Jump to content
Joyrex

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Recommended Posts

On 1/31/2020 at 3:01 PM, ManjuShri said:

New Sseth. Surprised I hadn't heard of this twin stick roguelike before; looks real neat.

 

never heard of sseth but I own this game and I think it's quite good. There were some problems for a while, I had some bugs esp in the multiplayer. I might have to play it again soon.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bubba69 said:

never heard of sseth but I own this game and I think it's quite good. There were some problems for a while, I had some bugs esp in the multiplayer. I might have to play it again soon.

I've been playing it for just under a week, so I'm still new to it. But I'm having a blast. The Flow Fire devs just updated it with a patch, so I'm guessing whatever bugs it had before got sanded out.

What's your favorite class? I've gotten most adept as Breacher and Raider.

Edited by ambergonk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally beat my first boss (North) in Hyper Light Drifter, lol. Now trying to figure out how not to get smashed to bits in the dark spider cave.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally tried You Have to Win the Game this weekend and it was pretty fun.  Not super hard but hard enough, took almost three and a half hours to beat it and I was only at 97% so there's still a bit left to figure out. Looks great as soon as you turn of the fake CRT stuff.

I'm also perpetually behind on anything gaming related so I've only finally gotten around to playing Dark Souls and Cuphead, which are also a lot of fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:

Finally beat my first boss (North) in Hyper Light Drifter, lol. Now trying to figure out how not to get smashed to bits in the dark spider cave.

Oh yeah, the Hierophant. I'd head East next, but that's just me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ambergonk said:

Oh yeah, the Hierophant. I'd head East next, but that's just me.

Oh I thought you could just wrap up one region at a time. Maybe there's some flashlight thingie somewhere I can use to help me find my way around the cave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sweepstakes said:

Oh I thought you could just wrap up one region at a time. Maybe there's some flashlight thingie somewhere I can use to help me find my way around the cave.

Once you're done in the North I mean. You can do it in any order you want. But I just learned that it's easier to start in the East and work your way counter-clockwise by region.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

awe =(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The majority of my Steam games won't work with my new computer because it can't play 32-bit games :catrage:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Braintree said:

The majority of my Steam games won't work with my new computer because it can't play 32-bit games :catrage:

huh? That seems really odd... What about your new computer won't play 32 bit games? With a 64 bit OS you should be able to play all 32 bit games, just not 16 bit.. What OS are you using?

Shitty buzz man 😞

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

huh? That seems really odd... What about your new computer won't play 32 bit games? With a 64 bit OS you should be able to play all 32 bit games, just not 16 bit.. What OS are you using?

Shitty buzz man 😞

It's Catalina.

n6NCn34.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Braintree said:

It's Catalina.

n6NCn34.png

Hmm... Ok, I don't have much/any experience with macOS... But from what I'm reading, yeah, you're screwed if you have Catalina 10.15. 32 bit won't run.

Do you have much experience with Parallels? I think you can install multiple OS. Or you can partition a drive using APFS, install Mojave, and dual boot...? =(

I think there's definitely a couple workarounds that can make it possible. Sorry I'm not more help, that sucks to lose a bunch of your library.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can still play them on an older computer, but it's not going to be around forever. I'm sure they'll wrap the games in something else that can be read in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Squee said:

Damn. Sounds like they went a similar fate that Mundfish did with Atomic Heart last year. TBH tho I wasn't fond of the SS3 SHODAN look anyway...too human-like.

At least Nightdive are still plugging along with their reboot of the original.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many  (if not most) AAA game development studios that have defined AAA gaming the past 10+ years have had some major controversy in the past 1-3 years and have been falling from grace one after the other after pulling some BS that betrays it's fanbase. And it keeps happening, every few months it seems.

You'd think they'd have enough examples of what not to do at this point, but they all keep doing it, and everytime they're called out they just shovel generic and robotic PR talk to their customer base that just angers or annoys them more.

Seriously, it's absurd how many Game Dev companies have screwed up big time in the past few years.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brisbot said:

Many  (if not most) AAA game development studios that have defined AAA gaming the past 10+ years have had some major controversy in the past 1-3 years and have been falling from grace one after the other after pulling some BS that betrays it's fanbase. And it keeps happening, every few months it seems.

You'd think they'd have enough examples of what not to do at this point, but they all keep doing it, and everytime they're called out they just shovel generic and robotic PR talk to their customer base that just angers or annoys them more.

Seriously, it's absurd how many Game Dev companies have screwed up big time in the past few years.

And the worst of it is that a large proportion of the gamers are encouring this shit with death threats because a game is late, or something equally pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sony's quarterly report has revealed they paid 229 Million USD for Insomniac Games...

I suspect we're going to see some new IP from them for the PS5 later this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Already? Spider-Man came out in 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Brisbot said:

Many  (if not most) AAA game development studios that have defined AAA gaming the past 10+ years have had some major controversy in the past 1-3 years and have been falling from grace one after the other after pulling some BS that betrays it's fanbase. And it keeps happening, every few months it seems.

You'd think they'd have enough examples of what not to do at this point, but they all keep doing it, and everytime they're called out they just shovel generic and robotic PR talk to their customer base that just angers or annoys them more.

Seriously, it's absurd how many Game Dev companies have screwed up big time in the past few years.

Which is why indie devs have been filling the PR vacuum the last few years. I still have faith in Id Software with Doom Eternal around the corner though, even if they're still beholden to Bethesda the publisher. And I'm cautiously optimistic about Valve with HL: Alyx, even tho I don't have a VR set. They've made Steam a pretty robust service over the last two decades tho.

Seems like smaller dev teams are are tighter-knit, more manageable, and personable, which is why indies are so successful these days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the nephews has shown a keen interest in Breath of the Wild, so we bought it for him and his brothers, having a little Zelda school for them. 🤓

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

220px-Shadow_of_the_Ninja_cover.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm playing through captain toad, I'm addicted, great game. Almost finished; I've been binging it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...