IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

17 hours ago, zlwwlz said:

There is a good deal on doom eternal right now, which is my next stop, after finishing the Witcher 3 and all it expansions on deathmarch I need some pure mindless gore.

I will wait playing Cyberpunk at least a year. Looks great though.

Still haven't played Witcher 3 but have heard nothing but good things about it. Hopefully a year from now most of the bugs in Cyberpunk will be ironed out. (It's ready to go on my PC but I've been holding off this week due to my work schedule)

2 hours ago, MaartenVC said:

Watched the Game Awards 2020 yesterday.
What a Joke. ?

I guess they were doing a YT live stream yesterday but I completely ignored it lol

• Like 1

Disco Elysium is so good. Excellent writing, art, and music, and the characters and narrative are so well realized and memorable. For a game that seems at first so cynical it has a lot of heart too - I ended up really caring about the characters and the politics of the game world.

Now playing Paradise Killer and Wasteland 3 and they're both really good so far. Can't get enough of deduction and dystopia

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Boxus said:

Disco Elysium is so good. Excellent writing, art, and music, and the characters and narrative are so well realized and memorable. For a game that seems at first so cynical it has a lot of heart too - I ended up really caring about the characters and the politics of the game world.

Now playing Paradise Killer and Wasteland 3 and they're both really good so far. Can't get enough of deduction and dystopia

The devs just recently added full Voice-Acting to Disco Elysium in the latest patch/free upgrade. (and more story and characters)

Edited by MaartenVC
  • Like 1

Finally got around to Cyberpunk...2.6 hrs in. The upgrades look complex as shit and it'll take me a while to figure everything out...but damn is it immersive. Surprisingly not as buggy as I expected - only noticeable bug I encountered so far is when Jackie very slightly bumped a locker as he walked and caused all the contents to violently burst out and cause the doors to flap. I think this was right after I rescued that naked chick from the ice water bathtub for Trauma Team extraction.

The whole vibe feels like a perfectly crafted dystopian jungle - like there's clearly overlap between GTA and Deus Ex story elements, but somehow feels less civilized and more chaotic than both, packaged into one big Darwinian struggle.

I just hope the game doesn't get too imposing about the stealth approach. I prefer to tear shit up.

7 hours ago, ambermonke said:

Finally got around to Cyberpunk...2.6 hrs in. The upgrades look complex as shit and it'll take me a while to figure everything out...but damn is it immersive. Surprisingly not as buggy as I expected - only noticeable bug I encountered so far is when Jackie very slightly bumped a locker as he walked and caused all the contents to violently burst out and cause the doors to flap. I think this was right after I rescued that naked chick from the ice water bathtub for Trauma Team extraction.

The whole vibe feels like a perfectly crafted dystopian jungle - like there's clearly overlap between GTA and Deus Ex story elements, but somehow feels less civilized and more chaotic than both, packaged into one big Darwinian struggle.

I just hope the game doesn't get too imposing about the stealth approach. I prefer to tear shit up.

Seems like the devs are patching the game daily, fixing a lot of stuff. That's very good to hear.
I have full confidence that they'll be able to make the game optimised and almost completely bug-free in the coming month(s).
The user-scores on Steam and Metacritic started low but keep going up with each day passed.

Looking forward to fully immerse myself in this unique chaotic atmosphere a lot of players talk about.

I heard that rushing in guns blazing becomes quite a viable tactic once you unlock the right perks.

Edited by MaartenVC

24 minutes ago, thumbass said:

Anyone have cyberpunk on the normal ps4? It seems too look like shit which is a shame since i wanted to buy it.

Yeah, also curious about watmmers playing this on the pro? I read about some pop ins, does it mess with the experience or is it fine overall?

Edited by Berk

4 hours ago, MaartenVC said:

Seems like the devs are patching the game daily, fixing a lot of stuff. That's very good to hear.
I have full confidence that they'll be able to make the game optimised and almost completely bug-free in the coming month(s).
The user-scores on Steam and Metacritic started low but keep going up with each day passed.

Looking forward to fully immerse myself in this unique chaotic atmosphere a lot of players talk about.

I heard that rushing in guns blazing becomes quite a viable tactic once you unlock the right perks.

That's exactly the play style I'm hoping to go in with. Another thing worth noting is that skills levels increase as you actually use them, much like Skyrim.

