IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

anyone been playing Cyberpunk 2077? any comments on its current state, how far it has/hasn't come since launch date in terms of patches and fixes? still can't believe what a fizzer that was, and to think I was going to build a new pc for it.

1 hour ago, usagi said:

anyone been playing Cyberpunk 2077? any comments on its current state, how far it has/hasn't come since launch date in terms of patches and fixes? still can't believe what a fizzer that was, and to think I was going to build a new pc for it.

I'm waiting for DLCs to drop to try to replay. It was pretty solid for me on PC (low-to-average build, 2019 graphics card) already in December after the initial patches. The only serious issue I had was FPS drop in intense city areas that wouldn't recover by itself.

5 hours ago, usagi said:

mostly just fixes, the modding scene is actually quite far ahead. that being said the game was far from unplayable in its inital state (on pc at least) as some seem to claim but yeah... gameplay could deffo use some balance patches, any build is trivial even on very hard from a certain point, maybe the whole leveling system needs an overhaul. melee and hacking could use more depth, some perks are pretty much completely useless, etc. etc.

waiting for dlcs for a replay, too.

6 hours ago, usagi said:

Uploaded 30 min ago

I haven't touched Cyberpunk literally since January 1st. I've mostly been out of the loop since then. All I know is that it's been getting steady updates while CDPR have been dealing with hacks/breaches at the same time. Not sure how much has actually changed since then.

My experience has mostly been stable, although I do recall a T-posing NPC once close to V's apartment. The outskirts of Night City (Nomad territory) was always the most fun to me for some reason. And while I'm almost solely dependent on guns in most FPS games, the katana ended up being my most used weapon in this one - surprisingly effective.

I'd say it's pretty sandbox-friendly overall. And it wouldn't be too far off the mark to call it a melding of Deus Ex and GTA.

1 hour ago, usagi said:

interdasting. does it bring out the good in terms of story and atmosphere? that's what I like the most in my FPSes

oh, story and atmosphere never were issues in my book (matter of taste oc). if that's indeed your focus i can definitely recommend the game. city reveals itself as rather backdroppy, but extraordinarily picturesque at that. going back to gtav from cp2077 the former looks and feels rather flat in comparison imo. don't expect lots of interesting npc dialogue tho...

4 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

So I guess this game does actually exist

Maybe one day...
Sigh...

I remember backing it on kickstarter all the way back in 2012.
Their estimated date of release was 2014 back then. lol. ?

From what info I can gather the game seems to be actually playable right now.
(although it's still in Alpha)
I kind of want to hold of playing it until the game reaches Beta or 1.0 Full Release...

Anyone else here already backed or bought the game?

Edit: Here's a roadmap I found on their website:
1264722492_Screenshot2021-08-08at11-12-16StarCitizenReleaseView-RSI.thumb.png.df085a7d5a31d8891d62630a51e5fa1a.png
It ends in Q1 2022. ^___^
(but obviously that just means they haven't made the complete roadmap yet...)
Yeah, it's going to be a really looong time until release.

Edited by MaartenVC

2 hours ago, MaartenVC said:

Maybe one day...
Sigh...

I remember backing it on kickstarter all the way back in 2012.
Their estimated date of release was 2014 back then. lol. ?

From what info I can gather the game seems to be actually playable right now.
(although it's still in Alpha)
I kind of want to hold of playing it until the game reaches Beta or 1.0 Full Release...

Anyone else here already backed or bought the game?

Edit: Here's a roadmap I found on their website:
1264722492_Screenshot2021-08-08at11-12-16StarCitizenReleaseView-RSI.thumb.png.df085a7d5a31d8891d62630a51e5fa1a.png
It ends in Q1 2022. ^___^
(but obviously that just means they haven't made the complete roadmap yet...)
Yeah, it's going to be a really looong time until release.

Here's a good somewhat neutral video-review about Star Citizen:

I've only just been able to play Control, due to waiting for it to come out on Steam + not being able to get my computer down to London until last week

Fucking awesome game

spacer.png

• Like 4

Ah, X-Files Metroid...never finished it and haven't touched it in almost a year. If I pick it back up though I'll have to start over from the beginning. Feels weird picking up where I left off on games I've taken an extended hiatus from.

I agree though, dope game overall.

Yeah, Control is great, probably the closest thing we'll ever get to a good SCP game adaptation.

Cyberpunk 2077 didn't do nothing for me (edit; except piss me off), I quit after a handful of hours. I loved the Witcher 3, but I just had no interest in any of the characters, the story or the world as presented, and I've played the fucking OG pen and paper cyberpunk game back in the day, so I should love it. The gunplay felt like shit, the melee felt like shit, driving felt like shit, movement felt like shit (with a controller). Also, the loot is shit. I felt like a fucking garbage collector. You done goofed CDPR. 

I forgot: the UI is MEGA SHIT. So yeah, the bugs are the least of the games problems.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jaderpansen said:

hard to deny yo.

Yeah, it's a nightmare with a controller -- you have to pin-point the aim every time and can't stop either, coz loot. The Witcher 3 was a loot paradise in comparison, I really don't get the decision to use 1st person with such 3rd person-based mechanics. Just by dressing yourself up with loot it could become a proper entertainment.

That said, in making all the cut-scenes playable they did the 1st person view justice, i think it was next-level immersive indeed -- a way out of cut-scenes mayhem that is happening in big games (Death Stranding finished as a literal movie). The rest of the game just don't mix well.

Moved from Tetris Effect to Puyo Puyo vs. Tetris, super distracting music & visuals. The controls on Tetris Effect are floaty to the point you have to retrain your muscle memory, and I had to turn off the strobe effect.

4 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Moved from Tetris Effect to Puyo Puyo vs. Tetris, super distracting music & visuals. The controls on Tetris Effect are floaty to the point you have to retrain your muscle memory, and I had to turn off the strobe effect.

Really? I find them very precise, and I guess the effects don't affect (ha) me during gameplay except for times when everything turns white during a transition (like on the space station level)

On 8/8/2021 at 4:22 AM, Rubin Farr said:

Gary Oldman & Mark Hammill might not even be alive when this finally gets released, maybe it’s the first generational video game development? lol

i watched a few videos about star citizen a while back, the scope of it doesn't seem like it's a game that will be ever be done. you can fly to one of the planets (or moons) in the game, select a random city (out of the ones that are inhabited) and explore the city in real time. the appeal of the game also seems to be it's own limitation. besides going on missions and exploring, there isn't much else to do because it painstakingly tries to re-create real life (in space).

i'm a sucker for these minis 

• Like 1