IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

2 minutes ago, scumtron said:

Does anyone know if the PS4/5 bug fixes on Cyberpunk actually work? I have a PS4 and really want to try it, but I see the price was dumped to 5USD for a while, so maybe not?

Yeah it's been mostly fixed. It's still janky sometimes and the some of the new crowd behavior only works on next gen consoles/PCs but you could say it's in a state now that it should've been in at launch.

• Thanks 1

Nightmare Reaper, now that it's finally out of early access.

But Project Wingman looks intriguing too, after watching my favorite streamer play it yesterday. Plus it looks like it has VR support. Would be an interesting experience to be in a virtual fighter aircraft cockpit with a pair of Index controllers.

I beat Solar Ash. Some of the boss fights are frustrating. World is pretty cool. 3D Monument Valley at times.

Think I may finally try Cyberpunk 2077 next.

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

Grabbed the new LEGO Star Wars for SW day, it’s good fun and Boba Fett rocks with his jet pack, much quicker to get around 

It has some bugs where you just cant solve a puzzle but I really like the weird humor. 

just got a switch and there are soooo many great games. Bought about 15 Games and still I really wonder what hidden gems I missed so far. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, o00o said:

It has some bugs where you just cant solve a puzzle but I really like the weird humor. 

just got a switch and there are soooo many great games. Bought about 15 Games and still I really wonder what hidden gems I missed so far. 

So many good indie games. Have you tried Celeste or The Messenger?

Maybe those aren't quite hidden gems. There's also a really good Worms game .. I love those games.

Haven't really done much gaming lately. Played S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: SoC again like a week ago, and then a teeny bit of RE4 on Switch last Fri. But it seems like I rarely game for more than an hour per day anymore. Either too much fatigue after the work day or too many things to take care of during the weekends.

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting on a stadia deal for cyberpunk 2077. 

I don't really see a reason to splurge on next gen other than play online with friends which i never do ?

Resident Evil 4 VR on Quest 2. It’s great, but it’s actually much easier I feel in VR because the controls are so intuitive in full immersion mode. The intensity of a large group of enemies closing in is definitely turned up and overall it looks beautiful, or at least as amazing as you can make a GameCube game look. Such an oddly satisfying and equally bizarre trip down memory lane. It’s by no means perfect, but Armature studio did an excellent job all things considered and I really hope they’re granted the option to do similar work in the future.

while I was without the Quest I played Hades, which I guess was my first rogue-like. I enjoyed that quite a bit as there is progression that can be made and you have a story unfold with a ton of dialogue. Art style is really slick too. Pretty cool.

also was playing Disco Elysium until the quest 2 arrived. Not sure exactly how I feel about it. The music and art style is great, it’s extremely well-written, has really interesting characters, etc. but for some reason this game just fucking drags. Just endlessly running in circles trying to piece things together. It doesn’t help that the controls and movement overall are sluggish af either. Also some of the dialogue can get pretty mundane and last a lifetime as well. Super ambitious, great voice acting, etc. but at times it can be excessive. Outside of the pace of the game it’s a very fresh and unique experience.

• Like 2

got the last achievement in sekiro yesterday, was on ng++++.

really spoiled the whole FROM experience for me, going back to elden ring that one feels strangely clunky, slow and uninspired (in terms of gameplay) all of a sudden. brilliant experience (with some of the usual FROM cons, e.g. camera, also the skill point progression system didn't feel thought through, looking back most of those points would have been better invested in strength, but whatevs... oh and FUCK the gun fort and all it stands for)! really hoping for a sequel / late DLC.

now for them gauntlets...

ah and i also started virtuaverse. seems solid so far.

Beat RE4 VR and have to say they did a great job with that though I must admit I like the indie game “What Lies Beneath” even more due to the art style, novelty, and overall creepier atmosphere it had. I beat RE 4 many years ago but there was still a lot that I remembered which lessened the impact.

Bought Demeo last night and played a game with some randoms last night. Gotta say, it was great. I never played any D&D or tabletop rpg type games, so this was outstanding. Looks like it has a ton of replay value with randomized dungeon layouts and enemies with new play throughs and the devs apparently doubled their team size and have been adding more content since it’s release. Although initially a VR game it also recently got ported for PC as a couple people I was playing with last night had that version. The campaign lasted about 2.5 hours. Super fun. Hopefully the community will continue to be as non-toxic as last night’s game. I would really recommend this game to anyone who is thinking of bringing that doesn’t have much room to move around in or is worried about motion sickness as this can be played seated. Or if you’re like me you can really zoom in and walk over the map.

• Like 1