IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

@ambergonk I could be wrong but I think Doom64 is supposed to lead into Doom Eternal, which is why they gave it to us with it. IE 64 is somewhere between the 2016 Doom and Eternal.

edit: apparently it’s just a new level in 64 that bridges the gap or something. I dunno! Sam Hayden is around tho, I can feel it ?

so far I’m enjoying it I prefer the fast pace and extra difficulty compared to 2016. And the visuals, it’s a purdy game for sure. 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

Lol yeah, just discovered Animal Crossing and it's awesome. I'd be happy to welcome some WATMMers on my island... when I'll have something to show lol

36 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

@ambergonk I could be wrong but I think Doom64 is supposed to lead into Doom Eternal, which is why they gave it to us with it. IE 64 is somewhere between the 2016 Doom and Eternal.

edit: apparently it’s just a new level in 64 that bridges the gap or something. I dunno! Sam Hayden is around tho, I can feel it ?

so far I’m enjoying it I prefer the fast pace and extra difficulty compared to 2016. And the visuals, it’s a purdy game for sure. 

I heard that Doom 2016 followed the events of Doom 64, but don't quote me on that.

Yeah the amount of detail in the environments is pretty crazy. And I'm gradually getting a better feel for the new mechanics, like learning to use the chainsaw on fodder enemies when you run out of ammo, plus side attacks like frag grenade, flame belch, blood punch, etc. Feels like a combination of boot camp and martial arts training in a psychological sense.

1 hour ago, ambergonk said:

I heard that Doom 2016 followed the events of Doom 64, but don't quote me on that.

Yeah the amount of detail in the environments is pretty crazy. And I'm gradually getting a better feel for the new mechanics, like learning to use the chainsaw on fodder enemies when you run out of ammo, plus side attacks like frag grenade, flame belch, blood punch, etc. Feels like a combination of boot camp and martial arts training in a psychological sense.

Yes! The little things in combat make a huge difference. I find the bigger battles really exciting so far. I’m playing on nightmare. Gets my heart rate going lol. 

edit: I lied - just double checked, I've got it on Ultra Violence

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

Its unfortunate that in a time where I'm literally going to have months to play computer games I'm unable to spend any money on a new PC or said computer games incase I dont have a proper income for months

17 hours ago, pcock said:

Its unfortunate that in a time where I'm literally going to have months to play computer games I'm unable to spend any money on a new PC or said computer games incase I dont have a proper income for months

Many are in the same boat as you, and it's a feeling I'm all too familiar with. Only this year was I finally able to afford new hardware.

Doom Eternal is super demanding in terms of reflexes, and the difficulty is so amped up compared to other shooters that I struggle to keep up sometimes. I was literally breaking a sweat in one combat section and had to remove my socks just to cool down. Guess I'm used to the slower, more relaxed pace of No Man's Sky.

Classic Doom is still great though. Plus Doom 64 is officially available on Steam now (not a coincidence) - one that I never actually finished.

Started playing Pikuniku and finished it in about 4 hours. It's a sweet little game, but it strangely has very little content for the kind of game it is. Also, some transitions and scripted events are done very cheap, especially compared to its awesome physics. Dunno. 6/10.

Doom Eternal was a blast. I think I liked Doom 2016 a tad bit more but I was stoked that they brought back the hub level system with the Fortress of Doom. Much love.

Bring on the Chex Quest dlc

Edited by Entorwellian
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Entorwellian said:

Doom Eternal was a blast. I think I liked Doom 2016 a tad bit more but I was stoked that they brought back the hub level system with the Fortress of Doom. Much love.

Bring on the Chex Quest dlc

You finished it already??? I’ve been playing 10hrs and only on the 4th level but I have the difficulty jacked up 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

You finished it already??? I’ve been playing 10hrs and only on the 4th level but I have the difficulty jacked up 

Yeah I plowed through. Fuck Marauders.

I'm really impressed how fast and efficient the new IdTech engine is. It ran pretty smooth even on my aging laptop.

Just now, Entorwellian said:

Yeah I plowed through. Fuck Marauders.

I'm really impressed how fast and efficient the new IdTech engine is. It ran pretty smooth even on my aging laptop.

Yeah the engine is amazing imo, with  all settings cranked still averaging 120fps. I’m really enjoying the game with the difficulty cranked up, having to try some of the big battles like 10x but it’s so rewarding when I finally pass them. 

so far this is my fav Doom game since doom 2. 

fanatical.com has a SNK NEO·GEO bundle - 25 games for as low as $15.00! They have create your own bundle options too if you don't want to own multiple Metal Slugs or King of Fighters games :dadjoke:

2 minutes ago, pcock said:

doom works on older computers? gtx770 maybe?

10fps and all settings at low maybe? Dunno

Here's minimum specs per ID:

• CPU: Intel Core i5 @ 3.3 GHz or AMD Ryzen 3 @ 3.1 GHz.
  • RAM: 8 GB.
  • HDD: 50 GB.
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 or AMD Radeon R9 280, AMD Radeon RX 470.
  • DirectX: 11.
  • Screen Resolution: 1080p.
  • Like 1