IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

On 12/5/2021 at 1:49 PM, cichlisuite said:

Fired up Civ after a long time and it planted me on an area that goes from tundra to desert in three tiles, and I'm on Huge size map. Do you guys play any civ?

civ.thumb.jpg.de09a07cd784ff971e197c074183e2e4.jpg

Me. I love it.

Right now playin Half Life Alyx

On 12/5/2021 at 1:49 PM, cichlisuite said:

Fired up Civ after a long time and it planted me on an area that goes from tundra to desert in three tiles, and I'm on Huge size map. Do you guys play any civ?

civ.thumb.jpg.de09a07cd784ff971e197c074183e2e4.jpg

which Civ do you prefer, V or VI?

1 minute ago, logakght said:

I prefer V, I played VI and it introduced some interesting mechanics that I think are good, but overall it didn't attract me all that much, possibly because of the art style which is not really working for me. I love the art deco-ish UI design of the V and the terrain graphics are neat. Which one do you prefer?

16 hours ago, logakght said:

Me. I love it.

Right now playin Half Life Alyx

I'd love to play Alyx but I don't have the VR set. So I watched a bit of playthroughs on yt and it seems like an awesome game.

3 hours ago, cichlisuite said:

I prefer V, I played VI and it introduced some interesting mechanics that I think are good, but overall it didn't attract me all that much, possibly because of the art style which is not really working for me. I love the art deco-ish UI design of the V and the terrain graphics are neat. Which one do you prefer?

I'd love to play Alyx but I don't have the VR set. So I watched a bit of playthroughs on yt and it seems like an awesome game.

I do like VI mechanics too, but yeah, the art in V feels more "Civilization". I think I'll install Civ 5 again (with all its DLCs). And yeah, HL: Alyx is damn great, it does make VR actually fun and practical. Will love to see more games like this.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, logakght said:

HL: Alyx is damn great, it does make VR actually fun and practical. Will love to see more games like this.

It is. For VR exclusive titles, HL: Alyx is about as good as it gets. I never finished Boneworks though. Plus I still gotta try Into the Radius (supposed to be similar to S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) and Hotdogs, Horseshoes, and Hand Grenades.

I don't use my Index nearly enough. But I'd like to buy some ginger ale first to mitigate the motion sickness. Seriously though, any kind of ginger candy or soft drink is your best friend for VR gaming.

I just played Subsurface Circular without knowing anything about it going in. what a cool little game. does very much with very little. it's basically a choices-driven text game with scene setting but within those constraints it tells a great story and poses interesting questions. def worth playing, can run on even a potato system.

On 12/9/2021 at 5:53 PM, logakght said:

IV BtS.

Also new massive BLASPHEMOUS update, the final one before part 2 apparently, once again totally free. Introduces whole new places and enemies, new (awesomely designed) bosses, new spells and beads, new turns of story events -> new ending. Shit's brimming with content and replaying this game turns out still being a blast even after the 5th time!

I positively love it.

Blasphemous!

• Like 1

Finally hacked my Switch the other week. Zelda OOT 3D runs like a dream (on a 3DS emulator), so I tried Korg DSN-12 and there are audio artifacts even when overclocking the CPU as much as I can.. argh! How is this harder to emulate?! :catrage:

Edited by chronical
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 2:54 PM, jaderpansen said:

Ah i think part 1 will still keep me busy for a while anyway. Got all normal and dream bosses so far with the exception of fucking Nightmare King Grimm, easily 30 runs in already lol. Then there's still the Path of Pain and 112% (@106 atm) / Godseeker Pantheon shit. Gee. Oh, and i deffo wanna finish the journal and see the hunter! Think i'll pass on Steel Soul and speed challenges, though.

Lore turned out rather dark... Whats with everyone ending miserable / dead. ? Gotta love how pretty much everything you do actually affects people's lives and different outcomes (dat smith man )):). There's fuckloads of love in this game... i mean i only learned about Charm synergy. Depths within depth.

Hollow Knight. ❤️

Path of Pain: Check. ? That was genuinely fun, challenging but doable if yer Super Meat Boy / Celeste hardened.

Still stuck on Pantheon 4 tho, Pure Vessel's a fucker of mothers. ?

I posted a few pages back that I was bummed I sold my Switch pre-quarantine because I really wanted to play Metroid: Dread...

Well my good friend let me borrow his system and copy and I gotta say, I really REALLY loved this game! I wasn't too keen on the EMMI sequences at first, but once the game got going and I started to figure it out, they were pretty easy. I felt like the Chozo soldier fights were a little reminiscent of Bit and Byte from the Mega Man X games where they would just pop up. I think I preferred just regular bigger bosses. Now I'm loving looking up all the speedrunners, the sequence breaks, the easter eggs, etc

• Like 3

Terminator: Resistance. First time in two years.

New Annihilation Line DLC just came out, but I feel like I need to play thru the base game again first. Overall it's like a simplified Fallout 4 with only hostile robots and Gen 1 & 2 Synths as the enemies. None of that backtracking or settlement building/expansion though.

Well, that sounds way more interesting now. I thought it was just another a low budget FPS.

Edited by Silent Member

38 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

Well, that sounds way more interesting now. I thought it was just another a low budget FPS.

There's still some slight jank to it, but it's by no means a low-effort product. In fact, the environments are highly detailed and there are Terminator 2 Easter eggs scattered throughout.

Overall, I recommend.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

There's still some slight jank to it, but it's by no means a low-effort product. In fact, the environments are highly detailed and there are Terminator 2 Easter eggs scattered throughout.

Overall, I recommend.

My favourite games are well janky, and I do love me some vintage Terminator. Will grab it when I see it on sale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BaggerMcGuirk said:

Finally jumped on board the VR train as well.  Half Life Alyx is pretty nice, although it also caused me to put on contact lenses for the first time in years.  Glasses plus VR is a tough nut.

I play with glasses with no problem. What headset did you bought? Mine is an OQ2.