IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

1 minute ago, chronical said:

It wasn't made by incompetent devs tho ?

I wouldn't call Molyneux, Romero and Braben incompetent..

Just now, zkom said:

I wouldn't call Molyneux, Romero and Braben incompetent..

Okay yeah, might be a bit of prejudice from Duke Nukem there. I remember playing that on launch day and wondering where the development process shit the bed. I just remember playing Witcher 3 which they constantly worked on after launch, even giving their UI/menu a complete makeover which they didn't have to do. 

15 minutes ago, chronical said:

Okay yeah, might be a bit of prejudice from Duke Nukem there. I remember playing that on launch day and wondering where the development process shit the bed. I just remember playing Witcher 3 which they constantly worked on after launch, even giving their UI/menu a complete makeover which they didn't have to do. 

And I'm not saying it will be a bad game, like some of the games I listed are actually ok or good games, it's just really hard to live up to the hype when it grows too big. And the amount of hype around Cyberpunk 2077 is getting ridiculous. I went to shop for clothes on weekend and the clothing store had bunch of Cyberpunk 2077 hoodies and t-shirts. And this was no gaming store, just a regular clothing shop. And even I know about the release and I haven't followed gaming press for like a decade. It's just fucking everywhere.

TBH, the game seemed interesting years ago when I first heard about it, because I played the tabletop RPG Cyberpunk 2020 back in the day both as a GM and a PC and cyberpunk is maybe my favorite literary genre, but I've been watching the mounting hype with increasing dread.

19 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

dunno about cp2077. looks like it's gonna be too "bad ass" for my tastes. still kinda curious.

The Cyberpunk 2020 tabletop game was all about bad assery, like Escape from New York meets Bladerunner meets Neuromancer. The whole of US is under martial law and the constitution is suspended, basically because there's just too much crime and gang violence. And the standard setting is Night City which is a lawless wasteland for most parts run by corrupt megacorps and mafia. Of course playing it at age 12 it didn't feel that ridiculous.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, zkom said:

Escape from New York

one of my all time favs and admittedly indeed very prototypical bad ass... but dunno. what i meant was a kinda almost borderlandish forced way... probably just general weariness. anyway i'll check it out fo sho, deal maker / breaker in the end is actual gameplay oc.

Just about finished Spiderman Miles Morales. Short game as far as story missions go, but a lot of side missions to finish yet. I keep switching between 60fps mode and Pretty Ray-Tracing mode. I think I like Pretty mode best but swinging around the city at 60fps feels great.

Just got finished playing miles morales. Fucking love the game, the length wasnt a problem since long games tend to lose my attention after a while. I am now replaying spiderman shattered dimensions wich is underrated AF

59 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

I pre-ordered Cyberpunk 2077 back in April, but I agree that the amount of hype around it is reaching levels of absurdity. I just hope it'll live up to it.

I’m going to upgrade my monitor and vidja card + wait for reviews and stuff before buying it but I’m pretty hyped for it. I just hope with all the delays it’s properly optimized and not rife with fps destroying bugs like most games have on release these days ?

Just finished Katana Zero last night. Fucking awesome. Word is that this was programmed by one guy which, if so, is pretty nuts. 

People seemed to slag the story as being too short/simple ... or something. I don't get that at all as, besides the excellent gameplay and inventive level design, the story actually moved me. 

A great 4-5 hour little indie, hoping for DLC to resolve the ending. 

81oG087ayYL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by T3551ER
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, T3551ER said:

Just finished Katana Zero last night. Fucking awesome. Word is that this was programmed by one guy which, if so, is pretty nuts. 

People seemed to slag the story as being too short/simple ... or something. I don't get that at all as, besides the excellent gameplay and inventive level design, the story actually moved me. 

A great 4-5 hour little indie, hoping for DLC to resolve the ending. 

81oG087ayYL._SL1500_.jpg

Can also recommend this game. Check out this dude's speedrun.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, iococoi said:

very original ...

Shiiiiit, I did that as a kid!

Also - no lies - I'll trade rare AFX (DFN, London, Field Day, and Manchester) for a PS5 with extra controller and Demon's Souls :dadjoke:

9 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Also - no lies - I'll trade rare AFX (DFN, London, Field Day, and Manchester) for a PS5 with extra controller and Demon's Souls :dadjoke:

Is it really that hard to get the new consoles now? I bought mine when the preorders opened and got it on release and that's it.

I love that Amazon delivery drivers were stealing PS5s or replacing them with cat litter before handing off the box.

9 hours ago, Squee said:

Is it really that hard to get the new consoles now? I bought mine when the preorders opened and got it on release and that's it.

I love that Amazon delivery drivers were stealing PS5s or replacing them with cat litter before handing off the box.

Been trying since the preorders - don't know how common it is overseas, but in the US there are rings of resellers using bots to buy up stock as soon as it is available, and then selling at 2x 3x retail price.

Best Buy in the US has already said they will have no more stock until the new year

Walmart (ugh) is offering them today at 9PM ET but as before, it will sell out in seconds and their website will shit the bed with the overload.

Other retailers are offering "bundles" forcing you to buy extra items at cost, typically $100+ or more than the base price of the console and even those sell out almost instantly too.

I've resigned myself to just having to wait until the hype dies down (if it does; the Switch demand when it first came out was insane and lasted months here past the holiday season). 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I've resigned myself to just having to wait until the hype dies down (if it does; the Switch demand when it first came out was insane and lasted months here past the holiday season). 

Me too - I want to a) wait for my titles and b) see if the first gen has any major issues (like the old x box ring of death or something ?‍♂️)

23 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Me too - I want to a) wait for my titles and b) see if the first gen has any major issues (like the old x box ring of death or something ?‍♂️)

This is how I usually do it. Wait until something shitty happens and they work out the kinks. With distancing in manufacturing and assembly this year, I'd be surprised if there are no issues.

Plus, I still have some last gen games I want to finish before moving on.

41 minutes ago, Braintree said:

This is how I usually do it. Wait until something shitty happens and they work out the kinks. With distancing in manufacturing and assembly this year, I'd be surprised if there are no issues.

Plus, I still have some last gen games I want to finish before moving on.

That's the compelling thing about these consoles though - you can finish your backlog better looking than ever! I actually have a lot of games like God of War I want to replay at 4K/60, etc.

7 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

That's the compelling thing about these consoles though - you can finish your backlog better looking than ever! I actually have a lot of games like God of War I want to replay at 4K/60, etc.

Yeah, if your tv handles it, that's a good reason. Mine is an old ass Panasonic that caps at 720p.

Edited by Braintree
  • Sad 1

Prodeus (early access) user maps

Duskers (at night - need to buy a light-up keyboard so I can play in full darkness)

Synthetik (why is this game so addictive)

I'm thinking about getting back into NES & SNES emulators too. Recommendations welcome.

1 hour ago, ambermonke said:

Prodeus (early access) user maps

Duskers (at night - need to buy a light-up keyboard so I can play in full darkness)

Synthetik (why is this game so addictive)

I'm thinking about getting back into NES & SNES emulators too. Recommendations welcome.

I've always used zsnes emulator for snes ?

• Thanks 1

Anyone have thoughts on Hades? Bastion was a lot of fun and I hear this one is good. Hopefully it comes to xbox marketplace as my computer probably won't run it.