least a couple of days ago, completely due to couch coop player issues that made tons of people rate it 0.

On 9/17/2019 at 11:37 AM, yekker said:

Sega made this tower of goodness for their Sega mini. It doesn't do anything but looks cool 

here-it-is-in-all-its-glory.original.jpg

i actually don't mind the genesis mini + sega cd addon, but the rest starts to look silly. i'm still debating whether them for me, the appeal of the minis is having something that's simple and convenient to use to play retro games. the addons just make it clunky and add nothing besides aesthetic. 

On 9/22/2019 at 7:57 AM, Rubin Farr said:

I've read the frame rate is bad and needs a patch.  They might have rushed it to meet the Switch Lite release date.

True, but it is a goddamn amazing remake - the visuals and music alone are worth the price (not to mention it's a damn good Zelda game to boot).

On 9/21/2019 at 4:26 AM, Nebraska said:

i actually don't mind the genesis mini + sega cd addon, but the rest starts to look silly. i'm still debating whether them for me, the appeal of the minis is having something that's simple and convenient to use to play retro games. the addons just make it clunky and add nothing besides aesthetic. 

That's exactly it - why dick around with a Pi and all that comes with it (yeah, sure you get games you don't on these systems unless you mod them), when you can just plug in and play - like the good old days!

I just finished my first playthrough of Prey. At first, the thing that annoyed me about this game was the whole thing of "You have to go and do A. Oh but now you need to do B so you can then do A. And now you also have to go and do C before you can do B, before you can do A".

But I persevered with it, and I'm glad I did. Not only is the game storyline interesting, but I'm also fascinated by how this came to be out of the ashes of Prey 2 (which, by the looks of what it was originally meant to be, also didn't have anything to do with the original Prey from 2006).

1 hour ago, oscillik said:

I just finished my first playthrough of Prey. At first, the thing that annoyed me about this game was the whole thing of "You have to go and do A. Oh but now you need to do B so you can then do A. And now you also have to go and do C before you can do B, before you can do A".

But I persevered with it, and I'm glad I did. Not only is the game storyline interesting, but I'm also fascinated by how this came to be out of the ashes of Prey 2 (which, by the looks of what it was originally meant to be, also didn't have anything to do with the original Prey from 2006).

Prey 2017 is still a decent game overall, although I haven't played the original 2006 one. The Mooncrash DLC is pretty good too, if you haven't already played it.

I just grabbed Brigador: Up-Armored Edition on a Steam sale for 40% off. The isometric UFO: Enemy Unknown style layout looks appealing, plus all the positive ratings were enough to convince me.

2 minutes ago, ambergonk said:

Prey 2017 is still a decent game overall, although I haven't played the original 2006 one. The Mooncrash DLC is pretty good too, if you haven't already played it.

I just grabbed Brigador: Up-Armored Edition on a Steam sale for 40% off. The isometric UFO: Enemy Unknown style layout looks appealing, plus all the positive ratings were enough to convince me.

I got Mooncrash and the other DLC as part of a package, it was on offer on Humble Bundle I think? Definitely well worth the money I spent on it, I reckon there's at least another playthrough or two out of this game.

Brigador was on my radar because Makeup And Vanity Set did the soundtrack for it. I still need to get hold of that one too.

Had to do the same w/ my joy-con when I got the system @ launch, Nintendo were speedy with the repairs and very easy to deal w/.  Not sure if I’ma get the new Zelda remake, having played the original already yrs  (decades?) ago.  Tetris 99 however keeps getting better, they added a winners section for total badasses Tetris Invictus!