IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

1 hour ago, BaggerMcGuirk said:

Finally jumped on board the VR train as well.  Half Life Alyx is pretty nice, although it also caused me to put on contact lenses for the first time in years.  Glasses plus VR is a tough nut.

Oof. I could imagine the discomfort. Doubly so if playing in smooth motion.

2 hours ago, logakght said:

I play with glasses with no problem. What headset did you bought? Mine is an OQ2.

Same here.  To be fair, my frames are pretty thick, so that probably has a lot to do with it, but the headset smashes them onto my face and it gets pretty uncomfortable quickly.  I actually went ahead and got a new cheap pair from an online glasses shop with the intention of disassembling them and creating inserts for the OQ2 with a 3D printer.  

I love flicking ammo into my hand and dropping it over my shoulder.  Virtual badass on the prowl.

Started playing White Hell last night - an indie shooter which is basically Wolfenstein in post-apocalypse Finland. Figured it would be a good game for the holiday season. The graphics are pretty basic but the soundtrack is dope and the SFX are nice and punchy, plus there's a certain campy charm to it overall.

I've kinda put gaming on the backburner these last few days though due to a project I'm working on, which I will announce in a separate subforum in a few more days once it's finished. Haven't forgotten about my Dank duties either - just been busy with said project.

Seriously check this out if this is your thing, loving it so far.

edit: also mc ride is in this which is just hilarious. I only just met him and a mysterious goat in the desert

Edited by chronical
  • Thanks 2

So I'm about to have a month or so of bachelor life - I want to buy Civ VI (for a Macbook Air with the Apple silicone), but I'm confused - the 2K website has a huge sale, but then it says only available for Windows, even though it lists Mac minimum system requirements. Steam has the base game on sale, but not the Platinum edition or Anthology. I could buy it through the App store but that's $85!!!!

wat do?

Japan went rampant, gobbling up the entire continent, leaving only Theodora with three of her cities. So I made her my ally, gave her lots of gold for support, voted her as the congress leader (combining my votes and Theodora's we could outvote Japan by a small margin), and conspired for all other civs declare war against Japan. Now it's a world war against Japan. Theodora did not liberate Amsterdam but took the city for her, which made her a stronger opponent to Japan, but Theodora is bad at tactics so Japan is beating her in combat all the time. My small expeditionary force to help Theodora retook Rotterdam, but we had to abandon it and withdraw. However, all this time I've been managing a strong naval blockade of Japan from the east, and now I just took Japan's capital with many Wonders by a surprise attack and he is very not happy. He got cold feet and already offered peace lol.

assyria.thumb.png.87785adcb6bc546b7038b39da74f18ee.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, usagi said:

this?

I wish that would have shown up during my search - but I'm a noob and an old. So i usually have no idea what the fuck I'm doing. You whippersnappers and your tech.

Oh and obviously, thank you!

On 12/24/2021 at 9:31 AM, chenGOD said:

I wish that would have shown up during my search - but I'm a noob and an old. So i usually have no idea what the fuck I'm doing. You whippersnappers and your tech.

Oh and obviously, thank you!

FYI doing a quick search of the Steam catalogue doesn't always show you all the editions of a game available. going to the game's actual page will show you the base edition and any other special editions that are available.

unrelated: I am playing Inscryption and it's great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, yekker said:

I bought dig 2, hyper light drifter and hades on nintendo eshop. Think I'll play dig first.

I'm considering playing HLD again on Switch this week as well. It's an underrated masterpiece.

• Like 1

Just finished Inscryption, loved it, tempted to replay parts and try some different things since the mechanics are so burned into my brain at this point

I've also been playing through the campaigns in Wildermyth and I really love that game too. Great storytelling and fun tactical combat. There's something magical about growing so attached to your characters only to see them die tragically in battle XCOM-style.

Ive started playing more games again recently after taking a general break from it for a while. I've finished the great ace attorney chronicles on switch, I've started playing resident evil 7, I sorta finished Alice: madness returns, I started playing dishonored for the second time, I'm continuing my playthrough of persona 5, I got to the 8th gym in Pokemon: shining pearl and to top it all off I started playing Catherine: Full Body on switch (which is such a fun and addictive game btw)

• Like 1

On 12/27/2021 at 3:00 AM, Boxus said:

Just finished Inscryption, loved it, tempted to replay parts and try some different things since the mechanics are so burned into my brain at this point

I've also been playing through the campaigns in Wildermyth and I really love that game too. Great storytelling and fun tactical combat. There's something magical about growing so attached to your characters only to see them die tragically in battle XCOM-style.

Get Kaycee's Mod. It's in beta but it's essentially a roguelike mode of Act 1. It's breathed a lot of longevity into the game for me.

• Thanks 1

On 12/27/2021 at 2:00 PM, Boxus said:

22 hours ago, Blir said:

Get Kaycee's Mod. It's in beta but it's essentially a roguelike mode of Act 1. It's breathed a lot of longevity into the game for me.

what custom cards did y'all nibbarians make in Act 3? I just made this. I have no idea what I'm doing lol.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

On 12/23/2021 at 10:32 PM, chronical said:

Seriously check this out if this is your thing, loving it so far.

edit: also mc ride is in this which is just hilarious. I only just met him and a mysterious goat in the desert

interested in this. I haven't made my annual EOY Steam sale splurge yet but this is definitely getting snapped up then.

On 12/29/2021 at 12:32 AM, usagi said:

what custom cards did y'all nibbarians make in Act 3? I just made this. I have no idea what I'm doing lol.

I made a cheap chonky flyer called Lil Fat Boi

Spoiler

but my favorite was the card I ended up with in the file browser boss, generated based on an mp3 of a track I made with my friends back in middle school. Love that concept of rewarding you for finding really old files.

And yeah I've done a few runs with Kaycee's mod and it's good fun, I'll definitely be dipping back into it from time to time

Those are all pretty fun, but aside from the set pieces the gameplay is a bit cut and paste. Still, I'd grab if I wasn't a measly console gamer and hadn't already played those shits.

Edited by Silent Member