IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

On 8/9/2020 at 9:25 PM, zkom said:

I got a Switch Lite when this pandemic hit and first I played LoZ: Breath of the Wild, which is huuuuge and then the remake of Link's Awakening which was surprisingly easy for such an old game. I guess improved controls help? Anyway, pretty much done with them both. Not going to go for 100% completions especially in BotW because that's just ridiculous. 900 korok seeds, etc. But I finished the stories in both.

Now kind of wondering what should I get next for the Switch. Xenoblade Chronicles sounds interesting but it looks a bit too much like JRPG which I've played some but not a big fan. Also never really liked games where you have a "party" or similar. Idky.

I guess there are always the latest Mario games, but I'm a bit done with them already. I've just played too many Mario games in my time. Or like what is the 9th or 10th Mario Kart game in the series really going to bring into table anymore? Nintendo should just finally make a new version of F-Zero and not try covertly insert some of its gameplay to Mario Kart..

Mario Odyssey is really, really good. 

23 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Ikaruga is up for preorder physical release on PS4 and Switch, but $60 for a game that old is reaching IMO:

https://store.nicalis.com/products/ikaruga?variant=30303655690376

LOL, I love how the "no bonus included" edition is a penny less

This is targeting those "gotta have physical" completionists/collectors who think they will actually be playing this game 20+ years in the future like they are with their NES and other retro game consoles.

16 hours ago, Joyrex said:

LOL, I love how the "no bonus included" edition is a penny less

This is targeting those "gotta have physical" completionists/collectors who think they will actually be playing this game 20+ years in the future like they are with their NES and other retro game consoles.

I remember playing it endlessly on my GameCube in college while using Plaid's Parts in the Post as the soundtrack. Those two things are inextricably linked for me now.

• Like 1

I finished Far Cry 5 and really liked it actually. A lot of fun. I couldn't get though Far Cry 4, but did love Far Cry 3.

I think I'll play The Outer Worlds next.

• Like 3

There is a free competitive Porygon 2 available for Pokemon Sword / Shield with mystery gift code PKMNPLAYERSCUP

free competitive Gastrodon with code PJCS2019CHAMP expires tomorrow

C11727F3-6999-408E-B023-265E04FD7ACD.jpeg

0D50ABAF-7DA2-469C-B3B9-E921B37C0C6E.jpeg

• Like 1

Getting very close to completing Blasphemous - made it to (presumably) the final boss, and getting close to having all the collectibles, rosary beads, and prayers. Getting the final Mea Culpa shrine is a PITA though... still great game and look forward to playing through the DLC once I beat the game.

2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Getting very close to completing Blasphemous - made it to (presumably) the final boss, and getting close to having all the collectibles, rosary beads, and prayers. Getting the final Mea Culpa shrine is a PITA though... still great game and look forward to playing through the DLC once I beat the game.

Just finished Blasphemous a few hours ago too.
I thought it was a good Metroidvania with some Platforming and some Souls-like elements.

+ Positive: Very unique story-world. Cool art / atmosphere. Solid gameplay. Not too short. There's a new game plus too.
- Negative: Platforming / Pitfalls slow progress down too much imo. Side-Quests are really really vague and convoluted. You can miss a lot of content easily. (this is especially true for two very important movement-power-ups)

Spoiler

Blood Perpetuated in Sand (red platforms) & Three Gnarled Tongues (roots)

More Spoilers:

Spoiler

Parrying is very important against some enemies & bosses.
Lunges are surprisingly good against a lot of enemies.
If you offer 20.000 tears at the church you're able to warp from altar to altar, which is really neat late-game for collecting stuff.
If you equip Smoking Heart of Incense & Drop of Coagulated Ink you can do some massive damage with prayers, especially with the Debla of the Lights prayer. It wrecks everything, even bosses. (one-shot / two-shot)
There are 2 endings. The second ending requires you to die 3 times with the Immaculate Bead equipped, than destroying all Statues of Confessors and beating their Confessor Dungeons, then defeating the end-boss.

Edited by MaartenVC

3 minutes ago, MaartenVC said:

Just finished Blasphemous a few hours ago too.
I thought it was a good Metroidvania with some Platforming and some Souls-like elements.

