IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

On 4/8/2020 at 11:02 PM, timbre monke said:

First gameplay demo of Hello Games' next title

I know I've been fanboying over HG a lot lately. But they completely saved their reputation after the initial troubled launch of NMS, and continue to deliver simply because they want to.

Easy on the music there, Hello Games.

2 hours ago, yekker said:

Animal crossing new horizons bunny day:

Not worth the hype.

Not worth the crafting.

Between that bullshit, learning on early Sunday afternoon that the turnip vendor is only in town on Sunday morning, and how heavily biased the game is toward the first player on the island (i.e. my spouse) I'm just about done with this fucking game. Also I hate Tom Nook almost as much as the shitty rabbit, such a smug cunt who keeps me in the dark on god damn everything and is all upsell upsell upsell. Just one big blueballs, this fucking game.

Edited by sweepstakes
  • Haha 2
  • Burger 1

Mainly NMS still, but just got back into Fallout: New Vegas on the side. Still great, and no crashes on the new PC...so far.

EDIT: Jinx. But it was actually a power surge. With NMS, not F:NV.

Edited by timbre monke
Editing reason
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, yekker said:

I'll be happy fishing in the future and not catching water eggs.

Could we start an Animal Crossing dedicated thread? I too am embarking on my island journey with my kid and would be curious to see your places. 

• Like 1

I don't know why I keep wasting time reinstalling Elder Scrolls Online. I play it for an hour or two, then realize - again - that I hate MMOs. Someone tried to friend me just now. So I logged off.

New XCOM installment drops a week from today

Humans and aliens are working together now. But it's unclear who the main enemy is. Regardless, I just pre-ordered.

EDIT: The XCOM subreddit is on fire with Snek shit-posts lately

Edited by timbre monke
  • Like 1

Buying a new Xbox one X at this point in time doesn't sound like a great idea to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i finished FF7 Remake. in retrospect the second half of the game is less good than the first but thats ok because the first half is essentially perfect. This is true in the original game as well. the ending is "meta" in a somewhat annoying way but also funny in that the hopes of fanboys are represented in the game by these evil dementor looking things, at least that's how I read it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

i finished FF7 Remake. in retrospect the second half of the game is less good than the first but thats ok because the first half is essentially perfect. This is true in the original game as well. the ending is "meta" in a somewhat annoying way but also funny in that the hopes of fanboys are represented in the game by these evil dementor looking things, at least that's how I read it.

I cancelled my preorder when I realized I had no compelling reason to (re)play this.

I downloaded a game from 2014 for 2€ in the xbox60 called Bound by Flame. At the begginig it seemed a bit slow and annoying but the shit is gaining some fun, also I chosed the highest difficult and some monsters are tough and you can get killed easily. It is necessary to make contradictory choices and talk to many characters to get info in the game too

It's tempting to get back into Synthetik. Starting to feel like my favorite open-world games are getting stale.

And I haven't tried Into the Breach yet. Might be a good appetizer to the new XCOM game coming out in a few days.

EDIT: I played a bit of Into the Breach for the first time. Pretty cool so far, even though I kinda suck at it.

Edited by timbre monke