IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Finished up DeathLoop, then went back and did some of the secret quests and stuff.  Solid game, but you become overpowered very quickly, and the loot sort of becomes meaningless.  Lost Judgement is pretty great so far, if you like Yakuza games.   That being said, I think the only other type of games where people put up with this much content recycling is sports titles.  

Ugh, I'm trying to start a replay Horizon Zero Dawn or Deathloop, but my controller seems bricked now. Camera points straight up or down on both games.

• Sad 1

I'm playing Pyre as I work through Supergiant's catalogue. what a weird-ass game, unlike any of their other titles. the combat isn't combat but rather like a 3v3 game of basketball, with a lot of visual-novel style storytelling in between. I think I like it overall, the story and character elements are definitely more pronounced which I like... but I'm waiting to see where it ends up before I say for sure.

Really enjoying Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Got my interest in Cyberpunk renewed watching how the "real" world is actually becoming itself a fiction. The stealth mechanic feel so great too.

Edited by logakght
  • Like 2

Just played through Metroid Zero Mission, my first Metroid game ever. Will pick up Dread on Friday.

Retropie -> Pi2Scart -> B&O CRT... 240p is lovely indeed. ❤️??

808681264_2021-10-0515_18_56.thumb.JPG.8156a7e4647d50b1057293376bdf5088.JPG

• Like 7

1 hour ago, psn said:

Just played through Metroid Zero Mission, my first Metroid game ever. Will pick up Dread on Friday.

Retropie -> Pi2Scart -> B&O CRT... 240p is lovely indeed. ❤️??

808681264_2021-10-0515_18_56.thumb.JPG.8156a7e4647d50b1057293376bdf5088.JPG

If you can play Metroid Fusion before Dread! Seeing as that's the sequel IIRC. Sounds like a lovely setup you have there ?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, logakght said:

Really enjoying Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Got my interest in Cyberpunk renewed watching how the "real" world is actually becoming itself a fiction. The stealth mechanic feel so great too.

I'm a big fan of the Adam Jensen arc. Mankind Divided was way better than what people seem to think generally, even if it suffers from uneven development here and there. Eidos/Square need to pull the finger out and do another one in the series.

On 10/2/2021 at 4:29 PM, usagi said:

I'm playing Pyre as I work through Supergiant's catalogue. what a weird-ass game, unlike any of their other titles. the combat isn't combat but rather like a 3v3 game of basketball, with a lot of visual-novel style storytelling in between. I think I like it overall, the story and character elements are definitely more pronounced which I like... but I'm waiting to see where it ends up before I say for sure.

ended up liking this a lot in my final estimation. I got the feeling the studio took a gamble on the 'combat' side of things which mostly paid off (though an AI opponent has an impossible edge at higher difficulties), but where it really shone was in the storytelling department, as usual for Supergiant. the core idea of being trapped in exile forever with no way home except through a long journey and final showdown that only some of you will make it through, and you as the player have to decide who gets to go and who has to stay, which of your friends you will say goodbye to forever and which you will condemn to exile - is a strong and emotionally compelling one.

last up is Hades.

On 10/6/2021 at 7:02 PM, psn said:

I have them all lined up now. Even installed Citra to play Samus Returns. ?

On the topic of Metroid, let me just bring this up again.. :catrecline:

On 12/26/2008 at 10:47 PM, Guest Enter a new display name said:

I just beat Metroid Prime for like the 10th time and I noticed Sean Booth and Rob Brown were credited in the special thanks list. Here is the proof:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/glitch191/mprimecredit.jpg

Does anybody know how involved they are with this game? All I can think of is one of the songs that sounds a bit like Autechre. Here is a sample of it:

Your browser does not support the HTML5 audio tag

http://www.sound-test.org/soundtracks/metr...ater%20Core.mp3

The game came out in late 2002, so I think this very song could have been produced during the Confield/Draft 7.30 era, perhaps.

• Like 1

I remember from the Autechre AMA that they couldn't say anything due to NDAs.  My guess is they were to provide an OST and Nintendo stepped in and went another direction, but that's pure speculation.  Maybe they did some sound effects as well?  So far Metroid Dread is definitely a Metroid game.  Although my favorite Metroid game in recent memory is almost certainly Returnal.  

• Like 1

Anyone picked up tetris effect on switch? Just wondering how much better it is than tetris 99 because I love that stuff.

Edit: it's 25 percent off, in Canada anyway. Grabbing it.

Edited by yekker
  • Like 1