IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Back to playing Strife (Veteran Edition) after beating Prey 2017 for the fifth or sixth time. And NMS just got another big update, so I might jump on the next expedition soon.

At this point games are just a coping mechanism for analysis paralysis/procrastination.

Even though there is a Dead Space remake coming out, the creators of Dead Space have a game called The Callisto Protocol that is Dead Space in all but name:

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Even though there is a Dead Space remake coming out, the creators of Dead Space have a game called The Callisto Protocol that is Dead Space in all but name:

I'm ashamed to admit that I've yet to play a Dead Space game. I imagine the gameplay elements aren't much different from the Biohazard/RE series though. Also, Callisto is Jupiter's second largest moon.

14 hours ago, ambermonke said:

I'm ashamed to admit that I've yet to play a Dead Space game. I imagine the gameplay elements aren't much different from the Biohazard/RE series though. Also, Callisto is Jupiter's second largest moon.

I haven't played much of the Resident Evil series but Dead Space 1 and 2 made quite an impression on me.
Dead Space masterfully balances 2 atmospheres:
- Alone, you carefully explore an abandoned ship in space in total darkness stumbling upon creepy scenes along the way trying to grab every last bit of ammo you can find.
- Suddenly you're ambushed by horrific monsters crawling out from every crevice and you must shoot and stomp these monsters to pieces or you'll die a cruel animated death.
Along the way you try to find out what happened to the people on the ship, but also what's happening to your own sanity...

• Like 2

Dead Space 1 & 2 are must-plays. give 3 a big ol' miss.

Callisto Protocol is looking good, though the trailer has so many references and callbacks to Dead Space that it's hard to think of it as anything else. I hope they expand on it, I don't just want a rehash of the same ideas.

• Like 1

I'd like to try Dead Space eventually, but I plan on setting up a streaming channel in the near future first.

But I did start a new RE4 playthrough last night. So far itUN FORASTERO

On 5/27/2022 at 4:42 PM, usagi said:
On 5/10/2022 at 10:03 AM, Boxus said:

capsule_616x353.jpg.e10814cc5911dfa5551f9b4d2aa3a020.jpg

I'm into this.

holy shit this was fantastic. best point and click I've ever played, does so much with so little. mendbending insanity towards the end. and the closing music made the hairs on my arm stand up.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, usagi said:

holy shit this was fantastic. best point and click I've ever played, does so much with so little. mendbending insanity towards the end. and the closing music made the hairs on my arm stand up.

totally agree, I loved this game so much. Great writing and worldbuilding, gorgeous pixel art, excellent music. Been listening to the soundtrack a lot since playing through it.

Played Citizen Sleeper next, that was also very good. Now I'm clumsily dismantling spaceships in Hardspace Shipbreaker.

7 hours ago, Boxus said:

totally agree, I loved this game so much. Great writing and worldbuilding, gorgeous pixel art, excellent music. Been listening to the soundtrack a lot since playing through it.

Played Citizen Sleeper next, that was also very good. Now I'm clumsily dismantling spaceships in Hardspace Shipbreaker.

nice, Citizen Sleeper's been on my list.

Jamestown+.

Man, this is a good one. Mars Matrix meets Metal Slug meets 17th century Europe??

Digging the short but engaging levels. I find these kinda short bursts of entertainment to be working best with my rl atm.

VirtuaVerse was OK overall, Norco went on wishlist.

Edited by jaderpansen

List of game announcements (world premieres) during Summer Game Fest 2022 (totally not E3) so far:
https://store.steampowered.com/sale/summer_announcements_2022
https://www.windowscentral.com/gaming/summer-game-fest-2022-game-announcements-trailers-and-everything-you-missed
https://www.pcgamer.com/every-game-e3-2022-summer-game-fest/

Shooter, Action:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II (Military Shooter)
The Callisto Protocol (Sci-Fi Horror Shooter / Action)
Witchfire (Victorian Horror Roguelite Shooter)
Neon White (Indie Platformer Shooter)
Super People (Multiplayer Battle-Royale Shooter)
Metal: Hellsinger (Metal Rhythm Shooter)
Warhammer 40,000: Darktide (Sci-fi Dark-Fantasy Co-Op-Squad Shooter)
Saints Row (Silly Co-Op Open-World Action)
Gotham Knights (Superhero Open-World Action)
Routine (Sci-Fi Horror Survival Action)
Anger Foot (Indie Hardcore Fast-Paced Action / Shooter)

Choo Choo Charles (Indie Open-World Horror Shooter)
• The Last of Us 1 Remaster for PC (Post-Apocalyptic Narrative Action)
• Marvel's Spiderman Remaster for PC (Super-Hero Open-World Action)
Street Fighter 6 (Fighting)

2D-Action:
Flashback 2 (Indie Sci-Fi Side-Scrolling Action)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (Side-Scrolling Beat-'em-Up)
Midnight Fight Express (Indie Top-Down Beat-'em-Up)
The Last Faith (Indie Bloodborn-like Side-Scroll Metroidvania)

Classic Role-Playing, Strategy:
Marvel's Midnight Suns (Superhero Role-Playing with Turn-Based combat)
• Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader (Sci-fi Dark-Fantasy Role-Playing with Turn-Based combat)
Aliens: Dark Descent (Sci-Fi Squad-Based Real-Time Strategy)
Stormgate (Fantasy F2P Real-Time Strategy)

Crafting, Sandbox, Life-Sim:
Nightingale (Victorian Fantasy Open-World Survival Crafting)
The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria (Dwarfs Co-Op Dungeon-Crawling Survival Crafting)
Roots of Pacha (Indie Prehistoric Top-Down Life-Farming-Crafting Sim)
Good Heavens (Indie Wacky Top-Down Sim)
Goat Simulator 3 (Indie Silly Physics)

Anime, J-RPG:
• Honkai: Star Rail (F2P Micro-transaction Anime Turn-Based Role-Playing)
• Zenless Zone Zero (F2P Micro-transaction Anime Action Role-Playing)
• One Piece Odyssey (Anime Turn-Based Role-Playing)
Soul Hackers 2 (Anime Turn-Based Role-Playing)
• Final Fantasy 16 (Fantasy Action Role-Playing)

Interactive Story, Walking Sim, Dating Sim, Puzzle:
Layers of Fears (Indie Victorian Horror Interactive Story)
Fort Solis (Indie Sci-Fi Horror Interactive Story)
The Quarry (Horror Interactive Story)
Highwater (Indie Nautical Interactive Story)
American Arcadia (Indie '70s Puzzle-Platformer Interactive Story)
Stray (Indie Cat Cyberpunk Walking Puzzle)
• ... and many more ...

I'm mostly looking forward to The Callisto Protocol, Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader, and The Last Faith.

But I'm also keeping an eye on:
Metal: Hellsinger, Nightingale, Routine, Good Heavens, Return to Moria and Roots of Pacha. 

Will probably buy and play The Last of Us 1 Remaster for PC and Marvel's Spiderman Remaster for PC when they're on sale in a couple of years as they were both pretty big games at the time.

But right now, I'm still playing Elden Ring and enjoying it very much.
(don't have much time to play games, taking my sweet time ^^)

Edited by MaartenVC
  • Like 1

I'm hyped for  the Calisto protocol and Stray, the rest will have to fight my ridiculous backlog for attention

• Like 2