IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Ryu played Vasquez in Aliens? Holy crap.

lol@Alabama Zangief

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

So supposedly quake for switch has some audio problems: the nin soundtrack is extremely quiet and sound effects delay like half a second after they are supposed to play, for example when you shoot a gun or collect ammo.

Both could be fixed easily in an update and I think I'll wait to pick it up until then.

Edited by yekker
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2021 at 2:58 AM, yekker said:

So supposedly quake for switch has some audio problems: the nin soundtrack is extremely quiet and sound effects delay like half a second after they are supposed to play, for example when you shoot a gun or collect ammo.

Both could be fixed easily in an update and I think I'll wait to pick it up until then.

You could fix it by not playing it on Switch :dadjoke:

8 hours ago, ManjuShri said:

Never knew Robert Zelazny wrote the plot to a videogame, Chronomaster, and was actually his last work as he died during its development.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronomaster

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Zelazny

This is pretty nuts. Looks through that wiki link and non other than Ron Perlman is doing the voice of the main character, with Brent Spiner (Data) also playing one of the characters. I had completely forgotten about Zelazny until this post - I read a novel of his ages ago and was struck by how genre defying it was... chapters that were bits of poetry, just a total experimental approach to the genre. 

@ManjuShrican you recommend any books of his to check out? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dpek said:

Playing Hyper Light Drifter. Rage quit a few times now. Hard as nails, this game.

It is. But it's also a masterpiece. A challenging but rewarding experience overall. I highly recommend a controller though if you're on PC.

My advice is to stay on your toes and don't give up. Exploration is encouraged too.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2021 at 12:33 PM, Rubin Farr said:

Nintendo pulled down the 2D Metroid fan game, hope you guys grabbed it

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/08/the_fan-made_2d_metroid_prime_game_has_been_forced_to_shut_down

Some more DMCA news:
Take-Two Interactive has sued the programmers behind the popular re3 and reVC Grand Theft Auto fan projects.
They reverse-engineered GTA 3 and GTA Vice City to make these old games compatible with more hardware devices, fixing bugs and making all sorts of mods.
https://torrentfreak.com/take-two-sues-enthusiasts-behind-gta-fan-projects-re3-revc-210903/

They are remaking one of my favorite games of all time, Dead Space, and have shown early gameplay footage:

There's also a rumor that Game Boy and Game Boy Color games might be coming to Nintendo Online...

• Like 2

I love dead space and want to play the remake, but also fuck EA for shutting down Visceral Games? 

• Like 1

Just now, Silent Member said:

I love dead space and want to play the remake, but also fuck EA for shutting down Visceral Games? 

Yeah, would have preferred to have them do the remake, but I think it's in good hands (we'll see)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, T3551ER said:

@ManjuShrican you recommend any books of his to check out? 

I had last read his A Night in Lonesome October, which is from the point of view of Jack the Ripper's occult companion dog as his master goes about his business which I greatly enjoyed. His fantasy series The Chronicles of Amber is his most commonly recommended series, at least the first six books out of the ten at any rate. Lord of Light is his most recommended standalone novel, however the lack of accuracy in the Indic religions he depicts turned me off, but only because that's a pet subject of mine.

• Like 1

I've finished the story and main bosses in "Grime" and also the main campaign in the early acces game "Death Trash". Both are pretty cool. Grime is a solid game, the soundtrack is nice, the monsters and map design are something special. Death Trash is fun but the campaign and game are still unfinished and you can complete the main quests probably in less than seven hours.

• Like 2

On 9/3/2021 at 8:43 PM, ManjuShri said:

I had last read his A Night in Lonesome October, which is from the point of view of Jack the Ripper's occult companion dog as his master goes about his business which I greatly enjoyed. His fantasy series The Chronicles of Amber is his most commonly recommended series, at least the first six books out of the ten at any rate. Lord of Light is his most recommended standalone novel, however the lack of accuracy in the Indic religions he depicts turned me off, but only because that's a pet subject of mine.

?

• Like 1