IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

HL Alyx does look cool. But I'd need an expensive VR set, plus very likely a whole new PC just to be able to play it. So I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble.

Still deeply immersed in No Man's Sky at the moment. Just now completed the base-building quests, and only recently learned the art of rapid profiteering. Still need to get to the Euclid galactic core. But I like what's been done with the latest Synthesis update, especially the Personal Refiner. Pretty much makes the Portable one obsolete, as you can refine materials literally anywhere now.

On 12/6/2019 at 1:57 PM, Nebraska said:

220px-Space_Harrier_2_cover.png

finally got some time to play some genesis last night. loving this one so hard.

That was my second Genesis game I got... classic.

20 hours ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

Been hooked on the new Modern Warfare online these past few weeks. I honestly haven't enjoyed a CoD this much since CoD4 (for the record this is still inferior)

I'm in the same boat, enjoying it very much. Some of the best maps in any COD for a long time. 

recently played through Wolfenstein: The New Order. Didn't expect to like it that much but it was pretty dang awesome, first half especially. Switched over to Far Cry 5, there's so goddamn much to do in this game, kinda overwhelming... classic Ubisoft eh. My only other experience with FC was 3, I don't think I even got halfway through that one. The setting of 5 is what enticed me, I love the parallels with the Rajneesh compound in Oregon. I'm also just a sucker for evil Christian baddies. 

also, BONEWORKS. Fuck yeah. Truly awesome when the physics are working well, and truly frustrating when I get my hand stuck in a drawer. Just like real life. 

THEC64_3D_Box_rating_pending.0.png

anyone got this system? was thinking about getting it but i never played the original c64 and have read most are extremely difficult. also, was expecting a mini but this is full size (right?)

9 hours ago, luke viia said:

recently played through Wolfenstein: The New Order. Didn't expect to like it that much but it was pretty dang awesome, first half especially. Switched over to Far Cry 5, there's so goddamn much to do in this game, kinda overwhelming... classic Ubisoft eh. My only other experience with FC was 3, I don't think I even got halfway through that one. The setting of 5 is what enticed me, I love the parallels with the Rajneesh compound in Oregon. I'm also just a sucker for evil Christian baddies. 

also, BONEWORKS. Fuck yeah. Truly awesome when the physics are working well, and truly frustrating when I get my hand stuck in a drawer. Just like real life. 

Wolfenstein: TNO is awesome. I remember more than two years ago being hyped for The New Colossus since at the time it was partly intended as a middle finger to the alt-right and their rise to prominence. But after playing the game itself I felt like it was a mixed bag. It just didn't have the consistency and context that its predecessor did. Also I heard Viktor Antonov (who worked on HL2) was involved for the level design throughout The New Order.

Far Cry 5 certainly had some fun moments. I particularly enjoyed flying around in a heli...could pilot a chopper way better than I ever could a plane lol. I'm not sure whether I'd play New Dawn again tho.

7 hours ago, Squee said:

Xbox_Series_X.0.jpg

Haha, holy shit that looks cool.

It's basically a PC tower, eh?

The name-calling has already begun (in Japan at least) due to how it's pronounced: https://kotaku.com/the-xbox-series-x-has-nicknames-like-sex-and-butt-x-1840409429

But if I am being honest, I prefer the way this looks over what the PS5 may look like (the bonkers renderings we previously saw are what the dev kits actually look like):

Image result for ps5 dev kit

I mean holy crap is that a backwards early '00 design or what? Making it look like a roman numeral 5 is something a first-year design student would do...

24 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

It's basically a PC tower, eh?

The name-calling has already begun (in Japan at least) due to how it's pronounced: https://kotaku.com/the-xbox-series-x-has-nicknames-like-sex-and-butt-x-1840409429

But if I am being honest, I prefer the way this looks over what the PS5 may look like (the bonkers renderings we previously saw are what the dev kits actually look like):

Image result for ps5 dev kit

I mean holy crap is that a backwards early '00 design or what? Making it look like a roman numeral 5 is something a first-year design student would do...

I imagine the design is purely functional, to maximize cooling or something? I read a few articles that suggested that wouldn't be the final design it was just for the devs.

32 minutes ago, Enthusiast said:

I like the simple design of the xbox. Looks like you could sit on it and play games while warming your butt.

LOL, it looks like a square hibachi

Put some yakitori on that bitch

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1

This is basically what Valve are trying to achieve with HL: Alyx. I'd most likely need a new PC plus a VR headset to delve into both though. It's tempting but also counter-productive.

The first Postal was... unique but was the lesser of anarchistic games of ‘97. Like a mentally handicapped little brother to GTA and Carmageddon. 

Postal 2 went full retard.