IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

after not touching the game for months, I played a few rounds in Pistol Whip, and I've been sore for two days. I spend ten hour shifts on my feet, but doing squats to dodge low poly humanoids for twenty minutes has left me utterly wrecked.

and I'm goin back in, boys

• Like 2

Nioh (Difficult Action-RPG / Souls-like) is free on the Epic Games Store:
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/nioh-the-complete-edition
Nioh
"In the age of samurai, a lone traveler lands on the shores of Japan. He must fight his way through the vicious warriors and supernatural Yokai that infest the land in order to find that which he seeks."

I know some people love Nioh like its the second coming but I always felt the sponginess was ridiculous and could never focus on the actual game.

Do I really need to stab a man in the face 20 times with a katana before it dies?

Edited by acid1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, acid1 said:

I know some people love Nioh like its the second coming but I always felt the sponginess was ridiculous and could never focus on the actual game.

Do I really need to stab a man in the face 20 times with a katana before it dies?

Never played it, but I'm gonna try it out.
I heard it's like a harder dark souls in a Japanese setting.
Maybe I'll first look up some recommended weapons. Dunno yet.

• Like 1

Picked up Hades again:  Finished a 20 heat run, but the additional challenge conditions make the game too stressful to continue.  Moved on to The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles.  I'm not typically into adventure games or visual novels, but the Phoenix Wright games really click with me, and this is more of that, so I'm enjoying them.  

18 hours ago, BaggerMcGuirk said:

Picked up Hades again:  Finished a 20 heat run, but the additional challenge conditions make the game too stressful to continue.  Moved on to The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles.  I'm not typically into adventure games or visual novels, but the Phoenix Wright games really click with me, and this is more of that, so I'm enjoying them.  

I finally grabbed Hades on Game Pass after hearing so much about it. How long did it take you to manage your first full run? 

3 hours ago, In C said:

I finally grabbed Hades on Game Pass after hearing so much about it. How long did it take you to manage your first full run? 

I want to say around 25 or so, and I just hit 110 runs total.  The darkness upgrades and keepsakes help quite a bit.  As for powers, I found a lot of success with Athena's 'Divine Dash', which makes you invincible and reflect projectiles while you're dashing.  The gameplay itself is really addicting for me, but the game really distinguishes itself in the way it handles storytelling.  All these runs later, and I'm still unlocking little plotlines.  It makes me wish something like Destiny 2 could handle narrative that way.  It keeps the game really interesting for me.

I've got about 6 hades kills and got my first around 25 also. It was definitely a stars align build with at least two duo boons and charon bow.

Wonderful game!

• Like 1

Beat boss three and almost beat boss four on Returnal. I may be able to beat this game!

Unrelated, Death Loop is getting 10/10 review scores. Looks dope. I loved Dishonored 2 and Prey.

• Like 2

I had no idea Returnal would be my game of the year, but so far that's the case.  I ran out of stuff to do in that game(that didn't involve like a million hours of grinding), and I'd be all about any DLC if they announced it.  

15 minutes ago, onecaseman said:

Beat boss three and almost beat boss four on Returnal. I may be able to beat this game!

Unrelated, Death Loop is getting 10/10 review scores. Looks dope. I loved Dishonored 2 and Prey.

Yeah, pre-ordered Deathloop last night. Woke up this AM to see the 10/10 scores which has me hyped (I enjoyed Dishonored 2 but not as much as I thought I would, so trying to temper expectations going in on this one...)

17 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

Yeah, pre-ordered Deathloop last night. Woke up this AM to see the 10/10 scores which has me hyped (I enjoyed Dishonored 2 but not as much as I thought I would, so trying to temper expectations going in on this one...)

If Dishonored 2 a) had a better story and b) had every level be as good as the clockwork mansion and crack in the slab, it would be a best of all time consideration.

• Like 1

there's a new Bioshock game in development? I didn't even know.

or maybe I did and I forgot about it. I don't think Levine would be working on it, he seemed to have closed the chapter on it from his side. which means any new endeavour will be a risk... Bioshock is sacred to me so that's a bit worrying.

Edited by usagi

42 minutes ago, usagi said:

or maybe I did and I forgot about it. I don't think Levine would be working on it, he seemed to have closed the chapter on it from his side. which means any new endeavour will be a risk... Bioshock is sacred to me so that's a bit worrying.

It hasn't been announced yet but it has been rumored for years now. Ken Levine has his own studio now (Ghost Story Studios) and the only thing we know they're working on is "We're working on a new immersive sci-fi game with RPG elements."

On 9/3/2021 at 7:15 AM, T3551ER said:

This is pretty nuts. Looks through that wiki link and non other than Ron Perlman is doing the voice of the main character, with Brent Spiner (Data) also playing one of the characters. I had completely forgotten about Zelazny until this post - I read a novel of his ages ago and was struck by how genre defying it was... chapters that were bits of poetry, just a total experimental approach to the genre. 

@ManjuShrican you recommend any books of his to check out? 

Read his novel Lord of Light.

FF4_2021-09-16-08-45-13.thumb.jpg.eddfd0fa1f83949af9d94070ad2bc507.jpg

Playing Final Fantasy IV Pixel Remaster. It's crazy how much of the original I remember from 30 years ago.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, usagi said:

Yeah I heard there was an info leak that the next Bioshock installment in the works, but that's all I really know so far.

Got back into Fallout 4 lately, even though the game is still stupid in a lot of ways. Synthetik is still my top roguelike on the side.