What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

RE8 is the dumbest game I've ever played. I was entertained right up until the end where it shits the bed just like RE7, but holy moly is it dumb. Ethan reacts to things he sees in the weirdest ways. Every single line of dialogue that comes out of his mouth seems like it was written by 20 different 14-year-old boys - or rather like it was written for a video game back in 1996. But apart from the main character being a complete idiot, the game is just straight up dumb.

It should have been named Resident Evil Village Idiot.

• Haha 2

Playing Judgment on PS5. Really good story plus all the usual fun Yakuza side activities. Also Virtua Fighter 5 which is included with Ps+ this month - excellent fighting game which I am no good at.

1 hour ago, chronical said:

Any of you played Spiderman on PS4? This shit would've blown young me's mind so much

Yeah it's excellent. Just swinging around the city feels great.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Enthusiast said:

Playing Judgment on PS5. Really good story plus all the usual fun Yakuza side activities. Also Virtua Fighter 5 which is included with Ps+ this month - excellent fighting game which I am no good at.

Yeah it's excellent. Just swinging around the city feels great.

Must be nice in 60fps with raytracing as well, just 2K (downsampled checkerboard 4K I guess) in 30FPS on my Pro is fun already.

50 minutes ago, chronical said:

Must be nice in 60fps with raytracing as well, just 2K (downsampled checkerboard 4K I guess) in 30FPS on my Pro is fun already.

I just played it on my original PS4 when it came out. It's a great looking PS4 game. I would say it runs really nice on the Pro. Miles Morales is great too.

Playing Pikmin 3 Deluxe on the Switch. Loved the first, but disliked the second. So far this is solid.

• Like 1

I'm finally finishing up Persona 5 after taking a break from it for almost two years. Such an amazing game, might be my new favorite of all time.

• Thanks 1

IKR! Looks dope (and very From Software meets JRR Martin). 

Picked up Persona 5 a few days ago after seeing people rave about it on here. Given that I'm only like 1hr into a 100 hr game it's hard to say a GD thing about it. I will say, I've been on an anime nostalgia kick and suspect this may scratch that itch in a weird way. 

• Like 2

Completed Terminator: Resistance on PC, a sorta low-budget love letter to the Terminator future war as it was shortly depicted in the first film.

Pretty wooden all around as a linear shooter, though competent at recreating the views and sounds, especially robots. The best part is probably the Infiltrator short mode where you play as Terminator murdering all humans with that red vision mode, again recreated truthfully from the first two Terminators.

After all the tearing apart of the franchise, leaves mixed feelings as mildly entertaining nostalgia ride. Not Alien: Isolation level of repairing, still more of a cure to the wounds.

Trailer for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl. Releasing next year on 28 April 2022.

Trailer for Atomic Heart. Looks crazy.

Trailer for Replaced. Beautiful art style.

Trailer for The Outer Worlds 2. Lollers.

Edited by MaartenVC

fuck yeah, Staukirr 2 and Dildo Ring.

on a related topic: who here has built a new pc in the last 12 months? or is considering it? my current one is going on 8 years old now and while it still does the things I want with ease, it's obviously not going to stack up against current and next-gen titles when I look to get into them. now is an exceptionally bad time to build a new pc what with the chip shortage, production problems, distribution problems etc. causing video cards that would normally be in affordable range to rocket into the thousands of dollars, if you can even get your hands on one.

will this situation revert to the pre-covid state or is this the new normal? Nvidia has said the shortage is expected to continue for the rest of this year at least. I'm wondering, is it going to be permanently more costly and troublesome to build a new pc going forward?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• Guest WNS000
      By Guest WNS000
      This is just a rant.

I am so fucking sick of people dismissing Ae's post-Chiastic output ("where are the tunes?!") and recommending their early albums instead as "absolute masterpieces" with "soul" and "melody" and "blah blah blah".

