What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

On 9/27/2020 at 2:58 AM, Squee said:

18enqwvbhqw5ygif.gif?w=349&h=196

Fucking LOL

On 9/26/2020 at 9:21 PM, luke viia said:

Both such great games. 

Have you seen the Panzer Dragoon remake? Coming to PC and PS4 "soon." 

It's already out for the Switch, isn't it? Or was that just a port of the original?

On 9/28/2020 at 9:23 AM, Brian Dance said:

Oh boy the Saturn had some great games. NiGHTS and Virtual On both beauties.

Scud, Sonic R, Cyber Speedway, Virtua Cop, Bug!, Mr. Bones, The Horde (Kirk Cameron, LOL), Three Dirty Dwarves...

so many memories ❤️

@Joyrex yessir, Panzer Dragoon Remake is out on the switch as well

anyways.. played through Observation the other day. Definitely wears its influences loud and proud. I loved it, though the controls were tedious at times. Short & sweet. Bout to get into something similar (Bring Us The Moon).

and ahhh that Myst VR edition is a dream come true!

1 hour ago, luke viia said:

Scud, Sonic R, Cyber Speedway, Virtua Cop, Bug!, Mr. Bones, The Horde (Kirk Cameron, LOL), Three Dirty Dwarves...

so many memories ❤️

@Joyrex yessir, Panzer Dragoon Remake is out on the switch as well

anyways.. played through Observation the other day. Definitely wears its influences loud and proud. I loved it, though the controls were tedious at times. Short & sweet. Bout to get into something similar (Bring Us The Moon).

and ahhh that Myst VR edition is a dream come true!

The really cool thing about the Scud game (and other random games of this era) was that you could pop it in a CD player and get extra content. Scud had a Dead Alewives skit about playing D&D.

Played and finished Demon's Souls (2009)
I was actually waiting for the Remake to come to PC, but since it won't I decided to use the RPCS3 PlayStation 3 Emulator to play it on PC. (in 1440p)
The game still looks very good for its age. Also good atmosphere.
Gameplay is okay; You can really see the potential.
It's a good game overall, but in my opinion the first Dark Souls really improved quite a lot over its predecessor.
I hope the remake for the PS5 uses some of the newer gameplay-mechanics and improves some of the weaker boss-fights.
Personally, if I had to rank the Souls-games: Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 1 > Dark Souls 2 & Demon's Souls
I haven't played Bloodborne or Sekiro yet, so I can't compare.

spacer.png

On 10/1/2020 at 12:52 PM, MaartenVC said:

Played and finished Demon's Souls (2009)
I was actually waiting for the Remake to come to PC, but since it won't I decided to use the RPCS3 PlayStation 3 Emulator to play it on PC. (in 1440p)
The game still looks very good for its age. Also good atmosphere.
Gameplay is okay; You can really see the potential.
It's a good game overall, but in my opinion the first Dark Souls really improved quite a lot over its predecessor.
I hope the remake for the PS5 uses some of the newer gameplay-mechanics and improves some of the weaker boss-fights.
Personally, if I had to rank the Souls-games: Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 1 > Dark Souls 2 & Demon's Souls
I haven't played Bloodborne or Sekiro yet, so I can't compare.

spacer.png

What kind of machine specs do you have to run Demon's Souls at 1440P? What kind of framerate are you getting?

Sleeping Dogs, a game I wanted for so long but I kept playing Fallout and GTA. So glad I finally played it, the martial arts fighting is as cinematic as a Jet Li movie.
Plus the racing is top notch, tons of cars to choose from and awesome stunts. Definitely a top game for me

If you're into open world games give this a shot. Graphics still hold up too especially on PC.

Has anyone played Max Payne 3? That's a Rockstar game that I was initially disappointed in bc it wasn't open world, but the story ended up being badass af.
Forever in my memory that one...

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Joyrex said:

What kind of machine specs do you have to run Demon's Souls at 1440P? What kind of framerate are you getting?

I ran it from a laptop. Specs: Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2,8Ghz x4, Nvidea Geforce GTX 1060 Max-Q, 16GB RAM
Framerate was locked at 30. Little to no drops. I read somewhere there is a way to get 60 fps.
Only the environmental sound did some weird things from time to time.

3 hours ago, MaartenVC said:

I ran it from a laptop. Specs: Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2,8Ghz x4, Nvidea Geforce GTX 1060 Max-Q, 16GB RAM
Framerate was locked at 30. Little to no drops. I read somewhere there is a way to get 60 fps.
Only the environmental sound did some weird things from time to time.

Yeh with those specs you could certainly get 60+ fps on demons souls. Wonder why it’s locked at 30?
Probably easy to edit a registry file to unlock it tbh. Edit: wait actually I forgot this is an emulator I don’t have much exp with those. Was it still enjoyable at 30fps?

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

14 hours ago, headplastic said:

Has anyone played Max Payne 3? That's a Rockstar game that I was initially disappointed in bc it wasn't open world, but the story ended up being badass af.

Max Payne 3 is the best one. Not sure why you're talking about it being disappointing due to not being open world — neither of the prior games were open world.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Yeh with those specs you could certainly get 60+ fps on demons souls. Wonder why it’s locked at 30?
Probably easy to edit a registry file to unlock it tbh. Edit: wait actually I forgot this is an emulator I don’t have much exp with those. Was it still enjoyable at 30fps?

Instructions on setting up RPSC3 & Demon's Souls:
https://www.reddit.com/r/demonssouls/comments/8ejkbx/guide_for_setting_up_demon_souls_on_a_ps3_emulator/

Original post on how to get 60fps in Demon's Souls:
https://rpcs3.net/blog/2019/08/12/new-demons-souls-60fps-patch/

Here are some extra mods you might want to consider:
https://www.nexusmods.com/demonssouls?tab=popular+(all+time)
I recommend "Lens Flare Fix for RPCS3 and Depth of Field disabled", "High Resolution Font" & "Gray outline removal"

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MaartenVC said:

Instructions on setting up RPSC3 & Demon's Souls:
https://www.reddit.com/r/demonssouls/comments/8ejkbx/guide_for_setting_up_demon_souls_on_a_ps3_emulator/

Original post on how to get 60fps in Demon's Souls:
https://rpcs3.net/blog/2019/08/12/new-demons-souls-60fps-patch/

Here are some extra mods you might want to consider:
https://www.nexusmods.com/demonssouls?tab=popular+(all+time)
I recommend "Lens Flare Fix for RPCS3 and Depth of Field disabled", "High Resolution Font" & "Gray outline removal"

? 

I finally beat the West boss in Hyper Light Drifter after dying an endless amount of times. I didn't realize there were upgrades available to buy in the town, and then didn't buy the dash one once I did, which would have helped a lot. Now working on the North.

• Like 1

I think I got used to inverse controls when flying in mario odyssey and now that I'm playing sunshine with regular controls of the fludd I can't fucking do it. I guess I'm dyslexic. 

10 hours ago, yekker said:

I think I got used to inverse controls when flying in mario odyssey and now that I'm playing sunshine with regular controls of the fludd I can't fucking do it. I guess I'm dyslexic. 

Perfectly normal, you'll adapt to it in time.

It just might take you a bit longer than normal people. ?

• Haha 1