IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

5 hours ago, Nebraska said:

Respawn LOL

On 12/13/2019 at 6:05 PM, ncrtx said:

Any Dragon Quest on any platform. Not as fun as I hoped.

Fixed that for ya - As much as I initially like the DQ games, I end up getting bored with them about 3/4s of the way through.

6 hours ago, luke viia said:

well this was unexpected... part of the newest No Mans Sky update:

Aww man you beat me to it!

This makes me love this game even more. Of course the Synthesis update wouldn't be complete without an in-game DAW, amarite??

• Like 1

man i just can't get into NMS long term cause base building seems to require so much effort. have basically explored and done missions for 50h until the lack of variety got to me. am happy for the people enjoying the constant building updates though

On 12/17/2019 at 11:38 AM, splbt said:

man i just can't get into NMS long term cause base building seems to require so much effort. have basically explored and done missions for 50h until the lack of variety got to me. am happy for the people enjoying the constant building updates though

I know I've been fanboying over NMS heavily these last few months, but I'm at a crucial point in the main quest line now. Yes it does get repetitive a while. But I'm eager to see it through. Plus I haven't tried ByteBeat yet, which is a completely new thing. Idk if other games have included an in-game DAW like this before as a side option.

3 hours ago, cloud capture said:

a new season started in Path Of Exile and I am once again hooked.  I love this game.  I have so many unfinished AAA games on console to finish, and all I can play is this shitty 7yr old arpg.

Who cares how old a game is? You'd be surprised how many new vids pop up all over YouTube on older games these days. All that matters is the enjoyment factor when it comes down to it.

• Thanks 1

I agree, my time for gaming has become a precious commodity so I can't help but play what gives me that enjoyment.  I rarely buy a new game, maybe once a year.  But I think I'm going to give that up entirely for a while.  Play my few main games that I love, and hopefully finish a couple of the big single player titles I have always wanted to finish.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2019 at 6:00 PM, ManjuShri said:

I quite literally bought this last night off gog due to the sale.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 2:00 AM, ManjuShri said:

Oh my god. I had this game when I was a kid and I loved it. Then I borrowed it to some idiot who never gave it back. Since then I've been wanting to play it. ❤️

• Like 1

The Epic Game Store is giving away free games each day during their winter sales. 
Fortnite really must be an enormous cash-cow. 
How else would they be able to afford this?

I collected over 50 free games from the Epic store over the last year...
And most of them range from ok to great. 
That's just crazy imo. 

• Like 1

Played through the Blade Runner game yesterday. Was a very nice *gaming experience*.  Really glad after over 20 years to finally finish the game. I think it's still a very cool game that hasn't aged too badly. Only the characters sometimes look really blocky up close, but meh. 

tenouttaten

• Like 1

Aye, it's one of the best adventure games out there, especially in terms of choices and consequences; in addition to 

who's a replicant or not

being decided at random when you start the game adding to replay value.

Edited by ManjuShri
  • Like 1

been going over which "chill indie game" to buy (on ps4, preferably) for a while now. so LF help. in no particular order i'm considering the following:

1) terraria: seems a bit time-consuming and too sandboxy (this is the reason i'm not considering stardew valley), but who knows
2) enter then gungeon: never on sale as it seems, which makes it equally expensive/cheap to bloodborne, which i might then just as well buy, and i dont feel like buying both right now. don't want to spend that much time gaming and i'd rather not extend some sort of backlog
3) children of morta: feeling lukewarm about this, but it's new and i guess it might be fun
4) moonlight: as above
5) some point n click stuff that works (well) on a macbook air like obra dinn or into the breach, but again i'd rather use the ps4

man this is hard... any recommendations? i'd prefer stuff with randomly generated levels and well-made gameplay over, say, story, as it maintains replayability

might just end up getting BB... had a great time with ds3. but it's obviously far from what i initially intended

8 hours ago, luke viia said:

ummm so Void Bastards is awesome.

looking at this based on your comment, it looks really good! I think I'll play this next after BL3

edit: kind of sad I'm reading it's only 16ish hours completionist, but still going to play it! ?

Edited by StephenG

6 hours ago, luke viia said:

Have you played Dead Cells? 

I played it briefly with Sweepstakes a month ago. It's pretty fun but I kinda suck at it

5 hours ago, StephenG said:

looking at this based on your comment, it looks really good! I think I'll play this next after BL3

edit: kind of sad I'm reading it's only 16ish hours completionist, but still going to play it! ?

Void Bastards IS awesome. Play it.

EDiT: Just finished the early access of Wrath: Aeon of Ruin. Pretty sure it got more difficult since the latest patch.

Edited by ambergonk
  • Like 2

Super Mario Maker 2 is all i play and have played this year other than Breath Of The Wild.

been working  on my S rank in vs mode and chasing the leaderboards on endless.

it's the best game ever while also being the worst game ever. i truly love it.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2019 at 8:32 PM, splbt said:

I havent but ive read good things. Didnt know it had level generation til now though. Would you rec it?

big time, if you like roguelikes and sidescrollers. It's a blast to play in short bursts (Void Bastards scratches that same itch). Dunno if you ever played Rogue Legacy, but it's comparable to that. 

Another chill indie game I played recently was The Messenger. Good oldschool platformer with a sense of humor. Haven't beat it, it's hard as nails at some points, but has that satisfying "one more try" loop going for it. 

And @ambergonk, it was definitely your posts itt that directed me to Void Bastards - thanks for that =]

Edited by luke viia
  • Like 1