IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Downloaded the Ghostrunner demo. Couldn't get the hang of the controls. Kept dying near instantly. Having a bad run with hard games. 

Started Gorogoa on PS4 and downloaded The Last Campfire too (from No Man's Sky devs). Still waiting on a PS5 to play Miles Morales.

god damn I regret getting into Warframe. I laughed at WoW players for years and then got sucked into this shit, joke's on me.

31 minutes ago, onecaseman said:

Downloaded the Ghostrunner demo. Couldn't get the hang of the controls. Kept dying near instantly. Having a bad run with hard games. 

try Ruiner next to solidify this experience and then finish with Devil Daggers to give up on life entirely.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Many PS4 games have free upgrades that put them at 4K/60 or higher, and the PS Plus Collection for PS5 has some of the best PS4 games available if you have a PSN subscription.

As for dedicated PS5 games... yes, things are a bit slim - Spider Man: Miles Morales is excellent as is the Demon's Souls remake on PS5.

sounds sweet! i didn't have the luxury of owning a ps4 pro (peasant base level console for me) so that should tide me over until the big titles start dropping.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, onecaseman said:

Started Gorogoa on PS4 and downloaded The Last Campfire too (from No Man's Sky devs). Still waiting on a PS5 to play Miles Morales.

I bought the full game but haven't played it yet. I have a bad habit of this when it comes to Steam purchases. I'm guessing it's a Souls-like then? One of the best I've played in recent years is Hyper Light Drifter.

I had to do a fresh restart on Fallout: New Vegas recently because of bullshit corrupted quicksave & autosave files. So this time I'm doing another run with autosave on travel only, but otherwise only manual saves just before ending play sessions. Apparently save files can get corrupted over time if overwritten too frequently, so quicksaving is out from now on. As much as I love this game, it isn't without its jank.

1 hour ago, ambermonke said:

I bought the full game but haven't played it yet. I have a bad habit of this when it comes to Steam purchases. I'm guessing it's a Souls-like then? One of the best I've played in recent years is Hyper Light Drifter.

I had to do a fresh restart on Fallout: New Vegas recently because of bullshit corrupted quicksave & autosave files. So this time I'm doing another run with autosave on travel only, but otherwise only manual saves just before ending play sessions. Apparently save files can get corrupted over time if overwritten too frequently, so quicksaving is out from now on. As much as I love this game, it isn't without its jank.

I beat Hyper Light Drifter. I did enjoy that. Got it for free from Epic Games Store.

Ghostrunner is first person wall running and killing. Like a modern Mirror's Edge with a sword. It moves too fast for me.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 11:56 AM, Joyrex said:

Keep in mind though, so far it's only NES/SNES - no N64, no GameCube or Wii/Wii U and Nintendo is providing these for play; you do not download these to your system and requires a Nintendo Online subscription to play them. The positive aspect is you don't pay extra for them (beyond the NO subscription).

You can play Switch Online classic games for 7 days offline, but you still need an active account:

https://m.goliath.com/gaming/nintendo-switch-online-nes-games-can-be-played-offline-but-only-for-7-days/

On 2/22/2021 at 11:55 PM, onecaseman said:

Goroga is a fantastic/concise game. It had my girlfriend and I captivated as we played it through in one sitting.

Also I recommended it a page ago but I just beat Creaks and highly recommend it. Gorgeous and well designed puzzler.

Last campfire looks like I would enjoy it but it's not yet available on steam. Assuming it's exclusive to epic or another store? Lame. Luckily I'm a "#patientgamer" lol and will just play it some day when it comes to steam

Edited by markedone

2 hours ago, markedone said:

Goroga is a fantastic/concise game. It had my girlfriend and I captivated as we played it through in one sitting.

Also I recommended it a page ago but I just beat Creaks and highly recommend it. Gorgeous and well designed puzzler.

Last campfire looks like I would enjoy it but it's not yet available on steam. Assuming it's exclusive to epic or another store? Lame. Luckily I'm a "#patientgamer" lol and will just play it some day when it comes to steam

I bought it on PS4, but I missed the sale that's happening on it. I use both Epic and Steam. Don't really understand Steam loyalty.

Unrelated, I was finally able to snag a PS5. Feel like the bundle is kind of a ripoff, but I got Miles Morales with it. Should come in two weeks.

8 hours ago, onecaseman said:

. I use both Epic and Steam. Don't really understand Steam loyalty.

Was discussed earlier in this thread iirc, but for me it's not a loyalty thing. Steam is just where all my library is so it would be annoying to have a separate launcher for one or two "other" games. I barely play games as it is, I'm mostly just catching up on games i bought and haven't got around to playing, or replaying classics, so it makes sense to use steam to browse and launch and chat with friends. Plus you can load games downloaded from Gog (another storefront) into steam so those play nice together

• Like 1

Finally done with DOOM Eternal. Some of the encounters in the last level were actually difficult and fun, but the final boss was mostly annoying. In fact, most of the boss fights in the game are mostly annoying. I have a lot of gripes but it's not a bad game. I'm watching John Romero play the first levels and it feels like a different game at the beginning.

Moving on to DEADBOLT and Return of the Obra Dinn next.

18 hours ago, markedone said:

Was discussed earlier in this thread iirc, but for me it's not a loyalty thing. Steam is just where all my library is so it would be annoying to have a separate launcher for one or two "other" games. I barely play games as it is, I'm mostly just catching up on games i bought and haven't got around to playing, or replaying classics, so it makes sense to use steam to browse and launch and chat with friends. Plus you can load games downloaded from Gog (another storefront) into steam so those play nice together

ya I don't get the loyalty thing but Steam is the main place I buy games, it's convenient, biggest library, etc. Still I'd highly recommend having Epic too since they give away so much free shit, I've scratched a ton of games off my steam wishlist because they showed up as Epic freebies.

32 minutes ago, Boxus said:

ya I don't get the loyalty thing but Steam is the main place I buy games, it's convenient, biggest library, etc. Still I'd highly recommend having Epic too since they give away so much free shit, I've scratched a ton of games off my steam wishlist because they showed up as Epic freebies.

This has been really nice from Epic. Tons of quality free games over the last year and a half. I also like that they charge developers less in fees.

Unrelated, beat the first section of The Last Campfire. Gives me some N64 Zelda vibes in terms of how the world is structured, though the gameplay is a lot simpler.

• Like 1

DEADBOLT is pretty fun. It's a lot like Gunpoint. I like the goofy spooky universe it's in. Zombies and vampires are in gangs.

Started rdr online, it's really grindy, but it's nice to walk around in the beautiful scenery again. Somehow the grindiness can be nice if you just want to mindlessly tick off some challenges and reap gold

Started the ff7 remake too. It's really good.

I've been playing BoTW, SSB4, & Mario Kart 8 on my PC. Cemu is fantastic once it's configured correctly. It took a while to gather what the best settings were, but it's very, very smooth now. You can even get online on the official Nintendo servers. Still some infrequent Smash emulation issues but I'm sure they'll get fixed soon. It's great way to experience these games and render at higher resolutions. BoTW really needs to be played at 60FPS. It's too bad Nintendo are all about novelty and gimmicks these days with its hardware. Maybe next generation will get a remaster that will release it proper. Getting good on Master mode.. difficult, but the DLC gear (Phantom armor, Majora's mask) make it bearable.

Other then that some occasional CoD, usually hardcore Search & Destroy.

• Like 2