Joyrex

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

3 hours ago, ambergonk said:

Which is odd considering Doom 2016 runs fine. 

It’s not the same engine, Rage 2 wasn’t even developed by id Software either (I know, marketing doesn’t make that too clear)

9 hours ago, oscillik said:

It’s not the same engine, Rage 2 wasn’t even developed by id Software either (I know, marketing doesn’t make that too clear)

Yeah it was Avalanche who developed it. For some reason I thought Rage 2 also ran on Id Tech 6, but I guess that's not the case.

5 hours ago, ambergonk said:

Yeah it was Avalanche who developed it. For some reason I thought Rage 2 also ran on Id Tech 6, but I guess that's not the case.

Yeah it’s a bit of a weird one, same with Quake Champions which also does not run on id Tech at all. 

I have put it off for long enough and today I am proud to announce that I have ordered all the bits for a Mister FPGA system. 

I loved Mad Max on the ps4, would I like Rage 2? I’m tempted to get either that, Days Gone or maybe just good old Battlefield. As far as I’m aware there hasnt been a decent RPG in awhile. 

Anyone playing SW Jedi Fallen Order?  It seems cool, like an updated Jedi Knight, or Force Unleashed.

16 hours ago, tec said:

I loved Mad Max on the ps4, would I like Rage 2? I’m tempted to get either that, Days Gone or maybe just good old Battlefield. As far as I’m aware there hasnt been a decent RPG in awhile. 

if you haven,t already,you should check out the outer worlds, its a great fallout style rpg,i,m playing a lot of death stranding at the mo,weird ,gorgeous and idm as hell

Just started Alien Isolation, how long does it take to find your first weapon/melee item?

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

Just started Alien Isolation, how long does it take to find your first weapon/melee item?

Weapons are mostly useless in the game

45 minutes ago, oscillik said:

Weapons are mostly useless in the game

And for the better rly. Game's all about about surviving with limited resources / against the odds innit.

(Akin more to Alien than Aliens)

Edited by jaderpansen

Just finished The Plutonia Experiment via Brutal Doom - certainly was a tough one and things got .... messy !

ELC0QdyX0AA9rS0.jpg

Beat A Plague Tale: Innocence. Pretty good game. A little wonky controls on a couple things toward the end. Mixes a lot of different elements of different games to feel unique.

I think I'm going to start playing Control next, which I bought on Black Friday.

7 minutes ago, onecaseman said:

I think I'm going to start playing Control next, which I bought on Black Friday

So fucking good!

You can play as Geralt The Witcher in Daemon X Machina on Switch, weird.

IMG_9786.JPG

2 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

And for the better rly. Game's all about about surviving with limited resources / against the odds innit.

(Akin more to Alien than Aliens)

I asked bc the gyro aiming only works with an item in hand I think, and I haven't gotten very far yet.

jfc, it's such a shitshow

39 minutes ago, oscillik said:

lol

I watched the GDC Stadia presentation again today while working and damn... I know most tech presentations always promise too much, but it's extra hilarious when it's Google and Phil Harrison.

Kindof ticked that I sold my Vive not long ago, then Half Life VR gets announced. They need to do two obvious things though: 1 make it wireless, 2 increase resolution. First person games were meant for this platform, it just needs to evolve a bit more.

Other then that I beat Sekiro so I've moved on to Nioh. Also playing Original Sin 2 coop every once in a while.

220px-Space_Harrier_2_cover.png

finally got some time to play some genesis last night. loving this one so hard.

• Like 2

Baba is You is VERY good. A must-play for puzzle game fans. Some of the most creative problem solving I've ever done in a game.

• Like 1

Been hooked on the new Modern Warfare online these past few weeks. I honestly haven't enjoyed a CoD this much since CoD4 (for the record this is still inferior)

Also bought GTA V for PS4 yesterday. Even though I had it on the PS3 and completed it when it came out, I still feel I kinda neglected it. Usually I sink days into just fucking around on those games but I don't have much recollection of doing so on this one, so I'm just making up for lost time.

Not particularly hyped for anything else in the near future. HL Alyx would be cool but I don't have VR, nor a capable rig. Psychonauts 2 should be sweet but who knows when that's dropping, and I'm kinda worried the Microshaft acquisition is gonna flatten Double Fine eventually. 

• Like 1

HL Alyx does look cool. But I'd need an expensive VR set, plus very likely a whole new PC just to be able to play it. So I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble.

Still deeply immersed in No Man's Sky at the moment. Just now completed the base-building quests, and only recently learned the art of rapid profiteering. Still need to get to the Euclid galactic core. But I like what's been done with the latest Synthesis update, especially the Personal Refiner. Pretty much makes the Portable one obsolete, as you can refine materials literally anywhere now.