IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

7 hours ago, oscillik said:

Yeah, that's how I felt with the delay announcement for DOOM Eternal — I just hoped that the delay meant the staff didn't hae]ve to crunch as much, and that the game came out less buggy

These days it seems like so many games are released half finished, or super buggy, needing a half dozen updates/patches etc in the first month following release... a result of tight deadlines in a hyper competitive market surely. BL3 was a good example of this for me. 

So I kind of welcome delays from these AAA studios at this point if it means the initial experience is that much better - which I think is your sentiment. Sucks downloading a game you’ve anticipated for a long time only to have the initial experience buggy, kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth which colours the rest of the experience ?‍♂️

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

Just now, Hugh Mughnus said:

These days it seems like so many games are released half finished, or super buggy, needing a half dozen updates/patches etc in the first month following release... a result of tight deadlines in a hyper competitive market surely. BL3 was a good example of this for me. 

So I kind of welcome delays from these AAA studios at this point if it means the initial experience is that much better - which I think is your sentiment. Sucks downloading a game you’ve anticipated for a long time only to have the initial experience buggy, kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth which colours the rest of the experience ?‍♂️

I'm about 8 hrs into BL3 now...got as far as Promethea, got back to Sanctuary, and tried returning to Promethea's surface via the drop pod..but even that I can't use now. Pretty sure this game is broken lol

Doom3 had better horror and atmosphere than Doom Eternal. DE is quite boring and over the top.

I would like to try HL: Alyx but have no money for VR.

Have been playing War Thunder for the last month or so... not great not terrible. Anyone plays it?

14 hours ago, ambergonk said:

I'm about 8 hrs into BL3 now...got as far as Promethea, got back to Sanctuary, and tried returning to Promethea's surface via the drop pod..but even that I can't use now. Pretty sure this game is broken lol

Most of my issues were with graphics. When the game released I was struggling to keep it over 40fps which doesn’t really make sense given my rig and the intensity of the visuals. It’s fixed now after a ton of game updates and nvidia driver releases. Nonetheless it was still disappointing on release that I couldn’t play a well polished properly functioning game! Oh also it started working a ton better once they fixed DX12.

(you only use the drop pod the first time it’s always just fast travel after that ?)

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

7 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Most of my issues were with graphics. When the game released I was struggling to keep it over 40fps which doesn’t really make sense given my rig and the intensity of the visuals. It’s fixed now after a ton of game updates and nvidia driver releases. Nonetheless it was still disappointing on release that I couldn’t play a well polished properly functioning game! Oh also it started working a ton better once they fixed DX12.

(you only use the drop pod the first time it’s always just fast travel after that ?)

Really? Because Sanctuary is the only fast travel point that shows up for me. WTF Gearbox. 

So I gave up and started playing solo on Generation Zero, by the same devs of RAGE 2. Pretty cool so far. The environment is like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. with a tech upgrade. The killer robots don't mess around though - they're fast and have seemingly advanced AI.

EDIT: Never mind, I just figured out how to cycle thru multiple maps in BL3. Fast travel points were revealed on the one for Promethea. Problem solved.

Also the guys working on Prodeus (upcoming indie Doom 2016) just posted a Kickstarter update today, including this demo of a Sniper Zombie

Edited by ambergonk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

@ambergonk both Generation Zero and that Prodeus look really interesting to me. On a shooter binge lately hey?

Gen 0 is dope. It's designed to be played co-op, but can be played solo. Killer robot invasion of unknown origin in rural Sweden circa November 1989. What's not to like?

Yeah I've probably spent a little too much time on shooters lately. Might either play XCOM: Enemy Within or Mutant Year Zero again when I need a break. Or Into the Breach - haven't tried that one yet.

Actually Risk of Rain 2 and Synthetik: Legion Rising are good too. Haven't touched RoR 2 in about a year though...

Edited by ambergonk
  • Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 8:20 PM, ambergonk said:

Nice. I still plan on ordering a Valve Index, but it'll be another few weeks before the second batch is ready, last I heard.

I'm using a htc vive and the game works just fine! If you got the money to spend though, fucking go for it. I'm sure it's even better.

• Like 1

35 hours into Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC. Mixed feelings. Technically this game looks really good and it's just fascinating to go around looking at the world. Also the story itself is interesting and you can see Dutch turning into the villain he was in the RDR1. 

But then on the other hand the missions are really linear and repetitive, it's more like an interactive movie than a game at some points. Also the cover-shooting bits are getting really boring. I get that this game goes more into the "experience" category than an actual game where you have to make your own decisions and master the mechanics etc.

Of course between the main missions you can go around in the world doing whatever and that's nice. I'll gladly play this game to the end but I think that in the future I'll be spending my money on something that is more fun to actually play. 

I haven't yet finished the story so something might still surprise me..

Not really a 'video game' as such but I've been playing lots of Clash Royale recently because my friends are really into it. I can't help but feel as if games are rigged to place you with people two levels above you (which is a lot) in order to make you lose to the point you get frustrated and buy gems/ the season pass in order to level up faster to only then get placed with someone two levels higher.

• Farnsworth 1

No Man's Sky now has driveable mechs!

(Unrelated, but this comes at the same time as AE_LIVE 2016/2018 becoming available on AE_STORE...what is this magic)

Edited by timbre monke
"Upgraded" screenshot to official trailer
  • Like 2

Got back into Everybody's Golf on PS4 Pro, and played a ton of Nex Machina (also PS4 Pro but available for PC too). I find myself gravitating to more arcadey, quick pick up and play games than the drawn out adventure games and RPGs.

First gameplay demo of Hello Games' next title

I know I've been fanboying over HG a lot lately. But they completely saved their reputation after the initial troubled launch of NMS, and continue to deliver simply because they want to.

Anybody got some Valorant keys they’d like to give away? Asking for a friend. PM me if you got any.

I’ll extend your membership a year or upgrade if you want as an exchange.

On 4/9/2020 at 11:20 PM, dr lopez said:

FF7 remake out tonight. im read to jack off to tifa 

the simping for tifa is simply uncontrollable here in south brooklyn.

i can't even be fully torqued because ive reverted to that pre-horny confused 8 yr old when i played the original 20 years ago. i dont understand the feelings i just want to do anything she says

• Like 2