IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

12 hours ago, ambermonke said:

Metroid Fusion is awesome. Haven't played it in ages though. The dev team nailed the creepy atmosphere.

Now I wish I had my old GBA just so I can play it and Zero Mission again.

Emulators!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Been playing Persona 5 Royal the past few days. Got like halfway through the original (which is like 50 hours) and it's great starting over, there's so many little things they changed. Also it looks better, guess it's running at checkerboarded 4K downsampled to 2K on my monitor (with a PS4 Pro). Love the artstyle, makes me want to hang out in Shibuya ? 

12 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

Any PS5 heads pick up Returnal yet? Thinking about grabbing it but the (at least current) lack of autosave makes me nervy....

Returnal seems fun but seeing the 85$ pricetag on my store end makes me shudder. Don't have a PS5 so can't help there 

• Like 1

^yeah, ouch. Also, it's actually the "fun" part that I'm most on the fence about. W/ limited time and whatnot a bullet hell roguelike seems like it could be just another job, ya know? Reviews are through the roof tho... probably pick it up on inevitable sale at some point.... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

^yeah, ouch. Also, it's actually the "fun" part that I'm most on the fence about. W/ limited time and whatnot a bullet hell roguelike seems like it could be just another job, ya know? Reviews are through the roof tho... probably pick it up on inevitable sale at some point.... 

It looks awesome, but still can't get my hands on a PS5. And think i would play Resident Evil Village first if I did manage to get one.

1 hour ago, T3551ER said:

Any PS5 heads pick up Returnal yet? Thinking about grabbing it but the (at least current) lack of autosave makes me nervy....

Waiting for the price (drop) - want to play it bad but 70USD is steep - I liked it when Housemarque made 20 buck games

• Like 1

@onecasemanmmm, fair point. Biohazard was such a good game - somehow keep forgetting Village is around the corner. 

@Joyrexikr! Pretty nuts that games are inching closer to 100$ than $50 these days (at least on next gen)...

5 hours ago, chronical said:

Been playing Persona 5 Royal the past few days. Got like halfway through the original (which is like 50 hours) and it's great starting over, there's so many little things they changed. Also it looks better, guess it's running at checkerboarded 4K downsampled to 2K on my monitor (with a PS4 Pro). Love the artstyle, makes me want to hang out in Shibuya ? 

Yeah exactly, never played the original myself, but Royal: what a great fucking game. Someone commented on here it's the comfiest game, and that's really what it is. 

Also started Kingdom Come deliverance. It's got some eurojank going on, but it's really immersive and also great

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

@onecasemanmmm, fair point. Biohazard was such a good game - somehow keep forgetting Village is around the corner. 

@Joyrexikr! Pretty nuts that games are inching closer to 100$ than $50 these days (at least on next gen)...

The Resident Evil/Biohazard mod community on PC is amazing - I accidently saw "thicc Claire Redfield fishnet suit with jiggle physics" when I was looking up a RE2 video.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chronical said:

I just started Persona 4 Golden. it's the first game I've played in the series so I'm still getting used to it, but after the first few hours I'm really starting to enjoy it. It's interesting how your characters' friendships and psychological struggles are tied in with the RPG mechanics. And some of the Persona designs are amazing, I'm looking forward to seeing more of them

2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Waiting for the price (drop) - want to play it bad but 70USD is steep - I liked it when Housemarque made 20 buck games

Same. Can't justify spending €80 on any game. I can already buy the disc for €70 from Amazon...

5 hours ago, Joyrex said:

The Resident Evil/Biohazard mod community on PC is amazing - I accidently saw "thicc Claire Redfield fishnet suit with jiggle physics" when I was looking up a RE2 video.

I like the fact that there's also a mod that replaces Mr. X with Shrek. But mods or no, nothing beats Claire's booty physics.

16 hours ago, Joyrex said:

I might "accidentally" have to come across that video myself ?