+ Positive: Very unique story-world. Cool art / atmosphere. Solid gameplay. Not too short. There's a new game plus too.
- Negative: Platforming / Pitfalls slow progress down too much imo. Side-Quests are really really vague and convoluted. You can miss a lot of content easily. (this is especially true for two very important movement-power-ups)

Hide contents

Blood Perpetuated in Sand (red platforms) & Three Gnarled Tongues (roots)

More Spoilers:

Hide contents

Parrying is very important against some enemies & bosses.
Lunges are surprisingly good against a lot of enemies.
If you offer 20.000 tears at the church you're able to warp from altar to altar, which is really neat late-game for collecting stuff.
If you equip Smoking Heart of Incense & Drop of Coagulated Ink you can do some massive damage with prayers, especially with the Debla of the Lights prayer. It wrecks everything, even bosses. (one-shot / two-shot)
There are 2 endings. The second ending requires you to die 3 times with the Immaculate Bead equipped, than destroying all Statues of Confessors and beating their Confessor Dungeons, then defeating the end-boss.

Wow, you know your stuff! (agreed on the second movement power-up - I had to end up looking it up because I knew there was something that allowed me to move/jump normally when in mud/water.

Did you do the Chalice challenge? That's what I am going to start working on.

Also, the priest hasn't show up (yet) at the church - he didn't kill himself, and I spoke with him and gave him the rope/knot item and the last thing he said was he had to pray (which I took he should go to the church next) - I've gone there plus where he was last and he hasn't show up yet - any ideas? Did it work for you?

Finished Ion Fury again on Ultra Viscera difficulty. Man that final level is an absolute bitch.

Otherwise playing Hedon again, which could easily be mistaken for a TC Doom mod but is in fact a standalone game based on the GZDoom engine. Playing a bit of Quake II on the side as well.

Also reinstalled Doom Eternal after a five month hiatus. Might play it again later to see if I still suck at it.

Edited by timbre monke
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Wow, you know your stuff! (agreed on the second movement power-up - I had to end up looking it up because I knew there was something that allowed me to move/jump normally when in mud/water.

Did you do the Chalice challenge? That's what I am going to start working on.

Also, the priest hasn't show up (yet) at the church - he didn't kill himself, and I spoke with him and gave him the rope/knot item and the last thing he said was he had to pray (which I took he should go to the church next) - I've gone there plus where he was last and he hasn't show up yet - any ideas? Did it work for you?

About the Chalice of Inverted Verses side-quest:

Spoiler

You have to defeat 3 specific types of enemies without dying, but you can fast-travel between Altars if you upgraded them.

About the Cleofas / Socorro side-quest:

Spoiler

Normally after giving Socorro the three Marks of Refuge, you should go talk to Ludovice in Albero, who will give you the Cord of the True Burying, which you should give to Cleofas, who then goes to Albero, where he will give a new Prayer, unlocking the Rebirth Achievement.
He should be near the shrine inside the church.

4 hours ago, MaartenVC said:

About the Chalice of Inverted Verses side-quest:

Hide contents

You have to defeat 3 specific types of enemies without dying, but you can fast-travel between Altars if you upgraded them.

About the Cleofas / Socorro side-quest:

Hide contents

Normally after giving Socorro the three Marks of Refuge, you should go talk to Ludovice in Albero, who will give you the Cord of the True Burying, which you should give to Cleofas, who then goes to Albero, where he will give a new Prayer, unlocking the Rebirth Achievement.
He should be near the shrine inside the church.

Yeah, I know how to do it - I hadn't done it yet due to the requirements - so using the Altars is allowed (because using the portals is not from what I read).

Cleofas ended up being in the Archcathedral Rooftops - I spoke to him and then he went back to the Church, where I got the Prayer.

Your synergy with the ink and prayer is super powerful - made the last boss fight a sinch (not that he was that difficult to begin with; just annoying with the platforms). Got the second ending, so I am going to try to get the first on the NG+ run though.

I beat it last night, but I made the mistake of starting New Game + before finding the last bone to complete the Ossuary. Now I'm having to literally start over (chose the penitence that gives you life orbs instead of a life bar). Had the map and game at 99% before I started NG+ without thinking. Ah well - worth playing through again.

blasphemous is tight af.

got every achievement, all 3 ng+ beads and the sword heart you get for beating the dlc bosses. so yeah, basically everything. ~47 hours. would gladly go on if there was more content. the latest dlc / patch was quite the treat for being free imo. but i have to agree about the side-quests / riddles: some where unnecessarily obtuse.

Spoiler

like when redento disappears after you exit the secret room behind the statue of his saint. why would you reenter to find him there? i sure didn't at first. turns out asshole's sitting on a knot the whole time. ?

also yeah, some gear combinations make boss balance go to shit. ng+ is still quite alot tougher tho. i'd recommend starting with penitence of the bleeding heart.