Joyrex

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

14 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I think it's out tonight at 10PM my time (mountain standard)… 8PM your time? Or maybe it's 8PM for both of us - I'm getting confused lol.... 

exaited

so far so good - running everything on ultra nightmare except have the resolution at 2560x1440, fps flits around from 100-160. 

Only issue I'm having actually is with the audio cutting in and out occasionally.... =/

Final Fantasy 15 is so bad. jfc

Doom Eternal and Animal Crossing seems like the perfect combination for dealing with rage and anxiety righ tnow.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gocab said:

Final Fantasy 15 is so bad. jfc

What didn’t you like about it? I thought it was decent. Not my fav but it was better than 13.

The empty open world, the nonsensical story, the combat, the dudebros

I've only completed the first chapter of Doom Eternal so far, but I can't help but sense a disconnect from its predecessor. It's primarily because the game is much more stringent with ammo this time around, even more than Half-Life 2. But there's also more acrobatics/gymnastics you have to achieve and Mario-esque hazards. Plus they've shoehorned more RPG-type elements, like each monster has specific weaknesses now. It's not as simple as just dashing around with guns blazing anymore.

Also, what of Samuel Hayden? Why is there no intro explaining how the Doom Slayer ended up where he did? 

I dunno. Not saying it's bad. I just feel like it lacks continuity. Maybe after a few more hours in I'll adapt better to the new gameplay mechanics. But this game alone is the main reason I bought a 1400 dollar PC. Might as well get my money's worth.

5 hours ago, acid1 said:

Doom Eternal and Animal Crossing seems like the perfect combination for dealing with rage and anxiety righ tnow.

Reddit is chock-full of crossover memes lately

ANIMAL FUCKING CROSSING!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@ambergonk I could be wrong but I think Doom64 is supposed to lead into Doom Eternal, which is why they gave it to us with it. IE 64 is somewhere between the 2016 Doom and Eternal.

edit: apparently it’s just a new level in 64 that bridges the gap or something. I dunno! Sam Hayden is around tho, I can feel it 👀

so far I’m enjoying it I prefer the fast pace and extra difficulty compared to 2016. And the visuals, it’s a purdy game for sure. 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

16 minutes ago, Claudius t Ansuulim said:

yyyyyup Nintendo Switch GIF

I got a yard full of fish and bugs and IDGAF

• Thanks 1

Lol yeah, just discovered Animal Crossing and it's awesome. I'd be happy to welcome some WATMMers on my island... when I'll have something to show lol

36 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

@ambergonk I could be wrong but I think Doom64 is supposed to lead into Doom Eternal, which is why they gave it to us with it. IE 64 is somewhere between the 2016 Doom and Eternal.

edit: apparently it’s just a new level in 64 that bridges the gap or something. I dunno! Sam Hayden is around tho, I can feel it 👀

so far I’m enjoying it I prefer the fast pace and extra difficulty compared to 2016. And the visuals, it’s a purdy game for sure. 

I heard that Doom 2016 followed the events of Doom 64, but don't quote me on that.

Yeah the amount of detail in the environments is pretty crazy. And I'm gradually getting a better feel for the new mechanics, like learning to use the chainsaw on fodder enemies when you run out of ammo, plus side attacks like frag grenade, flame belch, blood punch, etc. Feels like a combination of boot camp and martial arts training in a psychological sense.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ambergonk said:

I heard that Doom 2016 followed the events of Doom 64, but don't quote me on that.

Yeah the amount of detail in the environments is pretty crazy. And I'm gradually getting a better feel for the new mechanics, like learning to use the chainsaw on fodder enemies when you run out of ammo, plus side attacks like frag grenade, flame belch, blood punch, etc. Feels like a combination of boot camp and martial arts training in a psychological sense.

Yes! The little things in combat make a huge difference. I find the bigger battles really exciting so far. I’m playing on nightmare. Gets my heart rate going lol. 

edit: I lied - just double checked, I've got it on Ultra Violence

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

Its unfortunate that in a time where I'm literally going to have months to play computer games I'm unable to spend any money on a new PC or said computer games incase I dont have a proper income for months

17 hours ago, pcock said:

Its unfortunate that in a time where I'm literally going to have months to play computer games I'm unable to spend any money on a new PC or said computer games incase I dont have a proper income for months

Many are in the same boat as you, and it's a feeling I'm all too familiar with. Only this year was I finally able to afford new hardware.

Doom Eternal is super demanding in terms of reflexes, and the difficulty is so amped up compared to other shooters that I struggle to keep up sometimes. I was literally breaking a sweat in one combat section and had to remove my socks just to cool down. Guess I'm used to the slower, more relaxed pace of No Man's Sky.

Classic Doom is still great though. Plus Doom 64 is officially available on Steam now (not a coincidence) - one that I never actually finished.

Picked up Animal Crossing.  SW-7339-0449-9490

• Like 3

Started playing Pikuniku and finished it in about 4 hours. It's a sweet little game, but it strangely has very little content for the kind of game it is. Also, some transitions and scripted events are done very cheap, especially compared to its awesome physics. Dunno. 6/10.

djenty dooty demon shooty

aka doom eternal

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Doom Eternal was a blast. I think I liked Doom 2016 a tad bit more but I was stoked that they brought back the hub level system with the Fortress of Doom. Much love.

Bring on the Chex Quest dlc

Edited by Entorwellian
  • Like 1

6RNVgbB.png

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ManjuShri said:

6RNVgbB.png

Thinking that the police see the electricity usage and think there is a major grow-op, raid the place and find that, they'd probably arrest him anyway just because.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Entorwellian said:

Doom Eternal was a blast. I think I liked Doom 2016 a tad bit more but I was stoked that they brought back the hub level system with the Fortress of Doom. Much love.

Bring on the Chex Quest dlc

You finished it already??? I’ve been playing 10hrs and only on the 4th level but I have the difficulty jacked up