IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

On 11/29/2019 at 8:40 AM, luke viia said:

played through Rage 2 this week, good high-octane nonsense, very much could have been a mad max re-skin. Luckily I'm a huge mad max fan. Short campaign, pretty repetitive outside of that, but it doesn't overstay its welcome like so many open world games lately

anybody here played Disco Elysium? 

I bought Rage 2 and attempted to install it back in May, but had to get it refunded because my PC couldn't run it. Which is odd considering Doom 2016 runs fine. 

My cousin recommended Disco Elysium, but I haven't tried it yet. From what I've seen it looks like the second-gen Shadowrun games. But I still have a back log of like 5 games I haven't yet played that I purchased from Steam sales lol

No Man's Sky just got another big update. Main thing is that you can upgrade Starships now, as well as scrap them for resources. And first-person view mode as been added to Exocraft driving/piloting. Plus local star system economy stats have been added to items when buying or selling, which is nice.

Edited by ambergonk
Omission of redundancy

3 hours ago, ambergonk said:

Which is odd considering Doom 2016 runs fine. 

It’s not the same engine, Rage 2 wasn’t even developed by id Software either (I know, marketing doesn’t make that too clear)

9 hours ago, oscillik said:

It’s not the same engine, Rage 2 wasn’t even developed by id Software either (I know, marketing doesn’t make that too clear)

Yeah it was Avalanche who developed it. For some reason I thought Rage 2 also ran on Id Tech 6, but I guess that's not the case.

5 hours ago, ambergonk said:

Yeah it was Avalanche who developed it. For some reason I thought Rage 2 also ran on Id Tech 6, but I guess that's not the case.

Yeah it’s a bit of a weird one, same with Quake Champions which also does not run on id Tech at all. 

I loved Mad Max on the ps4, would I like Rage 2? I’m tempted to get either that, Days Gone or maybe just good old Battlefield. As far as I’m aware there hasnt been a decent RPG in awhile. 

16 hours ago, tec said:

I loved Mad Max on the ps4, would I like Rage 2? I’m tempted to get either that, Days Gone or maybe just good old Battlefield. As far as I’m aware there hasnt been a decent RPG in awhile. 

if you haven,t already,you should check out the outer worlds, its a great fallout style rpg,i,m playing a lot of death stranding at the mo,weird ,gorgeous and idm as hell

45 minutes ago, oscillik said:

Weapons are mostly useless in the game

And for the better rly. Game's all about about surviving with limited resources / against the odds innit.

(Akin more to Alien than Aliens)

Edited by jaderpansen

Beat A Plague Tale: Innocence. Pretty good game. A little wonky controls on a couple things toward the end. Mixes a lot of different elements of different games to feel unique.

I think I'm going to start playing Control next, which I bought on Black Friday.

2 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

And for the better rly. Game's all about about surviving with limited resources / against the odds innit.

(Akin more to Alien than Aliens)

I asked bc the gyro aiming only works with an item in hand I think, and I haven't gotten very far yet.

39 minutes ago, oscillik said:

lol

I watched the GDC Stadia presentation again today while working and damn... I know most tech presentations always promise too much, but it's extra hilarious when it's Google and Phil Harrison.

Kindof ticked that I sold my Vive not long ago, then Half Life VR gets announced. They need to do two obvious things though: 1 make it wireless, 2 increase resolution. First person games were meant for this platform, it just needs to evolve a bit more.

Other then that I beat Sekiro so I've moved on to Nioh. Also playing Original Sin 2 coop every once in a while.

Been hooked on the new Modern Warfare online these past few weeks. I honestly haven't enjoyed a CoD this much since CoD4 (for the record this is still inferior)

Also bought GTA V for PS4 yesterday. Even though I had it on the PS3 and completed it when it came out, I still feel I kinda neglected it. Usually I sink days into just fucking around on those games but I don't have much recollection of doing so on this one, so I'm just making up for lost time.

Not particularly hyped for anything else in the near future. HL Alyx would be cool but I don't have VR, nor a capable rig. Psychonauts 2 should be sweet but who knows when that's dropping, and I'm kinda worried the Microshaft acquisition is gonna flatten Double Fine eventually. 

• Like 1