IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Just now, chronical said:

Never finished it, the jank was a bit much to me. New Vegas I remember fondly though :fear:

I enjoy both, but for different reasons. FO4 has smoother gameplay, but NV has better writing.

You're not wrong about the jank though. Last night I walked out of a building with Dogmeat and immediately died in a nuclear explosion for no apparent reason.

Just now, logakght said:

Bought an Oculus Quest 2 and it's really a lot of fun. Gonna buy Resident Evil 4 VR.

Damn I wanna play that. But I already have a Valve Index and don't feel like buying another set.

22 hours ago, logakght said:

Bought an Oculus Quest 2 and it's really a lot of fun. Gonna buy Resident Evil 4 VR.

Any particular games/experiences you're enjoying? I'm getting a Quest 2 in a couple of months and want to start pre-planning my descent into total withdrawal from actual reality....

1 hour ago, T3551ER said:

Any particular games/experiences you're enjoying? I'm getting a Quest 2 in a couple of months and want to start pre-planning my descent into total withdrawal from actual reality....

I just got it so haven't bought anything yet. I do plan to get RE4, Superhot and terror games like Freddy's and such. What I'm actually doing is getting a new PC to play HL Alyx and in general Steam games tho.

12 hours ago, T3551ER said:

Tetris effect VR. Heard it's good.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 9:57 AM, Berk said:

Basically finished amalur except for a bunch of boring fetch quests.

Playing Days Gone atm, it's better than i thought initially

Completed Days Gone earlier this year. Massively underrated and unfairly slated game.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Somanymachines said:

Completed Days Gone earlier this year. Massively underrated and unfairly slated game.

I liked it as well. Worth getting the "real" ending too.

As for Sekiro, I couldn't beat either of the bosses a few hours in so gave up. Loved the stealth parts, hating killing 20+ enemies multiple times to get one or two hit killed by impossible bosses. I beat many games on hard, so I don't understand why their games are so difficult for me.

I am close to the end of Deathloop. It's pretty funny and a pretty cool concept.

On 11/12/2021 at 12:46 PM, logakght said:

I just got it so haven't bought anything yet. I do plan to get RE4, Superhot and terror games like Freddy's and such. What I'm actually doing is getting a new PC to play HL Alyx and in general Steam games tho.

Ahh, cheers. I lust after HL Alyx but realistically will be some time before I can really justify plunking down the cash to have a rig that can play it (though, who knows, in a few years, Moore's law will maybe make it less challenging?). Def curious to hear what you think of RE4, it's getting great reviews.... 

17 hours ago, yekker said:

Tetris effect VR. Heard it's good.

?

11 hours ago, Somanymachines said:

Yeah it starts off a little generic with these biker bros, and that had put me off at first, but after the first couple of hours it's pretty great and keeps getting better

Tried out Forza Horizon 5 on a whim since it was on the gamepass, and I don't think I've been this into a straight up racing game since the PS2.  It looks great of course, but it also plays really well and constantly rewards you for doing literally anything.  It's also relentlessly upbeat without a trace of irony, like some kind of afterlife where you just fuck around and race cars in Mexico all day.  

• Like 2

Yeah, it's great! Don't care about cars or racing games at all, but I do love kicking back and just fucking about in that game.

• Like 1

I played Pony Island last night and it's brilliant. very nice having these sorts of subversive little games as palate cleansers between bigger titles.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2021 at 10:44 AM, BaggerMcGuirk said:

Tried out Forza Horizon 5 on a whim since it was on the gamepass, and I don't think I've been this into a straight up racing game since the PS2.  It looks great of course, but it also plays really well and constantly rewards you for doing literally anything.  It's also relentlessly upbeat without a trace of irony, like some kind of afterlife where you just fuck around and race cars in Mexico all day.  

If you like 5, 4 is worth checking out. Pretty much exact same game, just different location (Britain). I'm sure there's some new stuff in 5, but I only played a few minutes so far.  4 changes through different seasons which is cool. 

• Like 1

I've now put over 900 hrs into Fallout 4. Been holding off on the main questline for the past week, but might finish it today.

Tomorrow will mark a full year since I've touched No Man's Sky. Expeditions was the big update this year, plus the new settlement mechanic (hi Preston). So I might start a new run tomorrow to see what's new.

Apparently Synthetik 2 is in early access now though - would like to give it a go soon. Same with Duskers, which recently got its first update in over five years. I've seen the creator be more active in the Duskers subreddit lately too, which is a good sign.