IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I beat Deathloop. It's a pretty cool game. Mixture of detective plus FPS plus stealth plus roguelite. Really amazing art direction and music. Gameplay hasn't evolved much since Dishonored 2. The levels evolve by time of day, which is cool, and the detective element is like Hitman 3. Kind of have to do a lot of work to piece the entire story together.

I just started Disco Elysium. Seems like it will be a slog.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, onecaseman said:

I just started Disco Elysium. Seems like it will be a slog.

I tried to play a few hours of that since it's so highly regarded, but I just found it to be really confusing.  Every conversation was me just picking replies and experiencing random consequences.  Maybe it gets much better later, but I haven't gone back.

29 minutes ago, BaggerMcGuirk said:

I tried to play a few hours of that since it's so highly regarded, but I just found it to be really confusing.  Every conversation was me just picking replies and experiencing random consequences.  Maybe it gets much better later, but I haven't gone back.

Yeah had the same feeling playing it for 5 mins, maybe will try again someday 

27 minutes ago, Berk said:

Yeah had the same feeling playing it for 5 mins, maybe will try again someday 

57 minutes ago, BaggerMcGuirk said:

you two can roleplay the game with low attention spans (low logic, endurance, interfacing and perception :emotawesomepm9:)

• Haha 4
  • Big Brain 1

3 hours ago, BaggerMcGuirk said:

It took me a couple tries to get into Disco Elysium, but once gave it a proper go and put in enough time to see the plot start to develop, it became one of my favorites. It really is excellent. There's a lot more depth to the characters and story than I picked up on initially. So many plot threads pay off in interesting ways.

It is a slow burn, and you have to be in the mood for a game that's mostly dialogue, but if you're down for that kind of experience it's one of the best out there.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Boxus said:

It took me a couple tries to get into Disco Elysium, but once gave it a proper go and put in enough time to see the plot start to develop, it became one of my favorites. It really is excellent. There's a lot more depth to the characters and story than I picked up on initially. So many plot threads pay off in interesting ways.

It is a slow burn, and you have to be in the mood for a game that's mostly dialogue, but if you're down for that kind of experience it's one of the best out there.

Yeah, I've kept it installed for another chance.  I've played a bunch of visual novel stuff that I enjoyed, so the all dialog thing isn't really a problem.  I guess I just need to sort out the systems in play during conversation.  

I finished Inscryption as well.  2/3rds of that one would be my game of the year.  1/3 goes on way too long for what it is.  I still really enjoyed it though.

Started Far Cry 6. So far not as interesting as Far Cry 5, which I really liked. Still working on Disco Elysium, but it's get too monotonous if I play for too long at once.

Just got back into No Man's Sky for the first time in over a year, and just in time too. The four Expeditions from this year have returned for a limited time, so I have less than a week to complete them. Good thing too, because I missed them all up to this point. First one is almost done though for this "second chance" event.

• Like 1

Not exactly a video game, but not sure best place to post this. Took a break from studying this weekend and booted up the Kid A mnesia Exhibition thing. It's FUCKING AWESOME. I mean that not just as a Radiohead fan - on its own it's truly spectacular, even if you're not a huge fan of the music. It's a work of art, and a realization of what heights can be achieved in a three dimensional space when the right people are involved. It's free and, honestly, I think a lot of people here would really enjoy/appreciate this just for the concept and execution alone. 

For fans of Radiohead specifically:

Spoiler

This really captures the labyrinthine/byzantine ziggurat/vaguely House of Leaves thing they were going for during this era. Tons upon tons of easter eggs throughout and the How to Disappear Completely segment is stunningly beautiful, worth the price of admission alone (which is.. free so...I guess just taking the time to download?). Remember how Meeting People is Easy captured the general spirit/vibe of the OK Computer era and gave it a visual representation? That's what this is, for the Kid A/Amnesia time period. An incredible gift, weird, paranoid, unsettling, beautiful. Amazeballs. 

The Radiohead Kid A Mnesia exhibition launches on PS5, PC and Mac next week  • Eurogamer.net

• Like 6

Just finished Far Cry 6. I have limited time to play games, so I've used nearly two months. I like it, but it's not the perfect FC game like I hoped.

+ The map is huge and varied. You can freely roam the whole thing if you holster your weapon and don't trespass certain areas. Not everyone are trying to kill you all the time. A lot of fun weapons and gadgets. Plenty of areas to liberate, side missions and treasure hunts. 

- The XP system doesn't work like it used to, and upgrades are mostly connected to exploring, and upgrading gear. If you like to just play the story missions, this will be a bit annoying. Also, a lot of the things you can do, that has no meaning, like fishing and hunting. Upgrading gear isn't really worth it. I also prefer the story and the madness from FC5 over the vibe in Yara. 

Ghost of Tshushima on ps4 pro at the moment. It's pretty much perfect. I was surprised by the lack of ragdoll / canned animation though, but that's basically the only thing i didn't like

• Like 2

Finished 'Death's Door'.  It does a lot of things really well, and wears it's influences on it's sleeve(Zelda, Ghibli, Dark Souls, etc.), but it's not quite a Zelda level experience.  Also that shit needed an easy mode.  I'm too old for cheap-shit bosses, and even after I beat it, what I felt was more a relief from annoyance than a sense of accomplishment.  

Latecomer to Hollow Knight.

God damn.

Digital heroin rn, completely blown away by the sheer vastness and detail. An explorer's wet dream and completionist's nightmare, there are secrets around literally every fucking corner. Absolutely living up to the hype, probably the "most metroidvania" game i ever played and i've played some...

• Like 2

On 12/2/2021 at 11:01 AM, jaderpansen said:

Latecomer to Hollow Knight.

God damn.

Digital heroin rn, completely blown away by the sheer vastness and detail. An explorer's wet dream and completionist's nightmare, there are secrets around literally every fucking corner. Absolutely living up to the hype, probably the "most metroidvania" game i ever played and i've played some...

It’s too bad the sequel has been delayed, but ya know, the ‘rona

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/hollow-knight-silksong-switch/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

It’s too bad the sequel has been delayed, but ya know, the ‘rona

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/hollow-knight-silksong-switch/

Ah i think part 1 will still keep me busy for a while anyway. Got all normal and dream bosses so far with the exception of fucking Nightmare King Grimm, easily 30 runs in already lol. Then there's still the Path of Pain and 112% (@106 atm) / Godseeker Pantheon shit. Gee. Oh, and i deffo wanna finish the journal and see the hunter! Think i'll pass on Steel Soul and speed challenges, though.

Lore turned out rather dark... Whats with everyone ending miserable / dead. ? Gotta love how pretty much everything you do actually affects people's lives and different outcomes (dat smith man )):). There's fuckloads of love in this game... i mean i only learned about Charm synergy. Depths within depth.

Hollow Knight. ❤️

Edited by jaderpansen
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

Ah i think part 1 will still keep me busy for a while anyway. Got all normal and dream bosses so far with the exception of fucking Nightmare King Grimm, easily 30 runs in already lol. Then there's still the Path of Pain and 112% (@106 atm) / Godseeker Pantheon shit. Gee. Oh, and i deffo wanna finish the journal and see the hunter! Think i'll pass on Steel Soul and speed challenges, though.

Lore turned out rather dark... Whats with everyone ending miserable / dead. ? Gotta love how pretty much everything you do actually affects people's lives and different outcomes (dat smith man )):). There's fuckloads of love in this game... i mean i only learned about Charm synergy. Depths within depth.

Hollow Knight. ❤️

Update: After almost 2 1/2 hours of practicing i finally got the bastard. ?

• Like 2