It just screams "I am a stupid, impatient, close-minded, casual, basic, stuck-in-the-past, not-capable-of-listening, knowing-nothing-about-music-melody-rhythm-and-structure, accidentally-bumped-into-IDM-when-I-was-young-and-now-I-am-old-and-tired-with-kids-in-need-of-easy-fun, rather-listen-to-boards-of-canada-because-deep-emotions-tunes-nature-and-geocatching-for-rare-eps, I-can't-hum-it-in-a-shower dumbass".

I fucking hate those idiots (especially when they talk about melodies when they actually mean timbres...).

I absolutely get they don't like the music (and that is perfectly fine, don't get me wrong) but their arguments and points are asking for a punch in their faces. So fucking stupid it actually hurts.

• By auxien
      So for the next day and a half, Humble Bundle has a cheap deal on some shitty games as usual, but more importantly this deal includes a copy of Gamemaker, which is a seemingly entry-level game making application. The bundle altogether is only $12 to get the Android Export portion which I'm guessing means you can publish your games on Android for like 10 zillion people to not see. Here's the link: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly to the bundle.

I watched a couple tutorial videos about the absolute basics, doesn't seem too crazy. The code is something I've never delved much into, though I can dabble and not fuck shit up too much (I can use Processing okay for a beginner, and I could usually do really simply HTML shit...)

Anyway, is that actually a good deal? And would I be getting in over my head? Like, I'm thinking of it as a means of just trying my hand at getting some simple/weird game ideas down, not like making Call of Duty for Android or anything. And more so just to try my hand at some more advanced code-style project stuff. Obviously Gamemaker's whole appeal is that you don't need to know code, but I'm quite sure I'd have to use some to really get through to an end product 'finished' game.

Has anyone used Gamemaker? Or, have any of you made little games yourselves? Advice, thoughts? I mean, yeah, it's only $12, but I'm just curious about any thoughts on that system or if I shouldn't waste my time unless I would really wanna go head first down that path of making games (which I don't).
    • By Aphex
      Anyone else been playing Elite: Dangerous recently? I've got it and have been enjoying it like hell. I've recently been playing around Alliance territory in my ultra-modified Viper Mk III destroying any wanted ships in my path. Although it's amazing, the game still feels a little empty, but I'm sure the developers will flesh it out more soon enough.
    • By Goiter Sanchez
      And the winner of the poll is: BOSS BATTLE THEMES

So, as with other WATMM music projects this is a call-out to all producers/composers/musicians on WATMM and beyond interested in contributing. The theme of this album is 'Video Game Boss Battle Themes' which are often characterized as being grandiose, foreboding, intense, etc: an ambient album this will NOT be (though you can do an ambient interpretation if you want)! Mini-Boss themes work as well: pretty much any confrontation with a powerful enemy where the music changes to suit the situation!

There is such a tremendous pool of amazing material to cover and/or remix for this project! That being said I am not adverse to original compositions so long as they would sound suitable during a 'Boss Battle' of sorts. Also, feel free to submit as many tracks as you'd like!

So, here are the important rules:

1 - Due date for submitted tracks was November 1st, but I want to get more submissions in without people feeling too pressured so it's now JANUARY 15th, 2015!
      2 - Submit your completed track(s) to [email protected] using a file sharing service like WeTransfer, Mediafire, etc.
      3 - Submit your track(s) in a lossless format such as WAV or FLAC. Do NOT add a huge amount of compression (unless this is the effect you are trying to achieve) or otherwise attempt to master your track as all the tracks will be mastered for the album so as to have a more cohesive sound/volume. In your final mixdown please try to leave at 1-2dB of headroom.
      4 - Album will, at the very least, be a free release on Bandcamp. If there is sufficient interest I may look into a physical pressing, but we shall have to see how this goes.

In the spirit of WATMM's Xmas comps all submissions will likely make it onto the final album unless I get a ridiculous # of them and then we may have to whittle the # down a tad to keep to a reasonable playtime.
      In order to avoid a situation in which everyone makes covers of the same track (e.g, a 15 track album of covers of SMB 3's Boom Boom Theme) feel free to post in this topic with regard to the theme you'd like to cover, that way people will not all chose the same ones hopefully.

Alright, I am very excited to hear what you all come up with!