IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

56 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Cleofas ended up being in the Archcathedral Rooftops - I spoke to him and then he went back to the Church, where I got the Prayer.

actually you can just kill off his precious bitch and screw the marks of refuge, he'll end up in a cell in the dungeon ("wall of the holy prohibitions") instead. you can give him the cord and get the prayer all the same. you'll need that key for 9999 quid tho.

1 hour ago, jaderpansen said:

actually you can just kill off his precious bitch and screw the marks of refuge, he'll end up in a cell in the dungeon ("wall of the holy prohibitions") instead. you can give him the cord and get the prayer all the same. you'll need that key for 9999 quid tho.

That's what I did - no mercy! After the wall, he ended up on the rooftops, and then headed to the church.

9999 is nothing - ended the game with 40K and change (and that was after I made my generous donation to the church (they got the Catholicism angle down pat with this game, LOL)) 

9 hours ago, Joyrex said:

That's what I did - no mercy! After the wall, he ended up on the rooftops, and then headed to the church.

9999 is nothing - ended the game with 40K and change (and that was after I made my generous donation to the church (they got the Catholicism angle down pat with this game, LOL)) 

yeah the game is quite generous with tears, you never have to farm for them if you just take on what comes along. ng+ even more so since every collectable you've taken over from first playthrough is replaced by them. but be careful not to eff up in true guilt mode... once i lost ~90k that way lel. there can be only one guilt ghost in that mode, if you generate a new one by dying before reaching the first that one vanishes and with it all the dough you had up to that point. also the immaculate bead seems to prevent redeemable guilt entirely, not sure if intentional / bugged.

the dlc bosses are awesome! enjoy. ?

Played and finished Ori and the Blind Forest
Awesome Indie Puzzle-Platforming Metroidvania Game.
+ Solid Gameplay (Combat, Puzzles, Platforming, Abilities, Exploration)
+ Beautiful Art-Style
+ Great Music
+ Easy to 100% (map shows collectibles)
± Auto-Scroller-Sections can be frustrating (no checkpoints)

• Like 2

Finally got into Carrion last night. Pretty satisfying as a means of stress relief, but I can also understand what some reviewers mean by getting lost easily, especially in the absence of a map.

Also been playing Dead Cells on my Samsung phone. The initial level is a breeze at this point, but I've yet to get all the way through the Toxic Sewers section.

• Like 1

Gave horizon zero dawn another go. It's pretty fun. They totally ripped off Witcher 3 gameplay wise, but they did a good job at that. The gameplay is pretty great. The Story and voice acting is meh. And I don't care much for the machine stuff, even though the game is built around those things lol.  7/10 I guess. It frustrates me that I cannot enter huts though. I mean I want to check out interiors of houses and shops. Only the ruins at the start seem to be an interior thing

Edited by Berk

Played and finished South Park: The Stick of Truth

Fun Comedy Adventure Role-Playing Game.
+ Really Funny; Humor is just like the Cartoon TV-Show
+ Art Style is exactly like the Cartoon TV-Show
+ Good Turn-Based Combat
± It's not really clear when you should do what quest next or where you should best go next

Edited by MaartenVC
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 4:24 AM, splbt said:

what did you end up getting? bought and finished disco elysium this month. really immersive and entertaining, despite the choppy gameplay on my 2015 macbook air. am usually disappointed with games that allegedly have a "great story". sometimes i feel like gamers/critics/developers haven't watched a single decent movie. that wasn't the case this time though. great writing indeed. will definitely play through once i've given my poor computer some well deserved rest

Sorry for the long delay in response, August was a very busy month.

I ended up doing a complete 360 and went 4x.  Purchased Endless Space 2.  A rather well done version of the genre, it even manages to avoid the tedium of micromanaging every last detail.  The detail is there but turns play quickly and it just doesn't feel tedious, (mostly).  The AI is the weakest element, (not surprisingly); simplistic, repetitive and predictable.

Now I'm back to playing Minecraft now that 1.16 has been released.

got back into anno1800 after the DLCs were all on sale on steam..holy fuck it such a good game. the dlcs are really good too, just not for the asking price really..any rts dweebs in here needin the ultimate period theme timesink? 

Played and finished The Swapper.

Good Atmospheric Indie Puzzle Game.
+ Mysterious Atmosphere
+ Eerie Ambient Music
+ Innovative Puzzle-Mechanic
± Puzzles are ok; Solutions are often easier than you initial think
± I wish there were more alternative endings or meaningful decisions
± Achievements are only for hidden chambers

• Like 1

Today's Mario-themed anniversary Nintendo Direct:

Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy for Switch

AR Mario Kart for Switch (WTF)

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Rage for Switch

Mario-themed Animal Crossing furniture

Mario 35 battle royale game ala Tetris 99

Game and Watch SMB handheld (these will be come collector's items)

What's weird, is all of these things are timed exclusives - is Nintendo really worried about people not buying their shit at this point?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Today's Mario-themed anniversary Nintendo Direct:

Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy for Switch

AR Mario Kart for Switch (WTF)

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Rage for Switch

Mario-themed Animal Crossing furniture

Mario 35 battle royale game ala Tetris 99

Game and Watch SMB handheld (these will be come collector's items)

What's weird, is all of these things are timed exclusives - is Nintendo really worried about people not buying their shit at this point?

3d All-Stars is limited. Why?!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

Will buy 3d world and 3d all stars day 1. That Mario Kart AR thing looks wild - I think I have to get that

Mario Kart AR will cost 100 quid!

17 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

This is live on the Switch Online SNES app:

1CA4FD10-CFEA-493B-B9AB-772AEFEB8BB2.jpeg

My all-time favorite Mario game - I love the 16-bit remakes of the games, especially SMB2 (aka Super Mario USA)

Control, now that it's finally on Steam.

It's neat so far I guess, even though I dunno wtf is going on. 91 minutes in and I got my ass handed to me by the first boss. The rest of the enemies seem like pushovers in comparison up to this point.