IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

9 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

Oh dear, I was so happy with having killed all bosses with all characters about a year back.. I feel I almost have to go back..

I know! This is gonna hurt...

9 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

Oh dear, I was so happy with having killed all bosses with all characters about a year back.. I feel I almost have to go back..

I can't bring myself to update it. Once I beat Delirium with The Lost a couple times, I just said fuck it. I have music to make.

• Haha 1

71l0XJ2EVnL._SX425_.jpg

saw this as part of a "bundle" for the PS classic and was going to get it until i watched the gameplay footage ?

twdO2oD_ANj9GmY_6ZgHw4Mu8f-_wVx3FgvdIEHe

DKsU-RsgZmlmiVTp9T7nkbNXV4iROQEt9Hd7nkWX

fun shooters

Edited by Nebraska

Still playing thru random user maps in Prodeus. I hope the campaign gets finished this year so the game can be out of early access. I dare say it's basically Doom but better.

19 hours ago, Nebraska said:

71l0XJ2EVnL._SX425_.jpg

saw this as part of a "bundle" for the PS classic and was going to get it until i watched the gameplay footage ?

twdO2oD_ANj9GmY_6ZgHw4Mu8f-_wVx3FgvdIEHe

DKsU-RsgZmlmiVTp9T7nkbNXV4iROQEt9Hd7nkWX

fun shooters

So they cut out the mini game where you get a handie in the bathroom?

7 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Looks like a RUINER clone...

The isometric 3D configuration might suggest that. But gameplay-wise it's a different animal. Ruiner was more-or-less a cyberpunk Dark Souls. Synthetik is much more tactical in nature.

On 4/1/2021 at 3:31 PM, Squee said:

I feel like such a douche for promoting this... but... hi... hello... a game I'm doing the music and sound design for is on Kickstarter and things are going pretty well. Elijah Wood and Patton Oswalt have picked up on it on Twtter which really gave us a boost in the right direction.

It's a stop motion platformer. Everything is made by hand. The soundtrack will be released by iam8bit - a double vinyl and digital of course. Hope you like ambient.

260133e8b3639d7182ecc72f7bd715bf_origina

Here are some early snippets/demos of what you can expect from the soundtrack

We done did it!

• Like 2

I just beat* the new final final final boss of Isaac, The Beast, and observed what is effectively the true ending of the game/series. in spite of whatever gripes people have with the gameplay (and there are many now after Repentance, the entire game has been rebalanced and a lot of pre-existing items have been nerfed), the game has great lore. I always felt like there's great material here for a full length horror movie.

* this, as usual, was purely down to luck. I had a shit build going and it was only through acquiring Ludovico Technique at the last minute that I was able to focus on dodging hazards in final boss arena while doing continuous damage.

Ive got to say, nerfing the occasional outrageously powerful builds you would get in isaac really rips away what made me play it for over 700 hours back in the day.

I used to restart weak builds on floor 3 quite often, its just not that fun slogging your way through enemies that take a minute a room to chip away at.

Thats why the Lost was my favourite character, you either go big or you get hit twice and die.

Edited by pcock

^ exactly. the best part of the game was getting some insane build that you couldn't predict. now I'm finding at least 7 runs out of 10 are non-starters. idk, Edmund Miller has been at pains to point out that there's simply a new meta which will take time to learn, but after nearly 700 hours in the game myself also, I can't be bothered learning it. tbh I'm waiting until mods are re-enabled and so I can go in with big guns blazing. I just want my 100% back.

Outriders - man, having a blast with this one. Was a little skeptical given the initial server outage issues but other than sometimes getting stuck on the "logged in" screen for a while, no technical issues. 

I like that this game doesn't seem to punish you for not having 4000 hours to game. I haven't gotten too far, but the ability to respec with almost no cost, plus the ability to drop down difficult tiers (with less rare loot as a consequence) is a godsend. As a parent who is working full time and in school I don't have the time to dedicate to the minutia of gaming like I used to, so the QOL aspects are great. Its like... I get to have fun playing instead of having it be a 2nd job. 

The flow of combat is excellent too. The devs are sole original Gears peeps (iirc) and you can feel it in the cover mechanic, and things like the sniper behavior. But upgrades there too (love the hold x to automatically move forward to cover). Great mix of abilities and weapons, and every time I've died repeatedly has just left me tinkering with my build to figure out different approaches to combat. 

I paid but if you are on Xbox think its on Game Pass for free. Which is nuts as this is a ton of fun, and worth paying for. 

Only major wtf: no pause menu/always online. Cool if you're playing online but (again) as a dad and solo player its a fucking pita to not be able to pause a game here in 2021. 

Finally got around to trying The Outer Worlds. Only got about one hour in so far but I feel like I'm already bored with it for some reason.

All I care about anymore is playing games that let you wreck shit/tear shit up with minimal dialog/story bullshit, as crude as that sounds.