IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

6 hours ago, Squee said:

Sure seems like a highly customizable game. I wonder if you can choose between good and bad voice acting as well.

Looks great.
I'm really looking forward to this.
However, I hope someone will be able to make a mod for third-person-view / over-the-shoulder-view.
(first-person-view gives me motion sickness really quickly)
(devs already said they'll only include first-person-view and won't include third-person-view / over-the-shoulder-view)

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 11:14 AM, markedone said:

steam sale! picked up void bastards and lonely mountains downhill thanks to this thread recs :emotawesomepm9:

welp, first impression, both these games are really awesome

• Like 2

Anyone have recommendations for a modern day Fallout 2/Arcanum experience?  Isometric graphics, open world gameplay.  Theme could be anything as long as it satisfies that immersive, Fallout 2/Arcanum experience.  Definitely not interested in FPS, totally different vibe.

EDIT: MAC compatible, please......  I dig out my old windows system periodically to play Fallout 2/Arcanum but I surely ain't gonna do that for a new game.

Edited by tailings

17 minutes ago, luke viia said:

Divinity: Original Sin might scratch that itch. Or maybe the Shadowrun games?

Thanks, I'll have a look.  Have you played Disco Elysium?  looks interesting.

I have! loved it. Wasn't sure if a combat-free text-heavy game like that was what you were looking for, but it is for sure a fantastic and unique game.

19 hours ago, markedone said:

welp, first impression, both these games are really awesome

Void Bastards is an underrated gem IMO. It also seems to lend itself to partial Duskers influence, which I still need to try.

10 hours ago, tailings said:

Anyone have recommendations for a modern day Fallout 2/Arcanum experience?  Isometric graphics, open world gameplay.  Theme could be anything as long as it satisfies that immersive, Fallout 2/Arcanum experience.  Definitely not interested in FPS, totally different vibe.

EDIT: MAC compatible, please......  I dig out my old windows system periodically to play Fallout 2/Arcanum but I surely ain't gonna do that for a new game.

Seems like you're looking for CRPG.
(role-playing, party-based, turn-based / real-time with pause, tactical, top-down, choices matter, story-rich, tabletop role-playing rules / pen & paper rules, numbers)

Older: (buy on GOG)

• Baldur's Gate I & II
  • Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic I & II
  • Planescape Torment
  • Fallout I & II
  • Neverwinter Nights I & II
  • Icewind Dale I & II
  • Arcanum
  • Ultima VII

Newer:

• Divinity Original Sin I & II
  • Dragon Age Origins
  • Disco Elysium
  • South Park The Stick of Truth
  • Pillars of Eternity I & II
  • Shadowrun Dragonfall & Hong Kong
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker
  • Wasteland 2
  • Tyranny
  • The Age of Decadence
  • Atom RPG

Upcoming:

• Baldur's Gate III
  • Wasteland 3
  • Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous
  • Colony Ship

2 hours ago, MaartenVC said:

Seems like you're looking for CRPG.
(role-playing, party-based, turn-based / real-time with pause, tactical, top-down, choices matter, story-rich, tabletop role-playing rules / pen & paper rules, numbers)

Yep, mostly.  Never much cared for the party building aspect but it seems to go with the genre.

Older: (buy on GOG)

• Baldur's Gate I & II
  • Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic I & II
  • Planescape Torment
  • Fallout I & II
  • Neverwinter Nights I & II
  • Icewind Dale I & II
  • Arcanum
  • Ultima VII

I've played most of those.  Fallout 2 is one of my all time favorite games, (Arcanum is up there as well.).  In a perfect world, Van Buren went on to become the real Fallout 3.

Newer:

• Divinity Original Sin I & II
  • Disco Elysium
  • Pillars of Eternity I & II
  • Shadowrun Dragonfall & Hong Kong
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker
  • Wasteland 2
  • Tyranny

Culling the list, looks like I have these choices for MAC play.  A few are Catalina incompatible :(.  Not a deal breaker but certainly a nuisance.  Divinity will probably kill my system.  Pillars and Disco are standing out as most intriguing.  Thanks for the lists.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Anyone have a significant other that games, and what’s their fav?  My gf has been obsessed with Toon Blast for almost a year.  ?

Stardew Valley

4 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Anyone have a significant other that games, and what’s their fav?  My gf has been obsessed with Toon Blast for almost a year.  ?

The gf loooves Plants vs Zombies.

But we also play a lot of co-op games together.
(smaller indie co-op games but also big co-op role-playing games)
I'll list them later.

• Like 1

I somehow got sucked back into Fallout 4 (w/ mods) over the past week. I found some WWII-era weapon mods that work pretty well, plus they're lore-friendly.

Think I'm about to take a brief recess tho and check out the NMS weekend event.

And there are still like 6 games I bought on Steam that I haven't even touched yet.

Finished The Last of Us Part II. I thought it was great, if a little easy. I played on hard and was able to stealth through most of the game. I love stealth so that is cool with me, but expected to be forced into more manic encounters than I was.

Nonono, you mustn't play it, you must say it's really bad because you read some leaked plot points on the internet.

Just downloaded You Are Empty and bought Stalin Subway on Steam for half a buck. Two janky 1950s Soviet shooters released back in October 2006. Can't wait.

EDIT: Welp...Windows is telling me that the setup file for the former is unsafe to run, and once the main menu loads up for The Stalin Subway the damn mouse doesn't even work. I was going in expecting janky anyway, but not outright broken. At least it was dirt cheap.

Oh well. If I need my Slav-jank fix, there's always S.T.A.L.K.E.R..

Edited by timbre monke

On 7/7/2020 at 12:06 AM, Joyrex said:

About 40% of the way through The Last of Us Remastered; determined to finally play this through so I can play the sequel.

How far is 40%? I've just met the black guy and his kid. Playing it for the second time, but I've forgotten much more than I remember.

19 hours ago, Kooch said:

Obsessed with Wipeout, not played it for almost 20 years.

2 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

I was playing Omega collection the other night. Hard but pretty.

I also started replaying Wipeout HD Fury last night, dusted off the old PS3 and continued the (almost finished) campaign where I left years ago.

Today as I was playing it occured to me that this really is my absolutely favorite video game of all time. I've played every version of it (except the Vita one), and I'm not ashamed to say that probably some of the best moments in my life involved getting high and playing Wipeout. Damn, I love that game, it just allows me to get in a flow state that is so serene. I really, really hope there'll be a new installment for PS5 eventually.

• Like 2