IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

20 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

They're bringing Brain Age back for the Switch!

Well, well...I haven't played Brain Age since right after I bought my DS Lite back in late 2006. Used to play it on a regular basis then.

And I'm actually considering buying a Switch Lite soon. Might be a good mental workout in the morning on top of my physical ones.

still playing smash bros and mario maker on the switch, i also want to continue my playthrough of persona 5 and my 8th playthrough of the ace attorney franchise. im getting alien isolation for te ps4 and i am going to buy the new pokemon and death stranding when they come out. also considering buying luigis mansion 3 because i loved the second game

EDIT: also playing tf2 and day of defeat: source on the side

EDIT 2: I only play games like twice a week these days

Edited by thumbass

On 9/28/2019 at 10:03 PM, Bubba69 said:

I've been really into puzzle games. Good puzzle games. I prefer first person, but there aren't many of those that aren't garbage and I think I ran out of titles in that genre to play.

Right now I'm playing Recursed. This is a 2d platformer with the ultimate brain-fuck mechanics. I don't want to explain it because part of the fun is jumping into it and learning the mechanics as they come. it's about recursion, it's weird, it's well made.

I Finished.

1. Quern which is in incredible myst-like game. Really good, probably better than obduction IMO.

2. Supraland. This is a reason this game is 10/10 on steam. One of the coolest first person puzzle games I've played. It's a puzzle/metroidvania/FPS game that takes place in a child's sandbox. It's insane. Play it. It rules.

3. Obduction. Really good.

4. The witness. Really good.

5. The Talos Principle (+ road to gehenna). This is a good game and the DLC is even better. I need to replay this soon, it's been a few years and I missed out on the bonus stuff.

6. Anti-Chamber. This game ruled.

7. I've started many zachtronics games. All of them are cool in their own way. TIS-100, opus magnum. Haven't played exapunks yet.

8. portal 2.

9. Quantum condundrum - decent but not the greatest.

10. Myst/Riven

11. Minit (added last minute because I was thinking of outer wilds)

Games I want to finish but haven't:

1. Outer Wilds - This game is basically minit but instead of 60 seconds it's 20 minutes and the fucking sun explodes and you die and start over. And it's insane and chock full of exploration and secrets and I still haven't beat it because you have to be in the right mood to dig into it but it's basically a big open-ended exploration game that has puzzle elements. It's just very cool, I don't want to spoil anything about this game because it's just that amazing and surprising as it unfolds.

On my list to play:

1. Fish fillets 2 -- yeah this game looks super jank but it's supposed to be really fucking good and hard. pc only.

2. stephen's sausage roll --- Only on pc. Seems to stay eternally at $30 so I'll probably wait on this for a while. Heard it's quite good though.

3. Whenever the supraland sequel/dlc comes out I'll play that, probably what I"m most excited about.

4. baba is you. Heard this is really good, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

5. Obra Dinn, I have heard this described as a puzzle? Still want to play it eventually I just haven't gotten around to it. Loved papers please.

6. Manifold garden. Whenever this game comes out I will be all over it. Looks like Antichamber folded into a hypercube level of crazy.

Games I haven't finished because I thought they sucked:

1. Qube - I just, couldn't get into it

2. The Turing Test (got really far in this but the puzzle design is just bad and the puzzles get repetitive and annoying, I can't quite put my finger on it. I'll probably try to finish it because I think I'm near the end it's just a disappointing experience).

❤️ the best genre. Check out Matthew Brown's games if you haven't yet - especially Hexcells Infinite, one of the best numerical logic puzzlers ever (basically a really, really good version of minesweeper). Also worth playing the other two hexcells games (though I'd start with infinite) and CrossCells. But maybe skip Cypher - it's interesting but a little too obtuse to be enjoyable past the first couple puzzle sets imo.

11 hours ago, Boxus said:

❤️ the best genre. Check out Matthew Brown's games if you haven't yet - especially Hexcells Infinite, one of the best numerical logic puzzlers ever (basically a really, really good version of minesweeper). Also worth playing the other two hexcells games (though I'd start with infinite) and CrossCells. But maybe skip Cypher - it's interesting but a little too obtuse to be enjoyable past the first couple puzzle sets imo.

oh yes I've totally played hexcells infiinte I just forgot about it. Hmm, crosscells, I am not sure I've played that.

13 hours ago, dr lopez said:

apparently fifa 20 is a pile of unfinished shit. hay

That's the universal AAA game industry standard these days.

4 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

doom 2, when??

If you mean Eternal, then Nov. 23rd if I'm not mistaken.

9 hours ago, custom knob said:

PES 4 lyfe

w/e PES people usually have a bevy of other character flaws, use android, think their conspicuous consumption of "simply better" products give them a personality etc 

Playstation 5 scheduled to be out for Christmas 2020, to feature haptic feedback instead of rumble on controllers, and programmable triggers (developers can program in resistance into each trigger). Ray tracing done by GPU.

3 hours ago, oscillik said:

DOOM Eternal is delayed ?

i5vkp78xvbr31.png?width=768&auto=webp&s=4eff09aa627df0cf81598618f35a9284fcb428c8

But at least those of us who pre-order will get the first official PC release of DOOM 64

At least it's living up to it's name! :dadjoke:

On 9/24/2019 at 10:31 PM, cloud capture said:

thx for the heads up joyrex.  Do you use Rakuten often?  Also I didn't realize the price of the Pro has gone down so much, that's good news.

was on the fence about getting a pro but mostly played on pc lately. hard to justify jumping on a pro one year before ps5 when, by all accounts, it's going to be backwards compatible and have the same resolution/fps boosting power as a pro.

3 hours ago, juiceciuj said:

was on the fence about getting a pro but mostly played on pc lately. hard to justify jumping on a pro one year before ps5 when, by all accounts, it's going to be backwards compatible and have the same resolution/fps boosting power as a pro.

Yeah, I sort of regret getting my Pro in March this year, but at least I will be able to play games at higher quality until the PS5 hits.

I agree, the ps5 announcement has changed my mind about getting the pro.  And I'll also probably wait and just play TLOU2 on the ps5.  For now I'm setting my sights back on getting a switch for now.  Hoping to find a good sale closer to the holidays.

Played a few Apple Arcade games with the free trial. Mini Motorways is great, it's just more Mini Metro which I loved. Skate City and Chu Chu Rocket Universe also good. 

And then I downloaded FTL and have been buried in it for the first time since it came out on IOS. 

1 hour ago, cloud capture said:

I agree, the ps5 announcement has changed my mind about getting the pro.  And I'll also probably wait and just play TLOU2 on the ps5.  For now I'm setting my sights back on getting a switch for now.  Hoping to find a good sale closer to the holidays.

If you envision yourself using the Switch in portable mode more than sitting hooked to a TV, you might consider a Switch Lite and save yourself some $$...