IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Two weeks ago I started the game of "Find my microSD card adapter that I put in a box while moving without realising all my Polyend Tracker projects are on it and I can't fucking find it anywhere what the hell did it drop out of the box while moving?" and it sucks. 1/10 would not recommend

• Haha 1
  • Burger 1

On 6/15/2022 at 11:58 AM, chronical said:

Two weeks ago I started the game of "Find my microSD card adapter that I put in a box while moving without realising all my Polyend Tracker projects are on it and I can't fucking find it anywhere what the hell did it drop out of the box while moving?" and it sucks. 1/10 would not recommend

Ps I "burgered" this because it was the reaction that most closely approximated my irl reaction of "oh shit sry m8, I've been playing the other game in the series 'when I moved the home studio into the baby's playroom I lost the usb stick that had literally all my poetry and prose for the last 25 years and I've looked everywhere but all I can find is random Pretzels and baby goop' wtf also would not recommend" 

To be fair, burger is pretty close to that tho. 

In all seriousness hope you find it!!!

Just passed 10,000 points for the first time in Breakout: Boost (iOS). I never really wanted to play at Speed-10 until recently. I probably would have gotten a higher score if my wife didn’t have me included on a dumb group text. Trying to swipe away banner notifications while trying to control a tiny ball at lightning speed is stressful. 
spacer.png

Mostly Rogue Tower right now, but the Doom64 PC port is on sale for under $2 right now on Steam so that's going to change for a couple days. Picked up Neon Struct for $2.50 while I was at it. 

On 6/17/2022 at 12:32 PM, J3FF3R00 said:

Just passed 10,000 points for the first time in Breakout: Boost (iOS). I never really wanted to play at Speed-10 until recently. I probably would have gotten a higher score if my wife didn’t have me included on a dumb group text. Trying to swipe away banner notifications while trying to control a tiny ball at lightning speed is stressful. 
spacer.png

I'm a week late to reply, but man I'm so sorry. Group texts are the absolute fucking worst and should be nuked from orbit.

• Thanks 1

Sold my Xbox Series S because it's a shit console with shit games and got myself a PS4 again. If anyone would like to add me I could always put my username here.

Wanted a PS5 since it came out but thanks to scalpers I can either pay £500 for a digital only (one reason why I got rid of the XSS) and £750 for a normal one!! WOW ? !!!!! :-))) Might just be able to get my hands on one by the time the PS6 comes out

Edited by milkface

9 minutes ago, milkface said:

Sold my Xbox Series S because it's a shit console with shit games and got myself a PS4 again. If anyone would like to add me I could always put my username here.

Wanted a PS5 since it came out but thanks to scalpers I can either pay £500 for a digital only (one reason why I got rid of the XSS) and £750 for a normal one!! WOW ? !!!!! :-))) Might just be able to get my hands on one by the time the PS6 comes out

What were your problems with the Series S? Game Pass seems to have a "few" games no? The performance of the console confuses me though, it's barely stronger than a PS4 Pro.

Also for anyone planning to buy a scalped PS5, get the disc version with an old firmware if you want to jailbreak it :sorcerer:There's been a lot of progress on exploits with the Bluray disc drive.

Linux and Renoise on PS5 when?

57 minutes ago, chronical said:

What were your problems with the Series S? Game Pass seems to have a "few" games no? The performance of the console confuses me though, it's barely stronger than a PS4 Pro.

Also for anyone planning to buy a scalped PS5, get the disc version with an old firmware if you want to jailbreak it :sorcerer:There's been a lot of progress on exploits with the Bluray disc drive.

Linux and Renoise on PS5 when?

It's download only so it's a scam on that front. Not being able to buy second hand games/ sell games you no longer play is expensive and the console only has 500GB. As for the games sure there's a lot but Xbox games are pretty shit on the whole, got a load of second hand exclusives today (Spiderman games, Horizon Zero Dawn and Ratchet and Clank) and having loads more fun than any other widely available game I would've been playing on the Series S. Forza and Halo are seriously overrated and I prefer Gran Turismo anyway.

It's clear people there's very little demand, a lot of cash converters around my area are offering about 20% of the retail price to buy it off of you, whereas they offer around 50-60% for the PS4.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, milkface said:

It's download only so it's a scam on that front.

Not really sure I would call that a scam, but whatever floats your boat.

Anyway...

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Squee said:

Not really sure I would call that a scam, but whatever floats your boat.

Anyway..

Well stupid people like me who want a "cheaper" option end up getting shafted. Digital only is very greedy imo.

Big up the racists at sony!! Apparently you're not allowed to move country so I had to create a whole new PSN account to be able to switch my location/country so that payments on the store worked for PS+ - you can't set your console language to a language that isn't spoken in the location you set either.

No way to transfer achievements or game progress either ? ? ? ?

Just beat the final boss in Gunfire Reborn last night. New DLC just around the corner too it looks like. Basically roguelike Borderlands without the cringe dialogue.

Also played the updated System Shock remake demo by Nightdive last night. Can now traverse Cyberspace, and god damn it's crazy how much smoother it is compared to the original. Can't wait for the full game.

And I've also been technically helping fund the Fallout: London mod project. Will be my main excuse to reinstall FO4 next year.

I'm kind of interested in this rg351mp to play old 8 bit and 16 bit games.. I'm not really into anything more than that but they'll do n64 it appears

Does anyone have experience with it, or other portable emulator system?

351mp_ff15c302-0918-461b-8c6a-a382e16d2a

They cost a couple hundred canadian but they're frickin metal...

Edited by yekker

I beat Assassin's Creed Origins and liked it. Egypt is so cool. I had never beaten an Assassin's Creed game before. Tried the first two back in the day and found them both very boring and quit. Bought Odyssey as a result. Learning about [spoiler below] was cool and weird as I think they expected me to know stuff from previous games.

Spoiler

First Civilization

Not sure what I'll play next. Have a few things in my backlog.