EdIt: interesting article just came across the feed about the topic of 70$ game particularly in light of difficulty, etc.

https://www.denofgeek.com/games/returnal-price-ps5-difficulty-save-feature-controversy/

Edited by T3551ER

On 5/3/2021 at 1:08 PM, jaderpansen said:

Alright, to all you old school Metroid aficionados:

Drop whatever you're doing and play this Metroid Prime 2D demo RIGHT NAO!

https://forum.prime2d.com/t/prime-2d-demo-v0-1-21-4-1/6582

It's absolutely stunning!

prime-2d-nintendo-life-img.original.jpg

It's a fun demo. I hope they can make it into a full game one day.
(However, I'm afraid that the devs might get a C&D from Nintendo before they can continue the project.)

I don't understand why Nintendo isn't doing more with their Metroid franchise.
I guess it wouldn't make as much money as their other franchises.
Metroidvanias might have become too niche for them?
It really doesn't have to be a AAA 3D game.
(Metroid Prime 4 might be cancelled or delayed indefinitely, right?)
Why not let a really small team make new 2D Metroid games? No need to invest all that much.
If indie devs can do it, why couldn't they? Look at Hollow Knight, Ori, and Bloodstained.
?

Edited by MaartenVC
  • Like 1

wonderboythedragonstrap-b000.jpg?quality
Played the Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap.
It's a fun little Indie 2D Metroidvania / Platformer Game. 
+ You unlock different characters with different powers while playing the game.
+ Really beautiful Art Style. Looks like a colorful stylized comic book.
+ Able to buy better gear.
+ A small bit of Exploration & Backtracking.
+ You can switch the Visuals & Music on the go between the 1989 8-bit Original and the 2017 Remake.
- Mario-like movement.
- Short.
Overall I liked it.
Tip:

Spoiler

After getting Mouse-Man buy the Tasmanian Sword from a hidden Shop near the end of The Underground area.
The Tasmanian Sword allows you to switch between characters instantly, without needing a transformation room.

• Like 3

I thought Returnal looked and sounded silly when it was announced, but after watching a gameplay trailer, decided to give it a try.  It's kind of a rogue-like/Metroid/bullet hell thing, but it really clicked with me.  It may be worth waiting until some shitty bugs are ironed out, and the developers may cave and add a save system, which would make things more convenient, but overall it's excellent.  Once it's patched a bit, I'd definitely recommend it.

• Like 3

Resident Evil 8 is a great time so far, one of my favorites in the franchise. it's more action than 7, but it's not all-out action like like RE4-RE5-RE6.

it leans more into camp than 7 but still remains scary, especially on hardcore mode where ammunition gets used faster.

lot of enemy and gameplay variety. i'm enjoying taking my time.

• Like 1

Got bored of video games around 2 years ago but every now and then I'll stick on podcast or a good album and I'll fuck around on some Counterstrike Source servers. Surprisingly the multiplayer is still extremely active considering the game's around 17 years old now. Most servers I go on are full (32-64 people).

Edited by milkface

On 5/6/2021 at 12:15 PM, MaartenVC said:

wonderboythedragonstrap-b000.jpg?quality
Played the Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap.
It's a fun little Indie 2D Metroidvania / Platformer Game. 
+ You unlock different characters with different powers while playing the game.
+ Really beautiful Art Style. Looks like a colorful stylized comic book.
+ Able to buy better gear.
+ A small bit of Exploration & Backtracking.
+ You can switch the Visuals & Music on the go between the 1989 8-bit Original and the 2017 Remake.
- Mario-like movement.
- Short.
Overall I liked it.
Tip:

Hide contents

After getting Mouse-Man buy the Tasmanian Sword from a hidden Shop near the end of The Underground area.
The Tasmanian Sword allows you to switch between characters instantly, without needing a transformation room.

Oh boy that takes me back
455363218_Screenshot2021-05-10at19_14_06.thumb.png.7637c904538cf8770850c48aaf815eaf.png

• Like 1