IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

arkham knight. it's free in epic store atm. my old pc couldn't keep up with it back in 15, so here we go. it's... a batman game. i like it.

On 9/23/2019 at 12:42 AM, custom knob said:

The wife and I have had a few food laughs playing untitled goose game. It’s fun being a total arsehole

looks quite brilliant from the trailers alright. presentation-wise, too.

3 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Okay, Joy Con drift is getting unbearable - opened a support ticket with Nintendo to get this sucker fixed...

People are complaining about the lite having the same problem... Not good for Nintendo.

19 minutes ago, yekker said:

People are complaining about the lite having the same problem... Not good for Nintendo.

Yeah - I heard the Joy Con is the same type they use in the regular Switch... and worse, you have to send in your whole machine vs just the Joy Con(s)...

On 7/24/2019 at 4:25 PM, Joyrex said:

RE: response time - it depends on how long it took (or is taking) for them to definitively diagnose the issue, and more importantly, find a fix that properly remediates the problem. With a company with a public face like Nintendo, they have to tread very carefully with these things to ensure they get it right the first time (*ahem*, Apple and keyboards) so they don't damage their reputation for quality, and more importantly, satisfy their customers.

I would assume that if they know what the issue is now, the Switch Lite will not suffer the same problem. I didn't know if affected Pro Controllers as well - I thought this was something specific to JoyCons.

It's a good thing Nintendo are treading carefully!

53 minutes ago, oscillik said:

Yeah... really surprised at this - somebody's not got their hand on the wheel in this case.

45 minutes ago, cloud capture said:

I might save up for a ps4 pro for this:

Yes! Amazing looking sequel to an amazing game. Death Stranding is another must-have, and if you don't have a PS4 Pro, consider the limited-edition Death Stranding version:

Image result for Death Stranding Limited edition PS4 Pro

It's er, a bit ugly (IMO), but you'll kill two birds with one stone (Get Death Stranding and a PS4 Pro) - If you're not interested in a bundle, online retailer Rakuten has a PS4 Pro for $314.00 USD with their coupon SAVE15:

https://www.rakuten.com/shop/altatac/product/PS4-3002470/

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, cloud capture said:

thx for the heads up joyrex.  Do you use Rakuten often?  Also I didn't realize the price of the Pro has gone down so much, that's good news.

I've used it quite a bit - granted, I typically find myself ordering from the same retailers through them, and so far no problems. As long as you use PayPal/credit card (not a debit card acting as a credit card) you can protect yourself against fraud, etc. General rule of shopping online.

18 hours ago, oscillik said:

Looks like the Switch Lite may have fixed the Joy Con drift issue after all, according to iFixit's teardown: 

Oculus Connect 6 is going on right now - Stormland and Asgards Wrath both got release dates, turns out Respawn is working on a VR Medal of Honor game, Vader Immortal Ep 2 is suddenly available, and Quest gets PC connectivity. Dunno what news tomorrow will bring. Good times. 

On 6/11/2019 at 5:43 PM, Nebraska said:

atari vcs is now ready for pre-orders despite you won't get it until march 2020

https://atarivcs.com/

turns out- you might not be getting it in march 2020 after all

in the mean time, going through altered beast, which i always wanted as a kid

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

i believe it's the console version. it's the one on the genesis mini

Yes, that's the console version - a serviceable port, with a few compromises (and additions) from the arcade original. A nice video illustrating the differences:

4 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Beat Link's Awakening last night... wonderful remake. Hope GREZZA (the company that did the remake) will be allowed to do a remake of the original or *gasp* Zelda II

This motivated me to get back into BOTW. It's just such a huge game it's intimidating sometime.

Finished another S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: SoC playthrough with the Complete mod. For a game that's more than 12 years old and whose development started as far back as 2001, the atmospherics and detail to real world locale still hold up amazingly well, despite a notoriously buggy game engine. Still stands as one of my all-time faves.

Might hop onto Brigador next. Supposed to be pretty good.

• Like 1

I've been really into puzzle games. Good puzzle games. I prefer first person, but there aren't many of those that aren't garbage and I think I ran out of titles in that genre to play.

Right now I'm playing Recursed. This is a 2d platformer with the ultimate brain-fuck mechanics. I don't want to explain it because part of the fun is jumping into it and learning the mechanics as they come. it's about recursion, it's weird, it's well made.

I Finished.

1. Quern which is in incredible myst-like game. Really good, probably better than obduction IMO.

2. Supraland. This is a reason this game is 10/10 on steam. One of the coolest first person puzzle games I've played. It's a puzzle/metroidvania/FPS game that takes place in a child's sandbox. It's insane. Play it. It rules.

3. Obduction. Really good.

4. The witness. Really good.

5. The Talos Principle (+ road to gehenna). This is a good game and the DLC is even better. I need to replay this soon, it's been a few years and I missed out on the bonus stuff.

6. Anti-Chamber. This game ruled.

7. I've started many zachtronics games. All of them are cool in their own way. TIS-100, opus magnum. Haven't played exapunks yet.

8. portal 2.

9. Quantum condundrum - decent but not the greatest.

10. Myst/Riven

11. Minit (added last minute because I was thinking of outer wilds)

Games I want to finish but haven't:

1. Outer Wilds - This game is basically minit but instead of 60 seconds it's 20 minutes and the fucking sun explodes and you die and start over. And it's insane and chock full of exploration and secrets and I still haven't beat it because you have to be in the right mood to dig into it but it's basically a big open-ended exploration game that has puzzle elements. It's just very cool, I don't want to spoil anything about this game because it's just that amazing and surprising as it unfolds.

On my list to play:

1. Fish fillets 2 -- yeah this game looks super jank but it's supposed to be really fucking good and hard. pc only.

2. stephen's sausage roll --- Only on pc. Seems to stay eternally at $30 so I'll probably wait on this for a while. Heard it's quite good though.

3. Whenever the supraland sequel/dlc comes out I'll play that, probably what I"m most excited about.

4. baba is you. Heard this is really good, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

5. Obra Dinn, I have heard this described as a puzzle? Still want to play it eventually I just haven't gotten around to it. Loved papers please.

6. Manifold garden. Whenever this game comes out I will be all over it. Looks like Antichamber folded into a hypercube level of crazy.

Games I haven't finished because I thought they sucked:

1. Qube - I just, couldn't get into it

2. The Turing Test (got really far in this but the puzzle design is just bad and the puzzles get repetitive and annoying, I can't quite put my finger on it. I'll probably try to finish it because I think I'm near the end it's just a disappointing experience).

• Like 1
  • Burger 1