IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Would be nice if the next Bioshock take place in a more recent or near-future setting like Prey though. The old-timey early 1910s/1960s thing is neat and all, but I'm craving something more modern.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 5:15 PM, frankbooth said:

Just cracked into the first hour of Ghost of Tsushima / PS5.  No significant opinions just yet.

It’s essentially red dead. Finding it tougher than expected on medium difficulty. But now thinking I need to move to Japan and become a samurai. So I’m in. Wish I could take off work tomorrow. 

8 hours ago, ambermonke said:

Would be nice if the next Bioshock take place in a more recent or near-future setting like Prey though. The old-timey early 1910s/1960s thing is neat and all, but I'm craving something more modern.

that's just System Shock then. which isn't undesirable at all.

Far Cry 3,4,5,New Dawn, Primal and Blood Dragons.

Waiting for Far Cry 6. Early reviews suggest more of the same, and that sounds perfect to me. Can't wait to explore the world, liberate outposts and do endless sidemissions while delaying those story missions for as long as I can.

Deathloop - sort of up and down about this one. Reviews kind of skyrocketed expectations and the first few hours lived up to it. Got a little frustrated for the next few hours, but I think that's mainly because I kept trying to force a "guns blazing" approach when I really wasn't powered up enough for it (and the game seems more structured to be a "stealth while you can, then blow shit up when it goes to hell .. but stealth first")

Hit a crest last night where some things finally clicked, including getting some slabs and infusing some weapons/trinkets, which makes everything a lot more forgiving. Other thing that started to click was getting familiar with the levels - and then discovering interesting, hidden things. Initially the amount of info seemed just overwhelming but have sort of accepted that it'll make more sense as time goes by (haha). 

Some weird LOD issues also where things will remain blurry until I'm right up on top of them (PS5) - emailed support but that will probably do fuck all. 

I know this sounds like a pretty meh response but really it's been a great gaming experience. I actually look forward to the point where I really know/understand the levels - the whole thing is like one very elegant puzzle, with multiple ways of solving individual situations, and even solutions that cross locations/times of day. The actual story/what's going on is also fascinating - the game oozes atmosphere and a sense of legitimately lived in spaces. I spent a while in Frank's complex last night and the music/psychedlia etc. was just stunning. Kind of hoping they release the soundtrack for this one. ...

EDIT: This song in particular *swoon*

Edited by T3551ER
  • Like 1

trying to get into Valheim. for a friend. I'm so damn bad at crafting games. Every time: I build a shack, start a little campfire, maybe eat some berries, and welp, i'm satisfied, cya

i do like it though, and am pretty keen to try the VR mod (once i figure out wtf i'm doing)

• Like 1

I've been so busy lately that I haven't had much time for new games, but I still fire up Slay the Spire and do a couple runs regularly. Maybe my most played game ever at this point? I have like 700 hours in it. Somehow still hasn't gotten old.

Also played through the first bit of The Witness with my Geometry students to introduce a lesson on inductive reasoning, good fun.

Currently playing

Sable ❤️??

Judgement ???

Kena: Bridge of spirits?️??

Edited by Silent Member
Correcting the autocorrect

On 9/3/2021 at 4:42 PM, ambermonke said:

It is. But it's also a masterpiece. A challenging but rewarding experience overall. I highly recommend a controller though if you're on PC.

My advice is to stay on your toes and don't give up. Exploration is encouraged too.

You were right. I'm really enjoying the combat. This is however probably because I got some upgrades - I really like the dash+slash. This is another game which becomes much better when you upgrade (like Hollow Knight) - now I can combo some stuff together, while before it was a really dry combat system. But I don't want to shit on the game, it is really good.

• Like 1

Castlevania Advance Collection is out on PC!
- Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
- Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
- Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
- Castlevania: Dracula X
Used to play these on emulator on my phone, but now I can finally legally buy them.
All great 2D-Action-Role-Playing / Metroidvania games.
Castlevania Advance Collection

• Like 2

Wasn't sure whether to post here or EKT but .... guess it's more a game to learn modular programming that a modular itself !

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1577620/The_Signal_State/

I've got Cherry Audio Voltage Modular and AAS Multiphonics CV-1 (and many Reaktor Blocks purchases) and aside from loading presets I've no idea what I'm doing, so think this will oddly help me ! 

• Like 3

^ pretty neat. kind of like Zachtronics games (Exapunks, Molek Syntez) which have puzzles so complex that you learn something from doing them.

I'm playing Bastion for the first time and, apart from a few quirks, it's wonderful. Supergiant games may all have a lot of commonality but they do their thing very well.

21 hours ago, usagi said:

^ pretty neat. kind of like Zachtronics games (Exapunks, Molek Syntez) which have puzzles so complex that you learn something from doing them.

Just played the first 6 levels and is very Zachtronics-esque indeed. So far I've found it easier to grasp than TIS-100 though (the only other Zachtronics game I've played). Actually finding the wording of the tasks to be the hardest part of if (some of the grammar makes the challenges a little ambiguous)

I finally beat Returnal. What a game. I definitely had to go to YouTube to explain the story. It's hard to put together unless you know Greek mythology well.

I have four of the six things I need to get the true ending, but probably won't bother for the other two as game crashed in middle of the search for the fifth.

I'll probably replay Horizon Zero Dawn next.

On 9/22/2021 at 2:46 AM, ManjuShri said:

Announcement trailer for the new 'debt repayment RPG' from SWERY.

lol, Swery pls

• Like 1

Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning on ps4, never played the original.

Like someone mentioned on here before: big dumb fun, it's really generic rpg shit, but i really enjoy the vibe and artwork. Reminds me of the good old days. Plus the combat system is pretty dope. 

Edited by Berk
  • Like 1