IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Just now, sweepstakes said:

Oh I thought you could just wrap up one region at a time. Maybe there's some flashlight thingie somewhere I can use to help me find my way around the cave.

Once you're done in the North I mean. You can do it in any order you want. But I just learned that it's easier to start in the East and work your way counter-clockwise by region.

28 minutes ago, Braintree said:

The majority of my Steam games won't work with my new computer because it can't play 32-bit games :catrage:

huh? That seems really odd... What about your new computer won't play 32 bit games? With a 64 bit OS you should be able to play all 32 bit games, just not 16 bit.. What OS are you using?

Shitty buzz man ?

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

5 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

huh? That seems really odd... What about your new computer won't play 32 bit games? With a 64 bit OS you should be able to play all 32 bit games, just not 16 bit.. What OS are you using?

Shitty buzz man ?

It's Catalina.

n6NCn34.png

6 minutes ago, Braintree said:

It's Catalina.

n6NCn34.png

Hmm... Ok, I don't have much/any experience with macOS... But from what I'm reading, yeah, you're screwed if you have Catalina 10.15. 32 bit won't run.

Do you have much experience with Parallels? I think you can install multiple OS. Or you can partition a drive using APFS, install Mojave, and dual boot...? =(

I think there's definitely a couple workarounds that can make it possible. Sorry I'm not more help, that sucks to lose a bunch of your library.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

I can still play them on an older computer, but it's not going to be around forever. I'm sure they'll wrap the games in something else that can be read in the future.

6 hours ago, Squee said:

Damn. Sounds like they went a similar fate that Mundfish did with Atomic Heart last year. TBH tho I wasn't fond of the SS3 SHODAN look anyway...too human-like.

At least Nightdive are still plugging along with their reboot of the original.

Many  (if not most) AAA game development studios that have defined AAA gaming the past 10+ years have had some major controversy in the past 1-3 years and have been falling from grace one after the other after pulling some BS that betrays it's fanbase. And it keeps happening, every few months it seems.

You'd think they'd have enough examples of what not to do at this point, but they all keep doing it, and everytime they're called out they just shovel generic and robotic PR talk to their customer base that just angers or annoys them more.

Seriously, it's absurd how many Game Dev companies have screwed up big time in the past few years.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Brisbot said:

Many  (if not most) AAA game development studios that have defined AAA gaming the past 10+ years have had some major controversy in the past 1-3 years and have been falling from grace one after the other after pulling some BS that betrays it's fanbase. And it keeps happening, every few months it seems.

You'd think they'd have enough examples of what not to do at this point, but they all keep doing it, and everytime they're called out they just shovel generic and robotic PR talk to their customer base that just angers or annoys them more.

Seriously, it's absurd how many Game Dev companies have screwed up big time in the past few years.

And the worst of it is that a large proportion of the gamers are encouring this shit with death threats because a game is late, or something equally pathetic.

9 hours ago, Brisbot said:

Which is why indie devs have been filling the PR vacuum the last few years. I still have faith in Id Software with Doom Eternal around the corner though, even if they're still beholden to Bethesda the publisher. And I'm cautiously optimistic about Valve with HL: Alyx, even tho I don't have a VR set. They've made Steam a pretty robust service over the last two decades tho.

Seems like smaller dev teams are are tighter-knit, more manageable, and personable, which is why indies are so successful these days.

• Like 1

Downloaded a game for switch called crazy zen mini golf because it was in some kind of top list on the nintendo eshop and it was 2 bucks. what a broken fucking piece of shit game. i've played better free android games on my phone. ?

f4235ed3b0921890127347e3ef1e4c97c24f6ca8665b69f5dc3b3a283663f004.jpg

Edited by yekker
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, yekker said:

Downloaded a game for switch called crazy zen mini golf because it was in some kind of top list on the nintendo eshop and it was 2 bucks. what a broken fucking piece of shit game. i've played better free android games on my phone. ?

f4235ed3b0921890127347e3ef1e4c97c24f6ca8665b69f5dc3b3a283663f004.jpg

So it was top due to price, not quality :dadjoke:

11 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Maybe it’s just too deep and technical for you to enjoy it... ?

I THINK they were going for an IDM aesthetic, with all the glitches and stuttering... :cisfor:

• Like 2