Joyrex

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Blasphemous is out on PS4 tomorrow!

Here's a review by IGN:

Still playing persona 5 and some mario maker switch on the side. Also into day of defeat source on pc rn.

Children of Morta, lovely little roguelike action game, has a cute little story too. Highly rec.

on android:

• Like 1

Picked up Blasphemous and Resident Evil 7 on PSN sale yesterday... hopefully I can find time to play them!

Team Fortress 2

• Like 1

Finally the veil is lifting on the weirdness surrounding what Death Stranding is about:

For those who want to see actual gameplay, here's almost 50 minutes from the Tokyo Game Show:

• Thanks 1

Finished the main story of Control over the weekend...

Great game! I really dug the SCP containment inspired story, and there were many Lynchian/Twin Peaks inspired moments, X-files as well. The story was presented in a really cool way too, with the documents and live-action cutscenes really adding to the lore that slowly kinda unfolds and expands as you progress. The gameplay was fun as well, using the telekenetic powers in combat is a blast.

There was the issue of framerate drops on initial release, but they released an optimization patch and the the remaining  issues seem to mostly be with people playing on base level consoles (which are now like 7 years old so...). I'm playing on a PS Pro, and I haven't had any issues, runs smooth, looks great other than when coming out of the map/menu which is an issue they've said they're working on and it really isn't gamebreaking.

Overall, fun game,  cool presenation and aesthetics, gonna enjoy going through the endgame and doing some of the remaining sidequests.

spacer.png

Edited by ghOsty

If we can't have a HL3, then at least we can have a

Edited by ambergonk

^ nice! 

For anyone that misses games like Dragon Age Origins -- Greedfall is worth your time (as long as you can get past the often lollably awful lip synching). I'm about 7 hours in, it's great so far. Leaps and bounds above Spiders' other games. Not for everybody, but particularly if you liked Gothic, or Elex, you'll be right at home. 

• Like 1

The Twitch deal for a free year of Switch Online expires 9/27 for anyone with an Amazon Prime acct:

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44120/~/twitch-prime-–-how-to-claim-the-nintendo-switch-online-membership-offer

On 9/12/2019 at 10:45 PM, Joyrex said:

Finally the veil is lifting on the weirdness surrounding what Death Stranding is about:

For those who want to see actual gameplay, here's almost 50 minutes from the Tokyo Game Show:

I recommend watching it with Youtube's autogenerated subtitles for that extra touch...

IMG_1164.JPGIMG_1163.JPGIMG_1162.JPGIMG_1161.JPG

• Haha 1

Out of curiosity, anyone playing Borderlands 3? Because I hear it's plagued with technical issues right now. The latest apparently is game saves being deleted on PC because of the Epic Games Store's janky cloud save system.

So yeah. That's why Epic exclusivity is a bad move, Randy. One of several reasons.

Blasphemous is great - got to play a bunch this past weekend, and it's a really well-designed game, and the religious iconography is very interesting.

Sega made this tower of goodness for their Sega mini. It doesn't do anything but looks cool 

here-it-is-in-all-its-glory.original.jpg

On 9/16/2019 at 6:21 PM, ambergonk said:

Out of curiosity, anyone playing Borderlands 3? Because I hear it's plagued with technical issues right now. The latest apparently is game saves being deleted on PC because of the Epic Games Store's janky cloud save system.

So yeah. That's why Epic exclusivity is a bad move, Randy. One of several reasons.

i am, on ps4 though. having a great time with no issues at all. shitty reviews on ps4 metacritic seemed, at least a couple of days ago, completely due to couch coop player issues that made tons of people rate it 0.

Daemon X Machina is really cool and has a great cel shaded look for anyone into mechs or Gundam.