IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

A Plague Tale: Innocence - PS5

I don’t normally play stealth type games unless they have a more guns ablaze route but got it free with the PS Plus subscription this month.

I stuck with it as it looks good and I’m enjoying it now. About half way thru I think.

• Like 1

XCOM: Enemy Within

My gaming activity has to be limited for the next week or so though, so no games that require WSAD movement. Still trying to recover from this carpal tunnel shit. Getting old sucks (at least physically)

I also need to get a new gaming chair soon, or at least an office chair with armrests. My current chair I've been sitting in for the past five years doesn't have any. Could be partially the cause of this CT in the first place.

Edited by ambermonke

9 hours ago, Grain Bastard said:

A Plague Tale: Innocence - PS5

I don’t normally play stealth type games unless they have a more guns ablaze route but got it free with the PS Plus subscription this month.

I stuck with it as it looks good and I’m enjoying it now. About half way thru I think.

I loved this game.

I started Resident Evil Village. Pretty cool so far. Lots of well designed characters. Going to go more campy I think. I prefer the conspiracy side of Resident Evil vs. the campy stuff, but oh well.

On 7/6/2021 at 5:35 PM, onecaseman said:

Yeah do that first. May even have a bundle still.

I have both, so I am good in that regard - just need to find time to actually start playing!

Just finished Resident Evil Village. Great game. Really enjoyed it.

I'm firing up Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart next. Only ever tried the one they gave away for free last year and didn't like it enough to finish it.

• Like 2

the team behind Mini Metro have released Mini Motorways on Steam and I'm loving it. simple, elegant, satisfying stuff. if you've played Mini Metro you know what you're in for.

I think I'm nearing the end of my XCOM: EW playthrough. Beefing up my five Psi soldiers and both of my MECs are fully upgraded. But I think I forgot to build the Gollop chamber.

I was playing a terror mission last night and accidentally lit a parked taxi car on fire with two civilians next to it. Sure enough, at the start of the next turn it went up in smoke and both nurse ladies got launched into the air at the same time. I laughed way harder than I should have. I probably shouldn't have laughed at all.

Might play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. after this, idk. But I should finish my track first.

gg strive. took some time to get used to coming from xrd, having good times now (<-ky). is it dumbed down? most deffo, but in a smart way, if that makes sense. recommended. good place to start with the franchise, too, methinks.

I realized last weekend that I don't think I've never actually played through the original Half Life on the hardest difficulty, so I took a couple hours to go through most of it and it's not that bad at all, but now I'm at the portal and I really don't know if I can bring myself to play through XEN etc. again on any difficulty.

10 hours ago, TubularCorporation said:

I realized last weekend that I don't think I've never actually played through the original Half Life on the hardest difficulty, so I took a couple hours to go through most of it and it's not that bad at all, but now I'm at the portal and I really don't know if I can bring myself to play through XEN etc. again on any difficulty.

I recommend Black Mesa if you haven't played it already. The Xen chapter onward got a complete overhaul and could definitely be a reason why this third-party remake took 15 years to complete.

26 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

I recommend Black Mesa if you haven't played it already. The Xen chapter onward got a complete overhaul and could definitely be a reason why this third-party remake took 15 years to complete.

Yeah, I've considered it but the jankiness of those old Quake and Build engine games is a big part of the charm for me so I haven't quite bit yet. I might just take a rest on half life and play through Shadow Warrior or something. I was never as in to the Build stuff as a kid but I've been really enjoying it lately.

Edited by TubularCorporation

33 minutes ago, TubularCorporation said:

Yeah, I've considered it but the jankiness of those old Quake and Build engine games is a big part of the charm for me so I haven't quite bit yet. I might just take a rest on half life and play through Shadow Warrior or something. I was never as in to the Build stuff as a kid but I've been really enjoying it lately.

Hmm...you should check out Ion Fury then - a Build engine game from 2019. (There's supposed to be a DLC coming out soon)

Finished S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: SoC again yesterday, then started a new F:NV playthrough with the Asurah Reanimation Pack & Project Nevada mods. Man, the weapon & character animations are so much smoother now - can't believe I didn't install this mod a long time ago. Also gonna try to haul all 37 gold bars out of the Sierra Madre this time around. I know it can be done - just watched a streamer do it.

• Like 1

I got the platinum for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. Now I'm working my way through Hitman 3. Got most of the achievements for the first level, and just beat the murder mystery level.

2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

I've gone back to Dragon Quest 11 (originally PS4, now playing on PS5) - I never finished it, and had not played since 2018...

How is it? I haven’t played that series since I think 8. kinda want to play a jrpg it’s been a minute or 2. 

Whipped out the old DS to play some Thor, an overlooked WayForward 2D platformer, that focuses on one thing, kicking ass with a magical hammer. This is just about the only good MCU game so far, but avoid the 3DS version, it's totally different and totally crap.

thor1.JPG

thor2.JPG

Splitgate

This was on the radar, then off, and now waaaaaay back on again. Elevator pitch: It's Halo meets Portal. Free to play, in beta right now. This thing is so fucking popular atm it takes like a half hour to get into the servers (they pushed back launch a month to try and address this). I almost gave up last night but basically just left it running while I cleaned the kitchen, made dog's food, evening chores, etc. 

I literally was about to click out when I got in. So glad I waited. The absolute most fun I've had with a FPS in ages and I'm probably going to lose a LOT of hours to it. There are so many ways this idea could go wrong - poor level design, movement issues, lag in portals, etc. - but this little indie developer really nailed it. It's simple, effective, and fun - the portal element adds a great mental game to the fast past, almost quake-like fps elements. I think one could argue small quibbles (guns aren't hugely differentiated, aiming is a tetch loose) but given how good everything else is it way overshadows the minor flaws. Fantastic.