23 hours ago, ambermonke said:

Surprisingly not as buggy as I expected - only noticeable bug I encountered so far is when Jackie very slightly bumped a locker as he walked and caused all the contents to violently burst out and cause the doors to flap. I think this was right after I rescued that naked chick from the ice water bathtub for Trauma Team extraction.

I experienced the exact same thing.

• Thanks 1

I've played about 4 hours of Cyberpunk and boy is it a bit overwhelming - and underwhelming. I have people that I don't know calling me out of nowhere telling me they've got a job for me, the hacking system is poorly explained (had to watch two horrendous Youtube videos explaining the system), and hacking in general is a bit underwhelming. It's easier to just throw a grenade or shoot people in the face and the repercussions for doing that are zero to none.

All the trailers had me worried the voice acting would end up being mostly people going, "Ah, dios mio! Chupa mi pendejo, bitches" and "fuck yeah, bro", and I was mostly right. I know it's cyberpunk and it's looking over its shoulders back at the 80s in some ways, but given how grimy and horrible the world is I would loved for some more toned down dialog. Not as toned down as The Last of Us, but something that makes the world a bit more gritty.

I'm thinking about waiting to play any more until they patch it further, because I'm sure there's a great game somewhere underneath all of this.

• Like 2

What's most frustrating for me rn is the extra hoops we have to jump through just to mark active quests. Instead of pressing a single key like most open-world games, I have to hit the Call key and then manually navigate the Journal menu, which is just stupid.

I'm just over 4 hours in myself. One famous YouTuber mentioned that the most effective tactic is to go in guns blazing, while hacking is basically a gimmick and the stealth approach makes the game boring. I'm pretty much in agreement. Cool atmosphere and soundtrack overall though.

But I still don't think this game was quite ready for launch in its current state. So what if CDPR had to delay it again if that meant ironing out the bugs?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

But I still don't think this game was quite ready for launch in its current state. So what if CDPR had to delay it again if that meant ironing out the bugs?

Gotta hit those Christmas sales!

• Burger 1

Also, the random NPC dialog makes it feel like a game from 2007. Most of idle dialog will be along the line of "Fuck off, jerk-off" and "I'm so hung-over" and the character won't even be animating as this is being said. Makes me want to go back and play Red Dead Redemption 2.

• Burger 1

Demons Souls on PS5.

quite challenging ?

Completed 18% so far (been playing since launch day) - after about 20 hours of play to start with, I was still on 0% ? - you gotta git gud though and it becomes a bit easier and dying becomes second nature ?

Strangely enjoyable considering how tough it is.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 4:27 PM, DavieAddison said:

Finally getting back to Miles Morales after playing tons of Astro's Playroom. Sackboy is pretty fun as well.

Should I pick up Demon Souls if I haven't played any of those games except like 20 minutes of Bloodbourne?

I hadn’t played any of their games before this and was shocked at the difficulty to begin with. I honestly was going to give up having completed 0% after 20 hours of playing!!

I stuck with it though and admit to resorting to a few YouTube videos to get me going and now I’m really enjoying it. There is a lot to the game that doesn’t AFAIK ever get explained to you in the game (world tendency, player tendency etc) which might make completing all the trophies difficult if that’s your thing and you can make things really difficult for yourself if you don’t keep the materials you need for certain weapons etc. Lots of farming to grind through and lots to frustrate but I was genuinely shaking a little from adrenaline after finally killing my first boss ?

Each level has me going from ‘fuck this, it’s impossible, I’ll never do this etc’ to ‘Ha ha!!! Fuck you A-Hole!! You didn’t like that did you, gimme that shit!’ ?

Okay. I just put a couple of more hours into Cyberpunk. This game is finally starting to click for me.

Useful hotkeys on PC that don't appear customizable in the keybind menu:

M for Map
I for Inventory
J for Journal (active jobs)

Wiped out that Maelstrom gang for the main story and snagged the Militech bot. Now doing NCPD jobs on the side so I can stack up enough scratch to pay off Viktor (the Ripperdoc). So that means massacring random gang cells with a katana, looting their corpses, selling said loot, collect NCPD payment, rinse and repeat. I like this formula.

EDIT: Oof. Just recovering from an emotional gut punch from one of the main story missions after shit went south (scripted events). If this game didn't get me hooked before, I am now. I did encounter a couple of more bugs though.

EDIT II: Turns out gangbangers from districts outside of Kabuki and Watson are way tougher and can one-shot you. So I guess I should do more main story missions first to level up.

Edited by ambermonke