IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

On 6/10/2022 at 4:13 AM, Rubin Farr said:

Looking forward to this one, June 16, and it comes with a coupon for a free pizza ? 

Where did you find the release date? It always says sometimes in 2022 - looking forward to this for months now

@ topic just got tetris effect just out of boredom and it got me playing for 4 hours in one session but this feels more like an addiction than a normal way of enjoying a game but who cares

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Berk said:

I expected God of War to be kinda oompaloompa but it's pretty great, got it with the 'free' plus games for ps4 this month

Yeah GoW is a truly awesome game. 

was going to try and platinum it but the Valkyrie’s fuck me up big time ?

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2022 at 4:13 AM, MaartenVC said:

Routine (Sci-Fi Horror Survival Action)

this is back?? I thought it was dead years ago. they still haven't put a release date on it.

• Thanks 1

thanks for painstakingly putting that list together btw, I've added about 4-5 games to my wishlist using that. the backlog will just keep getting deeper and deeper with no end ever.

Darktide looks to be the kind of game/entry point into the WH40k universe I've been waiting for for ages. I'm admittedly a casual, I like the world and the lore but I've never been into the tabletop thing or any of the bland-looking RTSes that came before. give me a richly detailed world I can explore in 1st person + good shootinz and I'll jump in. there's also a WH40k retro shooter coming next year called Boltgun.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, usagi said:

this is back?? I thought it was dead years ago. they still haven't put a release date on it.

Yes, it was announced all the way back in 2012.
Here's a blogpost from the devs about them restarting development:
https://lunar-software.squarespace.com/home/message-about-our-hiatus

Hey,

We’re Aaron, Jemma, and Pete – also known as Lunar Software.
It’s been a while since we talked about Routine, and we’d like to discuss that a bit today.

In short, we’ve essentially restarted production of the game. What we’re sharing here today is in-game footage of Routine. So why did we make the tough decision to start over?

As we were approaching what we believed to be the end of development, we were finding more and more things that we weren't happy with that negatively impacted the experience. We had worked on the project for 5 years at that point and simply couldn’t release it as it was.

We were surviving on an extremely tight budget. The financial stress began taking a toll on us, especially as we realised we needed to work on things for longer. Routine at this point became a part-time project as we had to work on other jobs/projects to stay afloat.We went from having a release date, to not even knowing when we might be able to release. It was a massive strain on us as we had let ourselves, our friends & family, as well as all of our supporters & fans down.

We struggled and didn’t know how to deal with that or how to fix it. At the time we just wanted to say sorry. But didn’t know how we could even begin to do that without giving some sort of development time window. We weren’t expecting it to take as long as it did – and for those of you who have been waiting patiently, we’re truly sorry.

It took us a while to figure out how to finish the project and deliver it as the experience we intended, but when a line of communication opened with Raw Fury, we knew we had found a partner who would be able to support us in all the areas we previously struggled with.

To everybody who has waited both long and short, we want to say thank you for all of the love, support & patience. We're excited to be back and working with Raw Fury, so we can finally bring Routine to you.

While we won’t be repeating the mistake of sharing a release date until we’re entirely confident we can hit it, we didn’t want to keep you waiting any longer and felt that it was time to share what we’ve been working on.

We can’t wait to hear what you think.
-Lunar Software

We are happy to share that we have teamed up with the kind folks at Raw Fury, to bring back ROUTINE !
Thank you to fans both old & new for the support, we hope you enjoy the new footage

- Aaron, Jemma & Pete

routine-game-new-trailer.jpg

Edited by MaartenVC
  • Thanks 1

Damn I'm glad to see signs of life from Lunar Software. I thought Routine was truly dead.

Also Starfield AND System Shock (remake) trailers in the same day...I feel spoiled.

Edited by ambermonke

On 6/10/2022 at 10:02 PM, Joyrex said:

@MaartenVC for WATMM Video Game Editor :dadjoke:

This looks great:

This looks really interesting. It’s basically Mario odyssey with a more evolved 2d in texture platformer  part

I beat Cyberpunk 2077. Waiting until PS5 version was a good okay. Pretty good game actually. Not too many bugs. 

I started Assassin's Creed Origins which I bought in a sale. Not really into the series, but I like ancient Egypt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, onecaseman said:

I beat Cyberpunk 2077. Waiting until PS5 version was a good okay. Pretty good game actually. Not too many bugs. 

I started playing it this weekend on PS5. Enjoying it now that I have no expectations and it was 25€ on sale. I like the story and the city looks great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got back into Elden Ring as I have been mostly on GT7 the last couple of months.

I know people are saying it’s the easiest From Software title ever but I’m terrible at it ? - I will keep grinding (I think) as it is quite rewarding when I do finally progress a little.

I do think the game realises I’m shit at it.  I was about level 95 in a strength build and the ‘phantom’ of Blaiid invades.  Hours turned into days etc and I couldn’t kill him. I tried to cheese it by luring him and hitting him down a lift shaft…. Many, many attempts later I fall backwards into the shaft and die, he finally got fed up with whole the ridiculous charade and jumped in to end it himself ? 

It is my skills that are lacking as I use the Mimic Tear spirit ash when I can and that fucking slays. It often just keep out of the way and let that take everything down. I’ve had it if I can’t summon it though…..

The game looks amazing on PS5 ?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

I started playing it this weekend on PS5. Enjoying it now that I have no expectations and it was 25€ on sale. I like the story and the city looks great. 

Did they ever fix the inventory/loot system or is your inventory still filling up with useless junk items and managed in the most cumbersome way possible?

7 hours ago, Silent Member said:

Did they ever fix the inventory/loot system or is your inventory still filling up with useless junk items and managed in the most cumbersome way possible?

I definitely got it once or twice. It was definitely wtf the first time, but it's easy to drop items or sell all junk at stores nearby or get a bigger bag.

23 hours ago, onecaseman said:

Been waiting for a sale at Stadia for this one, other than the deal with the Chromecast Ultra (which I should've grabbed) there's been hardly any sales....

11 minutes ago, luke viia said:

wtf Scorn has a release date now??

10/21/22 -- https://store.steampowered.com/app/698670/Scorn/

for some reason I thought this had come and gone and hadn't been good. I'm keen to give it a go, but I hope they tune up the movement and actions a bit, the physicality of the game (from the footage I've seen) feels rather clunky.

• Like 1

Been playing Fallout 4. This is kinda what I wanted Cyberpunk to be honestly. Installed a bunch of PS4 mods so the nights get really dark, love it. Putting on the radio and assblasting some super mutants with lasers lighting up the dark is amazing

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, luke viia said:

are you maybe thinking of Agony? this could def have a similar fate, but I'm hopeful. and disgusted.

oh... yes... what the fuck was that, even?

oh, the dumb hell game

Edited by usagi

man, there's some wild shit getting onto Steam these days under adult-only. there's this fully visually realised Barker/Lovecraft-style "erotic" horror game called Lust From Beyond in which there's graphic fucking, gore, mutilation, and in one of the endings you stab the final boss in the pussy. (just stab her right in the pussy!) we're a looong way from 2004 when a GTA mod that unlocked unfinished animations of blocky PS2 models having sex created a massive scandal that drew the attention of Hillary Clinton.

13 hours ago, Silent Member said:

I don't know what the issues were, but it seems ok to me. Was it because of the dildos? I think they patched out the dildos.