IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I got every Fallout game up through New Vegas for $18 total on sale at GoG a couple weeks ago, but all I've actually been playing is the NES version of Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf.

• Like 3
  • Farnsworth 1

I just found the Shard Gun in Hyper Light Drifter. Already recovered all modules in the East and the West, then gonna return North to recover the remaining ones there. Then I'll make my way to the South.

God damn I hate those big plant monsters in the East though. Worst enemies in the game.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 9:24 AM, Squee said:

Same here.

The games looked beautiful and I can't wait to play games on the new consoles, but most of it also looked like generic action games - apart from Deathloop. They showed so many third person games that I lost count. But as soon as they show something like Little Devil Inside it catches everyone's attention.

Also, games that "restart" each time you die sure are popular, huh?

I find roguelites have grown to be my favourite genre of game. ruthlessly challenging, yet the upgrades you chip away at while failing, mixed with rising skill levels, leave you deeply satisfied when you finally break through a checkpoint, or finish them. also you can play for 45 minutes and get a full session in.

Replaying The Last of Us in prep for the sequel coming out this week. I can definitely see how gameplay has evolved since it came out, but story holds up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, onecaseman said:

Replaying The Last of Us in prep for the sequel coming out this week. I can definitely see how gameplay has evolved since it came out, but story holds up.

Yeah, I've been thinking about gerting the remastered version and doing just that. I have very fond memories of that game, and not all of them involve giraffes. Don't have lots if sparetime as it is, but I think I might do it anyway. The sequel would probably be just as enjoyable without doing it, but I'm just wired that way. How many hours will you need, you reckon?

Edited by IDEM

I started playing Left Behind, because I never bothered playing it back when I played the last of us. Nice appetizer for the sequel.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gocab said:

I started playing Left Behind, because I never bothered playing it back when I played the last of us. Nice appetizer for the sequel.

v1.aDsxMjE1OTA7ajsxODQ1MTsxMjAwOzUzMjs3N

Agreed on the Sony PS5 reveal - sure, the games all looked pretty, but where's the innovation? And the stream was only 1080P/30, which made most of the native 4K games (aka most of them) look no better than PS4/Pro games.

I'm not sure how I feel about the PS5 itself design-wise; all the criticisms are valid, but honestly mine will be inside an entertainment centre so other than some blue glow, I will hardly be looking at it.

Now, if it is awkward to fit into said entertainment centre... that's another story. It doesn't look like it can lay down 'flat'?

I really wanted to hear (and see) more about the haptic feedback in the DualSense controller and the 3D audio capabilities other than just a mention.

14 hours ago, IDEM said:

Yeah, I've been thinking about gerting the remastered version and doing just that. I have very fond memories of that game, and not all of them involve giraffes. Don't have lots if sparetime as it is, but I think I might do it anyway. The sequel would probably be just as enjoyable without doing it, but I'm just wired that way. How many hours will you need, you reckon?

Trending toward 15 hours me thinks. But hard to tell exactly.

2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Agreed on the Sony PS5 reveal - sure, the games all looked pretty, but where's the innovation? And the stream was only 1080P/30, which made most of the native 4K games (aka most of them) look no better than PS4/Pro games.

I'm not sure how I feel about the PS5 itself design-wise; all the criticisms are valid, but honestly mine will be inside an entertainment centre so other than some blue glow, I will hardly be looking at it.

Now, if it is awkward to fit into said entertainment centre... that's another story. It doesn't look like it can lay down 'flat'?

I really wanted to hear (and see) more about the haptic feedback in the DualSense controller and the 3D audio capabilities other than just a mention.

It will lay flat. I think event was just to show they will have games worth buying. Horizon sequel enough for me, but def interested in Death Loop, Ghostwire, and the Spider-man expansion.

• Like 1

DOOM (2016) was on sale for $10 so now I'll finally play it. Didn't have a proper machine to play it back then.

• Like 2

I still prefer Doom 2016 to Eternal. Just better-written and more fluid & coherent IMO.

Just beat Hyper Light Drifter a second time (first time was over four years ago). And I managed to find the Railgun (not to be confused with the Rifle) just before the final boss.

Edited by timbre monke
  • Like 1

Pretty excited for this new EA Star Wars Squadrons game. It's even gonna have VR support, ftfy. TIE Fighter was one of my favorite games back in the day (honorable mention to Dark Forces). I think I still have those CDs in storage somewhere, lol

• Thanks 1

I 'member Tie Fighter used some of the same explosion sounds as Dark Forces. And DF itself was actually the next evolutionary step after classic Doom/Doom II in shooter games back in the mid-90s.

9 hours ago, luke viia said:

Pretty excited for this new EA Star Wars Squadrons game. It's even gonna have VR support, ftfy. TIE Fighter was one of my favorite games back in the day (honorable mention to Dark Forces). I think I still have those CDs in storage somewhere, lol

I'm afraid Squadron is gonna be more like Rogue Squadron and not X-Wing/Tie Fighter. Not that the Rogue Squadron games were bad games, but it would have been ballsy of EA to make something akin to X-Wing/Tie Fighter. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dr lopez said:

new pokemon expansion has so many bugs. not bug pokemon. it just doesnt work. game freak are retarded. 

From glancing at serebii.net, is the entire original 151 playable now?  They finally added my man Scizor. ?