IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

56 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Goddamn last boss in Blashphemous NG+ Fuuuuu.... he was so easy in the first run!

Debla completely destroys him... with the right build (i take it you mean his 2nd form).

1 hour ago, jaderpansen said:

Debla completely destroys him... with the right build (i take it you mean his 2nd form).

Using Debla, coupled with ink and miracle for longer prayer duration and buffs for faster prayers and invincibility during bile flask use.

It's actually his first form that gets me the most - when he does the purple flames, it's 3 hits and I'm gone. Yeah, patterns n' shit but in OG game, he was a pushover (as well as his second form) - has a LOT more HP this time around.

Also using trick of leaving guilt avatar so you get a free refill on the fervour bar during phase 2.

Going for the true ending by having the corrupted pearl (weight of total sin) equipped and have beat all the guilt statue challenges.

Beat the Cyberdemon in DOOM (2016) last night and thought the fight from the original was much harder. The bullet hell approach was cool though. Plus it glitched on me when he went down so that I couldn't glory kill him so had to do it again.

• Like 1

Just started Duskers a few days ago and it's growing on me. It's like the dream outer space survival horror/strategy game the late 80s/early 90s never had. Anyone who does coding or programming for a living should feel right at home with the UI as well.

4 hours ago, Joyrex said:

It's actually his first form that gets me the most - when he does the purple flames, it's 3 hits and I'm gone. Yeah, patterns n' shit but in OG game, he was a pushover (as well as his second form) - has a LOT more HP this time around.

Ye not much you can do except getting gud (jump, duck, rinse, repeat) and equipping Amethyst & Bell. I'd also recommend Saeta as prayer to be able to keep your flasks til phase 2.

You can do it! I believe in you!

image.jpeg.21d42dd0c31d46ab66d207dbea0af482.jpeg

I beat Hyper Light Drifter, but there are still doors I can't open. I don't really understand why. *shrugs*

I don't have my PS4 hooked up, so working my way through Steam/Epic Games Store games. Next is either Kentucky Route Zero, Superliminal, or Untitled Goose Game.

Edited by onecaseman
  • Like 3

On 10/3/2020 at 8:43 AM, oscillik said:

Max Payne 3 is the best one. Not sure why you're talking about it being disappointing due to not being open world — neither of the prior games were open world.

I just saw open world being a trend at the time, plus I didn't play the first two - The grit of max payne 3 was glorious....

59 minutes ago, onecaseman said:

I beat Hyper Light Drifter, but there are still doors I can't open. I don't really understand why. *shrugs*

I don't have my PS4 hooked up, so working my way through Steam/Epic Games Store games. Next is either Kentucky Route Zero, Superliminal, or Untitled Goose Game.

I think you need to find all the hidden cubes to open all the doors. Some are pretty tough to find.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, headplastic said:

I just saw open world being a trend at the time, plus I didn't play the first two - The grit of max payne 3 was glorious....

Max Payne 1 and 2 are really good. I fully recommend playing them.

• Like 2

Since the PS5 is launching soon (November 12th) I made a list of PS5 launch-titles.

Console-Exclusive Playstation 5 (PS5) Games at Launch:

Releasing next year or later:

Timed-Exclusive Playstation 5 (PS5) Games at Launch: (will be released on PC / other consoles +-1 year later)

Non-Exclusive Playstation 5 (PS5) Games at Launch: (are released at the same time on PC / other consoles)

•  all the other games: Outriders, Hogwarts Legacy, Atomic Heart, Dragon Age 4, Elder Scrolls 6, Starfield, Chivalry 2, Resident Evil: Village, Hitman 3, Balan Wonderworld, WRC 9, Pragmata, Battlefield 6, Immortals Fenyx Rising, Far Cry 6,...
  • Like 2

Baldurs Gate III in a couple of hours on, according to this thread, "fuck EA".
Played "DUSK", big fun. Kinda Doom shooter.
Always playing ArmA, 1.5k hrs in.

Edited by Guest

I think most of those titles are headed to current gen consoles (PS4/Pro) as well?

I'm not really sold on the PS5 yet, especiall the lack of cross gen compability, when XBOX are so eager to give you the upgraded experience for free. Not even savegames carrying over is quite the facepalm. Something about the fugly PS5 design reminds me of the launch red ring of death xbox 360's, then you have covid 19 and a rush to get the machines done for launch (ie lack of quality control) on top of that. My hunch is telling me faulty machines and jet engine noise levels from that first batch of next gen consoles (same goes for Series X tbh). I've always gotten the launch editions, but this time round I'm sitting it out and massaging my backlog.

Edited by Silent Member

2 hours ago, Silent Member said:

I think most of those titles are headed to current gen consoles (PS4/Pro) as well?

I'm not really sold on the PS5 yet, especiall the lack of cross gen compability, when XBOX are so eager to give you the upgraded experience for free. Not even savegames carrying over is quite the facepalm. Something about the fugly PS5 design reminds me of the launch red ring of death xbox 360's, then you have covid 19 and a rush to get the machines done for launch (ie lack of quality control) on top of that. My hunch is telling me faulty machines and jet engine noise levels from that first batch of next gen consoles (same goes for Series X tbh). I've always gotten the launch editions, but this time round I'm sitting it out and massaging my backlog.

The reviews say the PS5 is remarkably silent actually. Apparently, saves crossing over is work that has to be done by the developer. But it sounds like a bunch aren't doing it, which is annoying.

I'm going to wait until Horizon: Forbidden West comes out to buy a PS5, but I have to admit their game slate looks pretty impressive.

• Like 1

Been enjoying good tea amidst stormy weather to Red Dead 2 online the last few days. Wish there was more incentive to meet players on the map though.

2 hours ago, cloud capture said:

tomorrow is the first big update for the dreams daw:

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/06/dreams-the-music-update-launches-tomorrow/

I bought Dreams in early  access. The handling for sculpting is so odd with just the controller– do you use the Move controllers? Making music in Dreams seems like such a headache when I can just sit down and have fun with Renoise.. ?

Got mosaic mode on Switch going with some of the nieces & nephews, pretty cool.  Turning the top Switch horizontally makes a waterfall for fishing, putting all 4 Switches in a square creates the ocean.

mosaic1.jpg

mosaic2.jpg

• Like 2