IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I bought the sega classics collection for switch and I'm upset about the very noticeable input lag. Both sonic 1 and 2 are unplayable and I'm pissed that my friend who also owns it didn't tell me about it but maybe he didn't notice. 

Finally got around to playing 8-Bit Killer, a freeware indie game from 2008: https://locomalito.com/8bit_killer.php

It's basically Mad Max-themed Wolf 3D with Bionic Commando graphix. Only downsides are that there are no saves, and the Esc key immediately quits to desktop. Otherwise it's pretty cool.

And I finally played thru the NDS System Shock remake pre-alpha demo without crashing. I guess that recent update fixed it.

Edited by timbre monke
  • Like 1

Finished outer worlds, pretty fun, but it really petered out from about halfway in. Could've been so much better.

Edited by Gocab
Better

Hades is my new Roguelite and it is fantastic. Much more forgiving than Enter the Gungeon, but still pretty challenging, and with an incredibly deep set of upgrades and conditions for replayability.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 12:17 PM, milkface said:

I'd love to and it'd be better in the long run but I don't have the money for the Pro ?

Glad to be getting a console soon though, will be super convenient for my uni dorm and I'll be able to use spotify and netflix on it as opposed to using my laptop in bed which is fucking my posture up.

On a side note does anyone have any PS4 exclusive recommendations? Bloodborne and that spiderman game look really good.

This didn't age well. I've already sold it lol

Started Hyper Light Drifter last night for the first time since April 2016. Already defeated the giant toad boss. I wish more abstract, minimalist indie games like this existed. AAAs are too over-saturated and unfocused for me anymore.

19 hours ago, Gocab said:

Finished outer worlds, pretty fun, but it really petered out from about halfway in. Could've been so much better.

I heard the combat is decent but the game is mediocre overall, considering it's from the Fallout: New Vegas devs. Too bad Josh Sawyer and Chris Avellone moved on years ago, so they weren't involved in the story-writing.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, timbre monke said:

Started Hyper Light Drifter last night for the first time since April 2016. Already defeated the giant toad boss. I wish more abstract, minimalist indie games like this existed. AAAs are too over-saturated and unfocused for me anymore.

I heard the combat is decent but the game is mediocre overall, considering it's from the Fallout: New Vegas devs. Too bad Josh Sawyer and Chris Avellone moved on years ago, so they weren't involved in the story-writing.

It looked to me like they started out trying to do something really epic, but then ran out of resources, time and interest while working on it. It's fun, but ultimately a bit of a let down, especially compared to New Vegas. It's pretty shallow.

• Like 1

I beat plague of shadows and I think my next game will be owlboy. Anybody played it??

Plague of shadows was just as good as shovel knight but I need a breather before I start the other quests in that game.

Edited by yekker

im not the target market anyway (pc).. but that design already looks tryhard and outdated.  as if 2006-era alienware was their reference?  including the controller, which just looks slippery and still has the resting-on-its shoulder buttons problem

I was more hyped for PS5 before the hype tbh. it (the console itself) looks like shit.

some of the games looked allright, but not anything facemelting. 

I need melty face.

this was my favourite of the bunch.

Edited by Gocab
maybe I'm just over actiony video games

51 minutes ago, Gocab said:

this was my favourite of the bunch.

Same here.

The games looked beautiful and I can't wait to play games on the new consoles, but most of it also looked like generic action games - apart from Deathloop. They showed so many third person games that I lost count. But as soon as they show something like Little Devil Inside it catches everyone's attention.

Also, games that "restart" each time you die sure are popular, huh?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, markedone said:

im not the target market anyway (pc).. but that design already looks tryhard and outdated.  as if 2006-era alienware was their reference?  including the controller, which just looks slippery and still has the resting-on-its shoulder buttons problem

Yeah, that is one of my pet peeves as well.

Personally, I was skipping through the whole thing with baited breath and trembling fingers, my face growing longer and longer as I looked for a new WipeOut. Sorry, guys, that's the platform seller I'm gonna need. No WipeOut, no deal. I'm not in a rush anyway. A new Oddworld game is always welcome, but not that much of a priority, and it didn't look like it would add a lot to the concept. I feel like many of the games in the presentation were directed more towards the Asian market, and as usual the best games are going to come out in two or three year's time, as the developers familiarize themselves with the platform.